Thread: TIMEZONES not correct

Denak

Default TIMEZONES not correct

I set my board preference for GMT +10 which is my timezone.

I make a post - look at my watch... wow I posted an hour in the future!

The boards timezone is not set correctly - if you intended to have GMT as the default timezone then you missed it by an hour. When setting this up make sure your server's time is set correctly too (a common mistake - i know as i've been creating websites for years using many and various hosts)

To overcome the current problem here I've set my board timezone preference for GMT +9 which makes the time stamps correct. It would be more helpful if I could set it to GMT +10 and have it correct.

Thanks.

Dugon

Default Re: TIMEZONES not correct

Well I'm in a +9.5 hour timezone and it doesn't even allow for that [:(] I reckon it might have something to do with the fact that the US is currently in daylight savings time and Australia (my timezone) is not. Which may constitute the hour in post times. Either way this still doesn't tell me why there is no +9.5 timezone option [:@]

Denak

Default Re: TIMEZONES not correct

Hmm - i guess in around two week's time we'll see if the web server is set to DST in one of the timezones over in the US....

Setting servers to GMT and leaving them there *period* is always best practice. Write your apps that need a local time to convert from GMT if need be!

Thread Information