Thread: Isn't it about time to see an actual Dungeon?!?

Default Isn't it about time to see an actual Dungeon?!?

If I had my way, everything should go on the back burner until there are a coupla dungeons to explore. I don't care what the technical issues are. Fix it. Deal with it.

Of all the things I miss from all the other RPGs/MMORPGs I've played, dungeons are #1.

I'm tired of running around the countryside. Dragons fly over it. I wanna delve UNDER the countryside... ancient... evil.... eerie... monster-infested, corpse-ridden, loot-filled dungeons.

With DOORS that work and have real LOCKS, dangit! What the &*(^ is wrong with that?!?

Get on it. Now, please.
    100 Reaver, Druid, Spiritist, Mage, 96 Healer, 98 Shaman, 67 Ranger, 40 Conjurer, 30 Monk, and 20 Scout & Cleric. Grandmaster Crafter, Chaos.

Default Re: Isn't it about time to see an actual Dungeon?!?

Hold your breath... NOT!

Seriously. If they dropped everything else and worked on dungeons, it would be at least a year before the first one appeared that worked. A lot of the game would need to be re-written, and a lot of new code added to properly support them.

So, don't get your hopes up if you are playing the game expecting dungeons any time soon. Maybe Horizons II will have them. Who knows?

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Good Luck in getting this Weston, from what I've come to understand that until they have a working world model (where mobs cant walk through walks, etc) there will be no real dungeons.

25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

isn't this the hurdle preventing lairs they are currently working on?

gopher65

no, as there are no mobs in lairs. This is a hurdle in serveral other areas though:(.

hmm ontop of an ice mountain with a named ogre and giant ice beetles there is a layer of ice ontop of all the npcs simulating a dungeon( to some degree).

Couldn't they just do the same thing elsewhere?
    first create a shallow canyon, andthen put rocks over it lol

Belog

next thing you know people will be begging for them to dig pits that we can fall in and not be able to jump back out of ---oh, wait! we have those already :) i am the fish to their barrel. i am the booby to their trap...

Bel most of those pits you can get out of, the only landscape traps that you can't get out of are the thes in the eastern deadlands by the walled tunnel (Kaa's roaming grounds) and north of dralk where the walled tunnel by the fire pygmys/ogres. For the other ones use sidestep and jump to get out.. you have to find the right direction but you can get out of them :)

As to dungeons it doesn't matter to me about dungeons, they get boring really fast, once you have explored them they just become another place for people to farm mobs.

Pillaging the land and spreading Pandemonium Amongst Chaos
    Stranyr Al-Qroni
    Knight of Creation/Sorcerer
    GuildMaster of Pirates of Pandemonium

Tarod_Chaos

Dungeons would be awesome and yes they are sorely lacking in the game. Though so is rogue class to pick locks and find traps too. Would love to see something people would have to actually use thier brains on besides hunting and crafting. A nice trap laden locked dungeon with puzzles etc would be a nice addition to those of us who like using our brains and are tired of hack n slash and are done with npc quests ;)

:o
    Dungeons would be very nice to see in istaria. There are pseudo dungeons already.

They could make caves with no doors, like lairs.

It would be perfect if they had static dungeons where mobs live with nests and features indicitive of their types (wolves with furs and remains of other animals that they sleep on, etc. etc.). And having underground building like dungeons with doors and a variety of things to do would be fine...

But they need more deveopers to add all of this... They could do it with the skeleton crew they have, but it would take a LONG time...
    ~=Seikojin=~
    Horizons suggestions
    Dragon ideas
    Ill say it over and over until it is addressed...
    Take your suggestions here . Submit a help request and choose feedback from the list. They cannot ignore their inbox.

Istarian Wizard

Real dungeons with interestinglore behind them, along with unique involving quests, would bejust the ticket to turning this game around. Even minor pseudo dungeons and caves for the time being would give the people of Istariaa bit of hope while they await their "messiah" (true game content) to one day come and give them life and hope and dreams once more. [;)]

Quote Originally Posted by Stranyr
    Bel most of those pits you can get out of, the only landscape traps that you can't get out of are the thes in the eastern deadlands by the walled tunnel (Kaa's roaming grounds) and north of dralk where the walled tunnel by the fire pygmys/ogres. For the other ones use sidestep and jump to get out.. you have to find the right direction but you can get out of them [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]
    There is a spot in the spiral Half-Giants can not get over, with out creative help, as in attack something, and have someone on the ledge above you pull it up, you follow it up [;)]

And in the Eastern Deadlands coords 29732/25060, (sorry I can't link the screen shot), but I (a half giant) am in a twice as deep as I am tall and I fit in it perfectly. I have a great picture of me looking up and out of it.

As to dungeons it doesn't matter to me about dungeons, they get boring really fast, once you have explored them they just become another place for people to farm mobs.
    Sorry back to Dungeons...

If you want dungeons... go play a game with dungeons, appologies, but more folk want the fixes before you change the whole crux of the game. Go into the home page of http://community.istaria.comcheck out the lore. Dungeons don't even fit in the mix.

As a Cleric of Harden I am duty bound to teach you his ways.
    or kill you trying!

Bel most of those pits you can get out of, the only landscape traps that you can't get out of are the thes in the eastern deadlands by the walled tunnel (Kaa's roaming grounds) and north of dralk where the walled tunnel by the fire pygmys/ogres. For the other ones use sidestep and jump to get out.. you have to find the right direction but you can get out of them [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]

As a hatchling I had quite some dificulty with the Deep pit in Deadpool...
    Been there for a long time before I decided to recall...
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Thread Information