Thread: World Texture Flicker

Russus

Default World Texture Flicker

I'm having this issue where the world textures flicker back and forth. Happens more when I move about, less when I stand still. Doesn't happen on the chars/buildings/trees/rocks. Just the land and the water.

Any Ideas on how to stop this?

Intel Extreme Graphics 2

82865G Graphics Controller

Dell Optiplex GX270

I have all the updated drivers...

Default Re: World Texture Flicker

not a techie by any stretch of the imagination, but it might be yoru vid card. I'd also suggest submitting a ticket, Amon and crew are usually good about helping on issues like that.
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

Thats an integrated graphics chip. They are much less powerful than AGP - PCI Express video cards. Don't know if that dell has AGP or pci express, Call dell ask what options you have for upgrading the video card.

Wenceslas

I have the same video chipset on my laptop, and get the same flicker problem. Further, I have a new desktop machine [HP a844n] with the next gen Intel graphics chipset, and it has the same flicker issues. I've tried different resolutions, and changing the video setings, but still get the flicker as described.

Yesterday was payday, so I'm off to shop for an nVidia card.

Wennceslas
    Member of the Annatar
    Order shard

MotorPsyko

I've ran into same issues with my machine at work. I noticed that at 1600x1200 res and high details the flicker goes away... but the frame rate is like 1fps or so. It's just one of the pitfalls of having a built in graphics chip. Hopefully your baord has an AGP or PCI-E slot.

Lothus69

I have an Optiplex 270 also, but have an AGP Nvidia 5500 video card installed, don't have thee flicker per se, but I do know the machine where I work have a bad problem with the onboard video....they keep having caps on the mobo go bad....they usually last about 7 or 8 months before they start going out....don't know if that might be your problem or not...but would suggest getting away from the onboard video as soon as possible.....

Thread Information