Thread: aint it time to end the winter festival?

Default aint it time to end the winter festival?

well, the titel says it.

or at least change the teleporting graphic, its becomming a quite boring/annoying screen for me
    and a festival that lasts a couple of months? the common people of istaria must be rich and have loads of food to be festivalling all this time...

Default Re: aint it time to end the winter festival?

yes please end the winter festilve get rid of the firework merchents

[Sarcasm] But it's still Winter! [/sarcasm]

The Winter Festival's only been going a month too long. At least give us the loading screen from the Anchor Introduction Event (and i use that term loosely). It was substantially cooler than the Festival one.
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

gopher65

It was stated there would be no new major events after the winter event for 3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by gopher65
    It was stated there would be no new major events after the winter event for 3 months.
    So does that mean 3 months from when the Winter Festival ends? Looks like the Winter Festival could go on for another 6 months - so 9 months until a new event.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

its ok to wait a while for a new event, but then put in a 'no event' screen, just a cool fighting/crafting pic and remove the festival npcs

still snowing like mad in the UK, so I say its definately still winter therefore the winter festival is still relevant[:P]
    Kaze Ancient Lunus Dragon 100/100 ~7 million hoard (Lv75)

I don't mind a generic screen to replace the Festival splash (though I *like* the Festival one, it is peaceful and pretty, unlike the previous one that had horrid undead things I just wanted to Crit Strike). I'd rather have a new Event, though :). Especially if I didn't find out about it on the boards first, just logged in and there was a new screen. The few times that's happened, I've felt the thrill of discovery, the joy of wondering "what's next?"

-Levity Merrel, Crai Aisling, Sans AoP by Aiya's pad
    100 Blacksmith/70 Fitter/45 Mason/45 Carpenter/88 Reaver

-Myrthwynn Elendion
    34/32/_almost_250K

Hahaha... I logged my wife's account in for the first time in many months and noticed that it was still showing the winter festival. I turned my loading screen off a LONG time ago...

-HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

Hmmm...maybe this is the start of the Fimbulwinter and we just don't know that it's the beginning of the heralding of the Ragnarok. [:O]

Nellie Lovett/Ochre Tekton
    of Azure Twilight on Order
    English doesn't borrow from other languages. English follows other languages down dark alleys, knocks them over & goes through their pockets for loose grammar. -=Paraphased from James Nicoll=- Unicorn's Lady's Dalliance

gopher65

The lack of events had something to do with finishing the ARoP, Lairs, and school progression to 120, mob progression to 140. Maybe the new artists will speed some of it along:). A bit.

"The lack of events had something to do with finishing the ARoP, Lairs, and school progression to 120, mob progression to 140"

Maybe the next event will encorporate some of these possible changes!
    Uther Truthbearer Lvl 80 Bloodmage/ Lvl 65 Healer / Lvl 26 Carpenter / Lvl 23 Fletcher

Thread Information