Thread: T1-6 Portals

Warzen

Default T1-6 Portals

Some of these new plot locations really suck. Allow us to build portals that we can leave our plots from.

T1:Racial cities and cost 2x normal fee
    T2: Racial cities normal fee
    T3: Racial and player Cities 2x normal fee
    T4: Racial and player cities normal fee
    T5: Racial, Player and settlements 2x normal fee
    T6: Racial, Player and settlements normal fee

Questions? comments? concerns?

Littlecritter

Default Re: T1-6 Portals

I as well have thought the same thing. Having them appear after x amount of construction or certain requisites met would be best, butbuilding onedefinetly better than no option as it is now.

I would love to see this, but could the system handle all the additional portals built? This would be a great long term goal for the devs, after the other major issues (LAG) are fixed.

zerbot

I suggest instead that the player get to choose the destinations on the list, one destination per tier. It should cost to change the destinations, from 1s to change the destination on a tier 1 portal, to maybe 100s to change a destination on a tier 6 portal (money sink!). Tier 1 portals should be buildable on even the smallest plot along with a modest house. Tier 6 portals could perhaps take up the same space as a vault does. Normal port charges should apply.

Dugon

You know what would be nice - is to have some kind of dual bind system, where you can bind to a shrine in a guild house as well as a shrine in a racial or player city. That would really cut down on all the different ports you need to do to get to some of these settlements.

Laviscarus

I'm sure I read somewhere, back before merge when they first mentioned the new tiered houses, guild houses etc that portals would be one of the things you could build (eventually)

Of course, I could be wrong and its just wishful thinking clouding my memory :)

a wonderfull Idea... I am all for this... don't however, hold yer breath on this ever happening :D

Multiple bind points idea is great in my opinion. Maybe a book with bind points marked, limited to say 5 or so, for your favorite areas or town, including guild plots our houses. Of course, not bindable inside high danger areas or ''dungeons''. Of course, the idea is to make it painful via run-time if u die and are recalled home, hence an insentive to avoid dying. And it also slows down gathering... just imagine if you could mark it a great mining area / harvest area and then recall back to town... then back to the resource area. Would take a LOT of time out of farming resources and create more fighting over what was there, as well as make it much safer to farm in some areas it is intentionally difficult to get to for farming.
    All that said, I would love to see multiple bind points, even if that is limited to just towns and guild areas. Also, a high-level group recall might be nice also, if the whole group wishes to go to town together and are bound in different areas...

Verginia

intresting concept

Warzen

I would love to have multiple binding locations, but, I disagree with the bind thing completely. One is all we should have. Remember we are gifted, we are bound to A shrine it is the reason we can not die completely. Our bodies return to the shrine upon death.

Gold

Perhaps another possibility

T1: 1 destination slot
    T2: 2 destination slots
    T3: 3 destination slots
    T4: 4 destination slots
    T5: 5 destination slots
    T6: 6 destination slots

Where destinations could be chosen on construction and destinations could have an Empire linkage fee ;)

Linea

Quote: "I suggest instead that the player get to choose the destinations on the list, one destination per tier."

I agree, 1 destination per Tier, and let us put in player destination pads too. The fee could just be the normal fee. Change of Destination fee should be at least 1/10th the cost of building the portal. T1 = 10s , T2 = 20s, T3= 30s, ... T6 = 60s.

Combine a Guild House with a Shrine, with a T6 Guild Portal and you have the equivalent of 6 personal binds.

If they give us player build portals they will probably have a 100 x 100 meter footprint. And that's just for tier 1.[:P]
    Ikfel the Crafty Dwarf
    Level 100 Blacksmith, Mason, Miner, Scholar, and Outfitter

Thread Information