Thread: Recall home

Default Recall home

Since about 80% of folk have put guild house (because of storage) on their plot. And these GH have a Shrine stone, and we can recall to it .. would it not be nice to offer a recall home & a guild recall.

Recall_home would bring character to which ever stone someone his attuned to on a private plot.

Recall_guild would bring character to the guild plot own area.

Regular recall, would still be associated to a town shrine.

What you think .. recall_home & recall_guild? [:P]
    Nalrach, Healer & Guardian, Member of the "Iron Circle" guild
    Ramti, Friendly draggy trying to wake-up from long nap.

Default Re: Recall home

Better yet, put a gate on Brandons shelf, that will help a LOT!

lovely idea Peaches... Wait and see, probably will happen some time after Arop... :)
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Sszlakith

I like it. Might be easier to implement though if you just have 2 bind points, rather than one for your plot and one normal bind point.

Two bind points would be nice even if I had to type /recall1 or /recall2 - hehe if it saves time making buttons.
    Putter'er of Crafts and Near Miss-Adventurer on Chaos
    Guild Leader - Council of War
    C.O.W. : "Milking the WA Daily....fear the cow"

2 bind points would save me all the flying and porting between the Mithril field and Dralk.. so.. Yes. I'm all for it.

Dolgan

Having 2 recall possibilites woud be good, having thousands of them, would be best... except it is "recall" not a transportation system.
    Having 2 recall points would allow me to set up my working route in a way, I dont have to use portals, not paying anything, not having to walk to the portal either...
    I would benefit from it, yet I would be very dissappointed to see it live.

Dranar

Overall, while I like the idea, I feel it might make things TOO easy, unfortunately. It would be a really great benefit though to dragons as we only have Dralk and Chiconis (and the newbie islands) in which to have Scaleforges at, so being able to recall to a place with a journeyman or Expert place to refine, then recall to Dralk would be nice and all for such things, but overall I wouldn't want to see it.

I just see it making crafting too easy.

~Allon

gopher65

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor
    lovely idea Peaches... Wait and see, probably will happen some time after Arop... [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]
    *snicker*

I think a double recall would be good, one on a normal shrine in a town and one in the guild hall could make crafting a bit less painful i.e making cobalt bars.

This method would really help dragons too or at least place a few other scaleforges in locations other than dralk or chiconis. Ive seen plenty of mountains in my travels for caves to be burrowed into.

Let's face it, the real tedium in crafting comes from having to transport a disc full of materials home. That is why the resources closest to a portal are used quickly where some, like the silk field by marble go largely untouched. It is nice to have resources but if nobody is going to use them then what is the use in placing them?

As far as a recall home that would benefit anybody with a Guildhouse but there are many that do not have that luxury. As well, an Adventurer would see little to no benefit in it.

That is why I suggested long ago that a provision be made by some magical device to be able to recall to your cargo disc. That would eliminate the tedium of transferring a disc of materials home,sometimes through a double port and at the same time allow an Adventurer a way to get back to his/her hunting spot if the rezzer was killed. If they planted their disc before fighting then all they would have to do is recall to it.

Would this make the game too easy? Not really. It would still necessitate porting back and forth to empty a disc but that is similar to what we do now when a resource is close to an available port.Even if the device on the disc had to be re-chraged or cost a few coppers it would be of great use. It would also spread out the harvesting/use of materials rather then have people fighting for the nodes closest to an available portal.

The greatest benefit would be to reduce the tedium of the transport. Think about it. How many have a Tier IV or better machine on a Guildplot but use a regular machine in the field at less then optimal just to avoid that sort of drudgery? Perhaps then,maybe,just maybe, we would see many unfinished buildings completed and the scaffolding disappear from Istaria.
    Bori Grimbattle --->The Dwarf
    Sinistre Azazael---> The Fiend
    Adramaleck Flerious--->The Dragon

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

Azuria

(iirc) In Asherons' Call (where Mr. Bowman used to work), there were5 "recall" commands & spells:
    (translacted from AC to Hz terms)
    Recall Home:sends you to your own plot;
    Recall to Guildhouse: sends you to the guildhouse;
    Recall to Bind spot: where you also resurrect;
    Recall Last portal: returns you to the point of your last portal drop; and;
    Portal Bind: portals you to a specific point (AC only had "one-destination" portals.)

The technology exists, it's just a matter of desire.

TulgAEhas to do something to reduce the monotony of crafting.

Thread Information