Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recent Advertisement in Computer Games Magazine

Default Recent Advertisement in Computer Games Magazine

Here's a link to our recent advertisement in Computer Games Magazine.

http://community.istaria.com/images/Horizons_AD_022005a.pdf

JPG version:

http://community.istaria.com/images/Horizons_AD_022005.jpg

Default Re: Recent Advertisement in Computer Games Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Tulumello
    Here's a link to our recent advertisement in Computer Games Magazine.

http://community.istaria.com/images/Horizons_AD_022005a.pdf

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[;)]

That PDF file may be a bit cumbersome, here's a more manageable version:

http://community.istaria.com/images/Horizons_AD_022005.jpg

Not to worry Dragons,plans are in the works....stay tuned.

As am I Kumu...
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua
    I'm absolutly amazed that there is no mention of Dragons whatsoever in that ad....

Its a beginning at least![;)]

I think it means they are finally getting off the Dragon crutch. Either that or they are waiting until they put in ARoP. :P

I think it's great . . . check it out.

Craft and grow your character with 49 craft and adventure schools, available through 11 different races.
    See, Horizonsstill emphasizes crafting over adventure. So there will be more emphasis on crafting for all races and classes . . . . community projects and items and plots (for all races).

Granted, it was purposely slim on the craft and adventure side of dragons, but that will be the next advertisement.

Conquer the wilderness and expand frontier settlements, take your guild on epic adventures, craft new spells and sell them for coin, buy some land, build your own house.
    New features are coming. And soon. Else this is a false advertisement.

Characters will have a dynamic affect on the frontier, settlements will grow (not be static area of available plots). There may be added spells, not just a higher tier or an added technique. All races will be able to buy land and build their racial house (not just human flavor).

When?

Make an advertisement with features, so be ready to stand behind these features.

As I said before, their next advertisement will center around the hyping of Ancient dragons. Timing is everything.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Good start!! [:D]

Nellie Lovett/Ochre Tekton
    of Azure Twilight on Order
    English doesn't borrow from other languages. English follows other languages down dark alleys, knocks them over & goes through their pockets for loose grammar. -=Paraphased from James Nicoll=- Unicorn's Lady's Dalliance

an interesting interpetation of conqure the wilderness and expant frontier settlements is to say that there will be a dynamic frontier. that is not stated.

it could be something as simple as an event with static results which increases frontier space or opens up a new community. or even not that much, something as simple as opening more land or adding lairs close to the frontier.

do not read what you hope to see, read instead what you see.

Pillaging the land and spreading Pandemonium Amongst Chaos
    Stranyr Al-Qroni
    Knight of Creation/Sorcerer
    GuildMaster of Pirates of Pandemonium

Personally I feel an Advertisment like this could help if it was released 6 months from now when Arop might be done and some content might be added.

Releasing it now while the game is stagnant the population is bitter and jaded may not have been the best idea.

Re dragons. No races got mentioned, a human and dwarf are depicted if you had never seen any info on horizons what the hell is that blue skinned creature?

Advertiisng dragons in the past has caused more trouble than its worth imo. Dragons are a great selling point but those who see how they are in hz are happy and it just adds to the distaste in the mmo community for the game.

Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua
    I'm absolutly amazed that there is no mention of Dragons whatsoever in that ad....
    Lets be honest here Kumu...how many people complain about Dragons being advertised and not complete. Would they really want to just set themselves up for that again?
    Denrath, Lunus Ancient of Order

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Tulumello
    Not to worry Dragons,plans are in the works....stay tuned.
    Meaning no offence sir, they have. For much longer than they deserve.

I'm sad the Saris aren?t depicted in the ad (why I started playing by the by), but at least the fiend may pique some interest.

Whatever good that may do.

Craft-happy Saris with a crazy streak.

An unusual ad, and it will stand out from the generic clutter. Great. And the dragon comment says more to come. Even greater.

Let's not carp about details; and let's be prepared to assist those that the ad attracts.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Quote Originally Posted by Kulamata
    An unusual ad, and it will stand out from the generic clutter. Great. And the dragon comment says more to come. Even greater.

Let's not carp about details; and let's be prepared to assist those that the ad attracts.
    Totally agree on that!
    Putter'er of Crafts and Near Miss-Adventurer on Chaos
    Guild Leader - Council of War
    C.O.W. : "Milking the WA Daily....fear the cow"

Quote Originally Posted by Stranyr
    an interesting interpetation of conqure the wilderness and expant frontier settlements is to say that there will be a dynamic frontier. that is not stated.

it could be something as simple as an event with static results which increases frontier space or opens up a new community. or even not that much, something as simple as opening more land or adding lairs close to the frontier.

do not read what you hope to see, read instead what you see.
    You are correct. However, such is not in the game now (unless the post-merge addition of settlements and redoing of Faladan was the expansion). If a group of characters camps at a spawn location, that area is only conquered for as long as they are present . . . a settlement is not created to "civilize" the area so they can leave it. So if not dynamic, then more frequent WM involvement in the game (which is good too!)

Must be in the wording, viewed from the marketing perspective toward players compared to the actual playing perspective. Justdifferences in perceptions. To me the wording lacked assertive involvement by WMs (or a dynamic system) for the actions to conquer and expand. The wording perception is also for the"epic adventures" besides the current hatchling dragon's Rite of Passage to adult (a another name for guild hunts or guild construction?).

The end result is more traffic to www.istaria.com, the Horizons_10.exe download (fast and updated download of course), these forums, www.tulgagames.com, and possibly www.artifact-entertainment.com. So yes we as players, and the developers, need to consider that in informative posts and website content. As in more welcoming and more frequent and more informative. A task more challenging to some than others.

Tulga Games - allow a faster download ofHorizons_10.exe. I am clocking it at ~40 kb/sec and my ISP speed test(between download attemps) shows my download speed is 370 kb/sec. Prospective players won't be impressed by a ~6+ hour download.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaraiden

Must be in the wording, viewed from the marketing perspective toward players compared to the actual playing perspective. Justdifferences in perceptions. To me the wording lacked assertive involvement by WMs (or a dynamic system) for the actions to conquer and expand. The wording perception is also for the"epic adventures" besides the current hatchling dragon's Rite of Passage to adult (a another name for guild hunts or guild construction?).
    Tis all about perception, Slaying gigaroth is an epic adventure although he is gone for now. Building a t5+ shop or silo or den is pretty epic as well
    Zodias of Order

Monk Issue List

you aren't kidding evilkarl - just the shining ess work alone drives me nuts.
    Putter'er of Crafts and Near Miss-Adventurer on Chaos
    Guild Leader - Council of War
    C.O.W. : "Milking the WA Daily....fear the cow"

I don't craft but looking at the resource reqs makes me feel ill
    Zodias of Order

Monk Issue List

I'm glad they are advertising. I thought the ad was a bit plain though.

Why not something like..............

...dragon add? - I'm gonna be so bold as to suggest this ( http://www.geocities.com/amerelium/sig11.jpg ) screenshot for an add; just stick a horizons logo on is, and no text. One of my best screenies - have the right amount of mystique about it. I mean, wouldn't YOU wanna play that guy..? [;)]

Thread Information