Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This Forum is an EYE SORE

Default This Forum is an EYE SORE

not sure if anyone posted this or not.. since I cant search the forums without my eyes bleeding,...

Please re adjust the backgrounds/fonts/colors--- its so incredible ugly!
    Frons Von Frik - Order

Robert Quicksilver

Default Re: This Forum is an EYE SORE

It it ugly and the only decent method to view this forum is using Opera's colour blind feature, turning on Black on White text, quite ironic really.

Blue_Moonrider

just thinking about it but setting up a group of themes that closely matches the interface themes in the charecter creation screen might hit the spot........

I also find it pretty unreadable. I suppose the dark brooding color scheme is designed to fit in with the whole community website. But to me it's just another instance of style over utility and ease of use. At least give us a larger font size to make it a little easier on the eyes. It's ridiculous how a post of just a couple lines will have the text only occupying about 10% of the space available. It's the text of the post that is important, not all the graphical signatures, icons and avatars.

Dangit posts that they will be offering different styles. Yes please, the sooner the better. Let one of them be a larger font with black text on a white background, and hold the cutsey custom images.
    Ikfel the Crafty Dwarf
    Level 100 Blacksmith, Mason, Miner, Scholar, and Outfitter

Isabela

On this I have to agree, nice job but its hard to read :/ .

My eyes are already crossing after 5 minutes. You could keep the borders but the place where we read needs to be old fashioned like tazoons was.

Thank you :)

Frons is an eyesore!... [6]
    I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class, especially since I rule.

Dugon

I tend to agree, the colour scheme is not the best but I'm slowly trying to get used to it.

I don't care,as long as we have the info and the topics we used to have on istaria.com

Firesight

Default Is this Forum in BETA too?

Ok, I was a long time member of Tazoon.com (god rest its soul)and I just want to say how much of a dissapointment this Forum is. Dev's, is this Forum in Beta also, because it is the worst forum I have ever seen.

Default Re: Is this Forum in BETA too?

Whats so bad about it?

I can post, and I can read what other people have decided to post...
    Thats all I am asking from a forum, so I am satisfied

Mutrock

http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3294

Myca made a thread about it here. Feel free to post more suggestions about how to improve this board![:)]

Firesight

Well for starters, you have to wait for the page to load completely before you can post. 2nd, have you tried editing an existing post? I've tried twice to no avail. 3rd, have you used any of the smiley faces on the left? When used, they look like they were Photoshopped from hell, the edges arent even done right. I guess I'm comparing to Tazoon.com. (moment of silence) Those were the days of good forums [6] <----check it out

they need to fix the quoting white text on a white background issue. Thats an easy style fix easily fixed through the boards admin interface.

I think what we are seeing here is a hastly thrown together board and the person in charge of it not knowing it well enough to deal with all the quirks you naturally get when using a new board system.

They will be worked out but it doesn't look very professional. Thats always been an issue with AE and Horizons though so I think people are used to it. Thats no slam its just a fact sorry to say.

But yes the boards essentially work and I think to most that is all that matters.

yep - I guess its in beta

btw - to edit you have to put a comment in the edit box - for future reference for why you edited it I s'pose.

I trust fully the developers of this forum to have agorgeous stable, bug free, fully customisable forum design say ... in the next 36 hours or so.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Garden Gnome - Order
    Impure Mage lvl 52 / Enchanter 45 / Spellcrafter 42 / Mason 23
    ( Last of the Forgotten )
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    (99.6% html free signature)
    Nicolas de Chamfort : "Swallow a toad in the morning and you will encounter nothing more disgusting the rest of the day."

Anoel

I totally agree with all who think this forum is ugly, hard to read, and nowhere near as good as tazoon.com!

[:@]

Anoel

Unai

Default Re: This Forum is an EYE SORE -- by Unai

I don't agree: I like the colour theme of this forum.
    Btw, using the Opera browser (www.opera.com) you can fully customize web pages' rendering engine and colour appareance.

Algo

Default MY EYES, THEY BLEED!

Good lord, this white on black background kills my eyes. [:^)][B]

Default Re: MY EYES, THEY BLEED!

YEs I agree its needs to be reversed and get rid of all the background art make it simple and get rid of the table option in the posting a post option ..who is going to add a table?

Madiodi

Default Re: MY EYES, THEY BLEED!

*passes Algo a Herb Stick*

Not everything in black and white makes sense

Serat

While you areentitled to your opinion on the current forums, I thought I'd throw out the reminder that in the beginning, Tazoon's forums had their share of hiccups and inconveniences. Eventually those forums ran smoothly. Give the admins herea lil time to work out the kinks and it should be fine.

Thread Information