Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ARoP

Default Re: ARoP

...cute...

Quote Originally Posted by Farb
    Update on ARoP. NO testing was done this week.

[N][N][N] Lets get it done and out, too many other things in development are being held up by TG's own admission.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

SirFrog

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniade
    You play on it at your own risk. You play on blight, you expect to have your char deleted, lose level, level slower, crash more often, etc. This include getting money from an external shard. And what prevent any player to insta level (if I remember correctly, that's a feature in Blight) and then go pawn shop High level gems?

Blight should remain a Test server. If someone want to RP, there is a RP server out there. If they want to play safely without RPing, there's a non RP server too. If they want to help the game progress, then Blight is there. Blight ISN'T another server to play and have fun without responsibility.
    Small problem with your statement. Yes Blight is the Test shard. Yes you play at your own risk. However, experience has it that even given the chance to help test most players will not participate more than in a cursorary role. And again it falls on the few that reside on the shard full time to do the testing.

Case in point: when the shards were merged every player who had a character could have participated in the testing of the merger. However, after the first day or so of the test no or very few non-resident characters remained to help test.

That's not a problem with Dragoniade's statement, that is a problem with the test methodology (lack of, really) utilized by the devs. When you have a test shard, it is only one aspect of a well-defined and regimented QA process, a tool, if you will. The other aspect is utilizing the tool properly. To do that, they have to come up with testing scenarios and assignments, and offer them to the players. Any time a change goes in, they need to come up with a battery of test scenarios and assign them to testers who volunteer. It doesn't matter whether a particular tester is a resident or a visitor, as long as the test is done properly and thoroughly.

I, for one, and several of my guildmates were on Blight testing the merged world for several days during the test period. I crafted, I hunted, I hoarded, I explored. I have to say my testing probably wasn't very thorough, but then again, I had no idea of any specific things they needed me to test. I did everything I could think of to test, and then continued to goof off for several hours after that, looking for trouble. When I saw nothing more that had not already been reported, I went back to my "home" shard.

If a player wants to make Blight his home, that's cool! I tend to be a prolific tester, and if Blight was properly utilized as part of an overall well-defined and executed QA process, it would have been my second home. As it stands, I have a baby toon there, and don't spend a lot of time on him because I don't see the point when the tool lies fallow like so many other similar efforts in the game. I have volunteered to test the ARoP, but without a way to do that on Blight, there's little chance of it happening. I would also like to test a lot of things that come out as well, but I don't have the time to play a cadre of toons to veteran level on both Order (my home) and Blight, nor should that ever be considered a requisite for tester consideration. It is also one major reason why visitors do not stick around long to test.

Conversely, there is nothing saying that someone who lives on Blight has to test anything at all., let alone report anything. Thus, the argument could be made that even full-time Blight residents could do less effective testing than visitors who come there specifically and only for testing.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Quote Originally Posted by cauri_order

*sigh* so it is going to be released in parts. Not sure how I feel about this.....
    I know exactly how I feel about this...

pretty **** nervous...

if it takes them this long between each "section" we're gonna have a lot of perturbed dragons out there waiting months between sections to get to the next part....

Thread Information