Thread: Television

Zideon Locke

Default Television

Time for a new off topic discussion. Some of you who talk to me in IRC alot know that I am a freak for a canceled show called "Firefly". There have been several shows like this which were quality but got canceled cause producers know Nada.....So im curious what shows you liked that didnt last very long or did I dont care?

Default Re: Television

Boomtown...

NBC smokes crack - stupid masses..

Boomtown was hands down some of the most original/innovative programming I've seen in years - and I think it lasted all of a season and a half...maybe two before it got pulled.

Stupid masses!

And now it looks like Scrubs is going to be on the chopping block next - that show rocks!

And although I thikn its in its fifth season or so..I'm not so sure about the future of Third Watch...and I love that show!

Now I enjoyed Firefly, but it doesn't surprise me it didn't make it - it does surprise me that scifi didn't pick it up and continue the series. I think it was just a bit too "campy" on the "Western" theme for the "masses" to be able to get into it.I mean when you think about it, a scifi space show hasn't been successful on the networks since TNG, and maybe DS9 although it faded in its later years and wasn't on a major network anymore.

Seems like everyone either wants drama right now..or the #*$&@ reality shows.

But the biggest loss I felt, still feel- Boomtown *sighs sadly*

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Oh, THAT'S easy!

Back in the mid 90s, Fox put out a series called "Kindred: The Embraced" based muchly on White Wolf's vampire rpg of the same name. If you're lucky, you can still find box sets of the 10 episodes they actually filmed and put on Fox.

In the 80s, it was Automan. Who DIDN'T want a <whatever you need> drawn up by a floating cursor? Granted, the 90 degree turns in the car at full speed were a little bit scary.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

I've only seen one episode of firefly on TV here (in Australia) I have missed the others or it has not been played :( looked interesting.

Kindred was interesting while it lasted and I wish there was more farscape.
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

I remember watching a few episodes of Fire Fly (I think that was it.. wasn't on for long, so didn't get too embraced in it - but it did look interesting). One episode I remember was this chick married the captain and turned out to be a bandit trying to capture or something or other.. I'm prolly thinking of a different show here ;).

I liked the Band of Brothers mini-series.. Although it didn't really die (was quite popular actually), it was a mini-series, so finished after about 10 episodes.

Simpso.. Ohh, wait.. Well, there's at least one other that I know of, but can't think of the name right now.
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

Zideon Locke

Gusi you are absolutely right. That episode was firefly and was called "Our Mrs. Reynolds" which is one of my favorites.

A couple of old series come to mind that fit your specs here, Zideon.

The first was "Kolchak: The Nightstalker," a short-lived series in the '70's starring Darrin MacGavin as a reporter who uncovered vampires, demons and all sorts of spooks. Rather much of a forerunner for the subsequent and much more popular "X-Files."

The other was "Police Squad," the short-lived TV series by the makers of Airplane. Although only 10 episodes made it to air, the series nevertheless was the basis for three subsequent movies.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Wow, someone else who remembers Kolchak. I'm in Australia now, but when I lived in the US, PBS used to re-run a bunch of The Prisoner.

Quote Originally Posted by C`gan
    Oh, THAT'S easy!

Back in the mid 90s, Fox put out a series called "Kindred: The Embraced" based muchly on White Wolf's vampire rpg of the same name. If you're lucky, you can still find box sets of the 10 episodes they actually filmed and put on Fox.
    YES! I loved that series and owned it on video. IIRC it was cancelled mainly because the actor (Mark Frankel) who played the head Ventrue (Julian Luna) died in a motorcycle accident. It was definately an excellent series but I doubt it would have had the same wonderful flavor it did if they would have went on with it without him.

Zvah

Futurama
    Family Guy(but its on its way back)
    Greg the Bunny

Dunno if it was cancelled, just short, or not everything was imported, but I liked Trigun

Firefly was good aswell, but I never really expected it to make it

gopher65

I really liked firefly:(. Stupid fox *grumbles about the long run time of the simpsons, and the short runtime of everything else*. Wait, firely was fox right?

I started to like Firefly cause Zideon let me borrow the box set =P

One of my favorite shows that was on but got canceled was called "Freaky Links"

Had one of my favorite actors Ethan Embry in it. Was a pretty... freaky... hehe... show =P
    I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class, especially since I rule.

Oh, Freaky Links. A local channel aired it over here. It didn't last very long I think, I suppose they had bought it cheaply as a filler for summer. [:D] One called "space: above and beyond" seemed passable for low-budget scifi too, but afaik it got canned too...

Anyone know Berserk? They made 25 episodes but it got stopped due to disagreements (according to rumor). The last episode ends to a cliffhanger. [:P] There ain't too many anime shows that have gotten canned mid-stride... well, the venerable Arislan suffered a similar fate but it was OVA not TV.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

I loved Roswell.It only lasted 3 seasons, and almost didn't last that long. First 2 seasons are on dvd now third coming soon.

When the seasons came out on dvd, I got them started watching, and got sucked back in again. Was watching 2 or 3 episodes a night there. Jason Behr and Shiri Appleby were great in it.

Another one that comes to mind is now and again it had a great cliff hanger ending then was canned.

Kinda a new century 6 million dollar man movie.
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

Thread Information