Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Feedback for Blight Update - 3/9/05

Default Re: Feedback for Blight Update - 3/9/05

Quote Originally Posted by Smeglor
    Heal over time spells (i.e. the Breezes) cannot be teched with potency increases, because they aren't really heal spells. They give an effect that just happens to heal.
    Ugg that's too bad. At least for me my breezes won't be changed at all in this case. Recycle is essentially useless for our breezes, and in order to use cleanse on my heals i would need to add tp into primal which isn't worth it only for that alone.

In order for reclycle to be effective on a hot type spell the frequecy between heals needs to be increased and the duration reduced.

Might we get a Primal Heal Recycle tech with a larger boost to the time decrease? That works only on our hots? Or some other name for all such hots like regrowth also?

Heal over time spells (i.e. the Breezes) cannot be teched with potency increases, because they aren't really heal spells. They give an effect that just happens to heal.
    Hmm. Then what can we use that actually do something and that isn't only eye candy?

Cleanse: Yes. Useful to remove all the debuf we're stuck with.

Heal Recycle: Useless. We have 3 breeze, lasting 30 seconds (way too short) and taking 1 minute to recycle. They do not stack. having them taking 45 seconds to recycle will bring nothing at all. All it will do is make 2 spells useless.
    Time 0: Cast 1st breeze: 60 seconds to recycle
    Time 30: 1st breeze expire, casting Breeze 2.
    Time 60: 2nd breeze expire, 1st breeze recycle, cast 1st breeze.
    And repeat. The 3rd breeze is never used. Why? Because their timers overlap and they don't stack.

Potency: Useless. Breeze are way too weak, The heal per tic is too low. The time itself they take to be casted usually is enough to take more than half of what is going to be healed.
    A lot of dragond don't even bother to cast it in combat. Result: 2 useless breeze out of 3.

Heal Increase: If it work per Tic: Good. Otherwise, another useless.

The only techs Breeze need are cleasing teches, techs that will make it last longer and a tech that will increase the healing per tic or decrease the tic time by half
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

Come on Smeg, you have to be joking. These spells do NOTHING BUT HEAL!! They are healing spells, nothing else. Now if they were like armor buffs that had a side affect of healing I would understand your justification. BUT THESE ARE JUST HEALING SPELLS!!!!!!!!
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Death-Knell
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Smeglor wrote: Heal over time spells (i.e. the Breezes) cannot be teched with potency increases, because they aren't really heal spells. They give an effect that just happens to heal.

Come on Smeg, you have to be joking. These spells do NOTHING BUT HEAL!! They are healing spells, nothing else. Now if they were like armor buffs that had a side affect of healing I would understand your justification. BUT THESE ARE JUST HEALING SPELLS!!!!!!!!
    Ok Death-Knell it would it had been better to say they are not standard heal spells.When a potency goes off on a normal heal spell it takes into effect at casting, our breezes do not cast a instant heal but set up a "BUFF" that then cast a small heal every x secs. The Potency does not affect the"BUFF" that is created from the breeze heal spell. Now if they could not program some way of increaseing the effects of these "BUFF" heals I am not sure. They have said no before because of the way they are set up.

gopher65

I wonder whether the changes to dragon heals have anything to do with HoTs. Personally I feel that dragons will get a heal or 2 similar to revitalize upon completion of the ARoP. If that is true, then these changes are directed toward those spells, and not toward the Breeze spell line.

Yes, they could make it so the buff was tech'd over time.
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

I don't think I saw this asked.......is the cleanse tech going to have a chance to go off on each tick or just the first one?

Smeglor? Manga? Anyone? :)
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

Quote Originally Posted by cauri_order
    I don't think I saw this asked.......is the cleanse tech going to have a chance to go off on each tick or just the first one?

Smeglor? Manga? Anyone? [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]
    I want to say that has been asked before and the way I think we were told by other plays is that Regrowth that can or could accept it it only works on the first "pulse" when you cast it. Just like the heal increase only works on the first "pulse".

Oh Kumu good call. I never thought about it like that. Would be a very easy to code in. Just make it stackable with breezes and 100% chance of procing.

Hot Dragon Love!! Cleanse on the breezes!

I will likely be triple cleansing all three breezes in tier 5, depending on primal required. Or maybe just the lower 2 and not quickening. I often use quickening at the start of a fight. Can cycle thru the others for the cleanse effect.

[Y] nice about the comp drop rates also. [Y]

gopher65

Cleanse III adds +30 skill per application. Triple teching with it will increase the required skill by 90 primal.

woots - lootable hoardables on *all* monster tables...I look forward to testing that :)....

now - just fix those adventure quests to 100 and scale back the hoarde cap and we're good! ;)

Lovin' the patch....can't wait!

Adventure quests would truely be nice, and not just for dragons.

My trainers have had nothing for me since the merge and I know that people just starting out ask why their adventure trainers say they will supply tasks but then say that there is nothing that can be offered at this time :(

Pillaging the land and spreading Pandemonium Amongst Chaos
    Stranyr Al-Qroni
    Knight of Creation/Sorcerer
    GuildMaster of Pirates of Pandemonium

A million thumbs up. Can't wait for this patch now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU!

[;)]

I'm looking forward to it as well, however, we must 'Give them more time to get it right'... :)

/waves at the sycophant brigade... :)

25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

:o
    Almost every change is a change for the better. The two things this game needs is expansion and refinement (not a literal term, read between the lines kind of thinking) I like how things are progressing... Tulga needs more people in their offices to make this happen more often and faster as there is still alot of ground to cover...

But again nice update, and I cant wait to see the changes go to the live servers...
    ~=Seikojin=~
    Horizons suggestions
    Dragon ideas
    Ill say it over and over until it is addressed...
    Take your suggestions here . Submit a help request and choose feedback from the list. They cannot ignore their inbox.

The changes, in themselves, are great. But they also seem to herald a change in attitude that might beeven more important.

In the last 9 months or so, changes in game play (as opposed to content) were almost always things done to the players. Cash drops cut to zip, tech drops cut way back, tech requirements increased, vielo prices increased, hoardables and crystals almost removed, crystal powers cut back, anchors blighting fields... I know that some of those changes were partly rolled back (grudgingly seemingly), after much protest, but there was very little positive added to the gameplay, and the tenor was often negative.

Now, with these changes, and the reduction in walkway/shrubs/rocks construction requirements, anchors aweighed, and the silo capacity increase, (and increased dev posting and noticeably quicker bug ticket response too,) things are being done for the players. I think that this is not only welcome for its own sake, but especially because it heralds a change in attitude toward the customer. And I believe strongly that it will be a more successful business model than continually adding to player frustration to try to stretch the content.

A while back a dev was musing about making nature spells unchainable. More recently, we've heard about redoing the tutorial, beginner island(s), and making game data much more accessible. Which would improve the conversion rate of trialers? Which would be the potential straw that broke the myloc's back? The change in attitude is extremely heartening.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

JorgyNep

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter
    [*]Dragon love AND confectioner love in the same update???
    Of course! Now we can catch those pesky gnomes AND have them cooked for us more efficiently - WOOT!

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Just leave my guildleader out of that. He happens to BE a gnome confectioner.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Thread Information