Thread: Crafter Suggestions =)

Sithus

Default Crafter Suggestions =)

Remember new coke? Everyone hated it and it dissapeared? Maybe horizons can learn from the mistakes of others. I was used to the old crafting system where (for t3) you could either kill golems for gold OR trek out to a field and gather more or less unmolested. Now, I have to bob and weave around golems (i am almost instantly killed by mithril golems in my cargo armor), mez golems who suddenly spawn in, and generally die a lot to gather. I like the idea of being able to kill golems and harvest em for resources, but now pretty much everyone in the game has to have an adventure level close to their craft level to gather. I guess its just a harsh sudden change fromhaving a crafter level 40 levels higher than my adventurer and now struggling and dying to gather. I suggest youhave an alternategathering method for people who don't want to level andgather at the same time.

Second would probably be the t5 form drops and t4/t5 tech drops. I have been level 100 for a few weeks (jeweler) and haven't gotten a single tech (t4/t5) since they came out. It reminds me of something SWG did right before I quit. They came out with a new virbo knuckler core to make a uber vibro knuckler, then put it on a super hard mob (force sensative night sister elder)and made the drop rate like 1 in 100. So basically it was like not having anything at all. I feel the same about the forms/techs. Forms aren't as bad as techs, but really was hoping for expert tokens. How about crafter quests for forms/techs?!?!

Sithus Spellweaver
    Order Shard

zyanya

Default Re: Crafter Suggestions =)

My suggestion would be to make all of the machines accessible near the resource fields again (or at least reasonably close). If I were going through all of the trouble to put a table saw in x location, I wouldn't stop at that. I'd put the woodworking machine there as well. Why bother with the saw when you have to run somewhere else for the table (that likely has a saw right next to it)? Or at least put destroyed ones near the fields that we can fix. I can build expert shops all over my property but not where I really need one.That's silly. If I can fend off the treeants or golems or whatever, the property isn't owned and is pretty much frontier. Why not?

It was plenty difficult before the changes - no need to fix something that wasn't broken; unless the goal was just to break it. The changes created tedium, not challenge or fun.

Thank you!

I found quarrying in the marble fields among golems twice my adventure level to be unbearable. I finally had enough of sneaking about in constant fear. It did not make crafting more fun for me at all. So I broke down and spent a week or two raising my paladin by about 30 levels. I felt like I failed to remain true to my crafting roots. I never wanted to be a high level adventurer, but I was forced in to it. Now I can kill tier 5 mobs myself and get my own tech components. What use do crafters have for adventurers once we are forced to become adventurers?

I suppose the reason expert form drops and techniques are so rare is to give pure adventurers a reason to exist. It's a full time job winning those drops. I've gone up about 5 levels killing hundreds of marble golems. I've received about 100 trophies and 50 frags as drops off them, but only one expert formula and one tier 5 tech. I can't imaging how many you'd have to kill to obtain the dozens of formulas and techniques I want.
    Ikfel the Crafty Dwarf
    Level 100 Blacksmith, Mason, Miner, Scholar, and Outfitter

Sithus, ask in market place, or general often adventurers will head on out and kill the mithril golems if asked.

There is still no need to adventure to craft However unfortunately the additional health granted by adventuring can make it easier to survive the attacks of mobs when crafting.

I personally prefer the new world and crafting in it as a) I have tier 5 and higher b) I have machines near the resources I need as a miner that saves me considerable amounts of time. I also have the new useful discs :))
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

In this Massive Multiplayer Online RP Game, there are . . well lots of people. Most of the resources have unguarded areas, just need to look. Or wait, usually there are those around that don't mind bashing monsters - harvest near them.

There is a spot for a pure, more or less, crafter. Just takes more team work, planning, or waiting. And, don't forget, can always forget adventuring schools if you wanted to stay to that vision of your character.

As for tier IV, V techs and formulas . . . don't know. Likely AE will increase the drop rate or make this some sort of adjustments. I think they ruled out Expert tokens.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Warzen

I actually enjoy the changes they made for a few resons.

1-I have a near infinate supply of exactly what i'm looking for. Remember the old Platinum/Cobalt/Obsidian fields? One of them had level 60 reanin's and deathly ogres, the other had undead enforcers, rotting wolves (a joke) and the occasionaly AoP.

2-Crafting can be done with adventuring, just a tad bit time consuming. (There is Iron and Silver in Dralk [unguarded], I found platinum somewhere [unguarded]) Just have to look for it.

3-There are also different levels of crafter, those that can gather, those that can process and those that do both. If you want to do both efficently you will need to adventure. (If you don't want to deal with mobs, i'll be more than happy to sell you the resources.)

4-Tech's and Forms. A person mining mithril probably will not get a mob drop. A person killing Mithril golems is much more likely. Even if there was a 1% chance (I assume it is much lower) we are still talking an average of 100 golems to 1 form.

5-Machines in the field. Now that people own plots, we are getting them.On Chaos, we have a smelter in Old Oaks and Wolfs Paw. One was being built in Mithril's Anvil.

Besides as a crafter, we can do things adventures can't. Make gear. Sell adventurer gear, buy forms from adventurer. We all get what we want in the end. The more aggressive you are, the more you will get.

I dont think the recource creatures are bad, not at all in fact, what I do min is that for virtually every wood field, there is a table saw station, likewise for stone, even if the machines are not finished, but none for essence gathering, not even unfinished stations (wouldnt know about metal resources)

so, WHERE ARE MY CHANNELERS??
    porting for 3-5 minutes for half a minute of gathering glowing essence is not my idea of practicality...
    Myca Ghimerov, Fiendish Wizard, Sorcerer, Enchanter, Mason. Retired.

Proud Member of the Steel Phoenix

Thread Information