Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Plan to limit multiclassing

Krald

Default Re: Plan to limit multiclassing

Well crowd control probably still is very overpowered in HZ, meaning you can permanently root any mob quite easily, and mezz many adds so a straight mage can solo things a lot above their level/skills.

Spearman would be different though because of the increased dependancy upon skills and equipment.

I started from Ranger, a pretty coherent, well-realized class.Ranger remains the "core". I multi-classed with the idea of expanding Ranger, but maintaining the coherence. Ranger can throw all but the specialized spells, heal, res, and buff.

So mage originally for energy/flame/ice attacks, an absolute necessity against marrows. Some healer, for gifts and enhances, higher heals than Natureskill allow,and Resurrection. Spiritist, for spirit bolt, nice to have after Harden Shell, when the arrows start bouncing. And shaman, to get Nature higher.More mage to multicast Dark Cyclone, irresistable.And there I wait for the cap lift, working on a dragon alt.

Ranger still feels like Ranger. Medium offense, medium defense generalist. I can root, but not mez crowds , my AoE's are all Nature spells, no nukes except Dark Cyclone, (no Multicast III Bomb), two basic heals, an instant and a group. Lotsa buffs. In general I don't use Blight or syphon spells, as a bit out of the general nature of the class, but will for fun or desperation. Ring/chain armor of course.

For me, this is what multi-classing is about; extending your favorite class, without altering it greatly.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Quote Originally Posted by Kulamata
    I started from Ranger, a pretty coherent, well-realized class.Ranger remains the "core". I multi-classed with the idea of expanding Ranger, but maintaining the coherence. Ranger can throw all but the specialized spells, heal, res, and buff.

So mage originally for energy/flame/ice attacks, an absolute necessity against marrows. Some healer, for gifts and enhances, higher heals than Natureskill allow,and Resurrection. Spiritist, for spirit bolt, nice to have after Harden Shell, when the arrows start bouncing. And shaman, to get Nature higher.More mage to multicast Dark Cyclone, irresistable.And there I wait for the cap lift, working on a dragon alt.

Ranger still feels like Ranger. Medium offense, medium defense generalist. I can root, but not mez crowds , my AoE's are all Nature spells, no nukes except Dark Cyclone, (no Multicast III Bomb), two basic heals, an instant and a group. Lotsa buffs. In general I don't use Blight or syphon spells, as a bit out of the general nature of the class, but will for fun or desperation. Ring/chain armor of course.

For me, this is what multi-classing is about; extending your favorite class, without altering it greatly.
    I would like to think that was AE's intent of multiclassing -a character "living" a core class and adding, with moderation, spells and masterable abilities that directly complement it. Later, AE added the functionality to drop schools (to lower the AR). Learning the crafting side also - to have some or total self-sufficiency. Just enjoying the favorite class with its limits, mitigated a bit from learning a few levels in other schools.

Coherance and vision for the primary class. At some point in multiclassing, though, there is no coherance, just a blob of statistics, skills, abilities, and spells (the extreme being a combat toon grinding towards an optimal blend . . . . but that is fun for some). AE may, then, have envisioned characters with an adventure rating of 200 back in December 2003, it would be nice to know.

The problem I seeis a Ranger using the Mage's defining ability to multicast spells from other schools. However, that ispart of the adventure school design.

Nice post Kulamata.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Kulamata hit it on the head for me, all my other classes I've taken with augmenting my main(Ranger) in mind.
    Tempus fugit, memento mori.

Krald

Well yeah, same for me, but when I was playing those other classes to help improve my ranger it does feel kinda "false" because you don't use the new classes spells much until it gets high level, and I rarely got the opportunity to actually play as a ranger and feel like I was doing something beneficial. Now I really enjoyed playing as a ranger and when I played these other classes its nothing like that, and its not really some exciting different class either.. its some horrible semi-class :p

I guess I could have put self imposed restrictions in order to be more like a pure class and "fun", but that doesn't really work and slows things down too much.

I found before I left, when we just had the new world arrive and I enjoyed a lot to explore and kill stuff actually as a real ranger again and I had a lot of fun, but then I realised I was not really achieving anything and the novelty wore off a bit, so it went back to multiclassing which.. I don't know I just don't enjoy under its current system.

Oh well :/

Quote Originally Posted by Krald
    Well crowd control probably still is very overpowered in HZ, meaning you can permanently root any mob quite easily, and mezz many adds so a straight mage can solo things a lot above their level/skills.

Spearman would be different though because of the increased dependancy upon skills and equipment.
    Ideally, yes you can solo things way above your level, and juggle one or two mobs. But make one mistake and your toast, and I am sure your aware of this. Permanently rooting mobs is not easy. Mobs love to evade mezzes and roots, and when they do, it gets bad, fast.

I don't think crowd control is overpowered at all. If a mage type can juggle 3 mobs near their level with mezzes and roots, and survive, that is them playing their class well. Doesn't mean it's overpowered.
    torvos: shadow/chaos shard (on vacation)
    100 mage/100 wizard/100 sorcerer/100 conjuror
    96 chaos warrior
    100 enchanter & member of the dark council

Explorer 86%, Socializer 46%,
    Killer 40%, Achiever 26%

Kulamata pretty much summed up my multiclassing as well...My main class is and always will be Paladin...I took Druid first to Augment my combat with some abilities and spells,and for RP reasons...Right now I am working on Warrior to augment close combat, will finish druid, and then take healer to make my healing and buffing skills better...and after that, I may not take another adventure class, because I will have what I want...a Paladin that has taken training from other classes to make himself more powerful...

That is what multiclassing should be, and for the most part is, as far as I can see...Just people taking other classes to improve their main one...
    Death is the ultimate dilemma and integral to the beliefs and behavior of every culture. Life is bore on the corpses of the dead. Without death, there would be no motivation to do anything. The only emotion would be existing. Life would be pestilent and agonizing.

Ssilmath Torshak
    Paladin of Kass, Master Armorsmith

Most people multiclass to augment their main myself included. All my subclasses help my main in some way or another.
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

Multiclassing is, for me, one of the most enjoyable features of the game. It was one of the things I didn't like about WoW after being spoilt by Horizons - being stuck in the same mold as everyone else of your class.
    Crafter 190 Adventurer 149 Dryad - Order

Krald

Ideally, yes you can solo things way above your level, and juggle one or two mobs. But make one mistake and your toast, and I am sure your aware of this. Permanently rooting mobs is not easy. Mobs love to evade mezzes and roots, and when they do, it gets bad, fast.

I don't think crowd control is overpowered at all. If a mage type can juggle 3 mobs near their level with mezzes and roots, and survive, that is them playing their class well. Doesn't mean it's overpowered.
    Well I haven't really played much of mage, but as a conjurer many months ago when we all used to kill marrows the above was true. In that one mob was easy, perhaps even trivial but two is a juggling act of my binding crystals and ice shackle spells which needed to be timed very well or else you'd be toast, and three is a case of needing my multicast up so I could multicast nuke and DoT one, so it died fairly fast and then juggle the other two. Misses were deadly, but I don't really understand how mage with their mind spells can have much trouble.
    That in itself is at least semi balanced, I don't have mind to fall back upon or really short recast times like numbing haze (if its still the same) if spells missed, so soloing could be challenging.

Mage on the other hand has so many spells if one misses they can just cast another and with there being no mana its impossible to run out pretty much.

While mostly-pure conjurers had a limited crowd control ability compared to mage, that ability made them far more able to solo above their level than say spearman. I doubt a single classed (save for 8 mage) 50 spearman could have killed those 80 marrows when they were still around, but a conjurer with some luck could because spells landed so easily. Also the class system as I knew it made it impossible to nerf the landing of spells so that it would be balanced because doing so would make hybrid classes like ranger unable to land spells. This is unless of course they had some benefit in landing spells which kinda made it as if they had at least 10 spell skill per level even if they didn't have that either from class skills or multiclassing. Doing that however would make both multiclassing druid/shaman or spending in nature much less desireable because if you can hit equally well as 10 skill/level even without multiclassing classes then much of the benefit is gone.

Anyway, fact still remains that a single classed spearman can do a lot less than a single classed crowd controling class, so hence would be considered "overpowered", but multiclassing does kinda change things, in that most classes can pick up crowd control via that.

Have they done anything to enhance non-spell class multiclassing yet? basically no one left warrior, spearman, crossbowman, etc as their primary class because doing so would cut them out of the uber-spell multiclassing. They didn't even have significantly more weapon choices at a result.

well, worry not i shant be imposing anymore ideals. i give up. ive held on too long to bother anymore. I once had love for this game, but you know over a year of waiting for anything has drained it out of me. so my theory is keep everything the same as it is, and have fun as you deem it is. i know im not dealing with it no more, for months i said well i dont log in but if my sub can held keep the game i love a float well then fine ill keep it active. you know what no more. yet another sub lost. so i bid you all Au revoir. have fun

Bright the dragon officially saying good bye

Krald

Whats that got to do with the post?

Sad to see you go, but is it something said that put you off?

Good idea, try and make everyone feel guilty.

Nobody said to keep everything the same as it is, the same people posting in this thread are also coming up with ideas to help Horizons. As others have pointed out, your idea would radically change the game - its multiclassing system (one of the big selling points) would have been scrapped - that just isn't going to work.

It seems to me that you completely missed the point that was trying to be made. Nobody said 'quit coming up with ideas!', they were pointing out how you have to be respectful of the playstyle of others. You need to come up with ideas that help a large part of the population - two good examples of this are 1) increasing silo capacity and 2) increasing form and tech comp drop rates. These make the gamebetter, are very simple, and don't step on anyone's toes in the process.

Tossing an idea out for the public means that you open yourself up to the scrutiny of the public. Based on their feedback, you can either improve your ideas and even your process of generating ideas or you can give up. Right now you are doing the latter, but I wish you would do the former. Accepting honest criticism of your ideas or creations is a valuable skill which can be very hard to pick up.

As an example: for a long time I was against an increase in tech comp drop rates (you can probably even find a post on here of me saying so), but others have made me see the true benefit of it and now I fully support it. My point being that even if others disagree with you, you still need to listen to what they are saying.

Adv: 12x100, 72 Wizard, 60 Warrior, 40 CHSW, 10 Monk (200)
    Craft: 19x100, 100 Tailor (234)
    [extended vacation]

:o
    My whole reasoning for making multiclassing restricted is for uniqueness... Youll have people that pick the same template further down the road I give you that... But the way people play is supposed to be important in the game... and right now it isnt...

All my ideas for class restriction can be eventually found by clicking the link in my sig... But you have to skim over some other stuff to find it... And it is all centered around the idea of removing tier based abilities...

If every class has a unique set of abilities that ran the range of their levels, and those abilities were not duplicated by any other class then you would have a reason to stick to one class... the abilities fit your playstyle...

Now im not suggesting to remove all the abilities and replace them with unique ones... But im saying have a bunch of ones that are... and for the most part, unshareable (meaning you wouldnt be able to use it in other classes).

But then again a large number of players here resist the idea strongly that they may have to lose something for a more balanced game... Almost like those who use hate speak... interesting...
    ~=Seikojin=~
    Horizons suggestions
    Dragon ideas
    Ill say it over and over until it is addressed...
    Take your suggestions here . Submit a help request and choose feedback from the list. They cannot ignore their inbox.

But then again a large number of players here resist the idea strongly that they may have to lose something for a more balanced game... Almost like those who use hate speak... interesting...
    [
    Actually what you just did was hate speak.
    You just implied that anyone that doesn't agree with you doesn't want a balanced game, and also use "hate speak".

Interesting.

So we either agree with you and are good people.
    Or we don't agree with you, therefore don't want a balanced game, and therefore use hate speek.

...interesting...

My whole reasoning for making multiclassing restricted is for uniqueness... Youll have people that pick the same template further down the road I give you that... But the way people play is supposed to be important in the game... and right now it isnt...
    A quick opinion on this.

If this was so, then every cleric would be just like every other cleric. Every mage, the same, warriors, healers, blood mages, spiritist would be the same as every other.

Restricting for uniqueness? Oxymoron?
    If you remove options, how can you create more uniqueness?

I think the point that you are trying to get across is that everyone wouldn't have the same abilities. But everyone in the same class would. So instead of everyone having ability X, only people in Class Y would have ability X.

My opinion (probably perceived as hatespeak) is that I dislike the "elf = ranger", "Dwarf = fighter", "human = generic" type of games. While I think there should be some variation in characters, we see what happens when there is a limited set of things to do in other games. You can heal, but not fight. You can cast spells but not wear armor, you can wear armor but no healing no magic. . .

My .02 of hate speak.

And yes, I would like to see each class get a set of "questable abilities" that are not transferable, that make the class unique and would promote single class value, as well as "inherent" character improvement quests that could be done once in the character's life, and allow them to specialize their character. Such as a 10th level quest that lets you add to any of the stats (spirit/power/str. . . )
    -Digit Dryad
    Chaos

My decision to leave had nothing to do with what was said here. basically, i logged in the other day and after that i asked myself whats the point. so i logged out and canceled. simply got tired of broken promises. got tired of no communication whatsoever. got tired of a game full of specualation and no action. Had hope once for this game, but hope dont last forever. months went by, and i have been keeping up my subscription playing maybe 2 hours a month simply because there is nothing left to truely hold me anymore. The community was great, but there wasnt much. the constant arguements about uberness and the snowball effect of mobs being set to the level of the multiclassed people, making those who wanted single schools have the most difficult time ever, which ruined the game.

No matter what anyone says, they wont do anything to restrict it because there are some people who dont want to restrict it. most people are only looking at the now. their entertainment now, and restricting multiclass would kill that. they however fail to look at the long run. what happens is mobs are adjusted to multiclassed characters. people start a single class find out they cant do anything and are forced to multiclass. sure, they can go through hell and back and maybe make it to 100 in a single school without going insane, but the majority of the population can not maintain that level of focus.

Commercials on TV are 30 seconds for a reason. they found out that is about as long as the average persons attention span is, and unless there is something enticing and entertaining there is no reason to play. there are far more faster paced games out there that do not half half the problems. in the long run unlimited multiclass might just very well end up being the death of the game. afterall a lot of gamers choose a spec simply because its the best, and thats all there will be a bunch of copy cats running around.

No one has ever proposed getting rid of multiclassing, but all the supporters instantly jump down those who seek only somekind of hard cap on maximum classes usable at one time. Then if there isnt the dog pile then all of a sudden dragons are brought up. saying the only ones who whine are dragons. yes, i have a dragon, but i also have bipeds, and ever since my dragon became so boring to play i played bipeds, but you know thats when i noticed the most imbalance.

imbalance who cares. whats balance in a non-pvp game. that statement has been shouted so many times the dinosaurs heard it, and no im not talking about the dragons. you know though, balance is everything everywhere. even single player games on occassion fix balance issues, do they have too. no, but it makes the game more enjoyable for all, and that is the goal. for a game to be enjoyable to all, not just the hardcore powergamers, which probably make up the lowest gamer population, well outside of FPS.

Take a look at DAOC. with their TOA expansion they pretty much flat outsaid we are focusing on powergamers. now they realise that was a mistake, sure them powergames had 2/3 accounts, but now look populations are at an all time low, very few of their servers get over a 1000 anymore, and they have begun to merger servers, though they call them clustering, but its the same thing. they utterly killed the game for casual gamers who dont have the time to grind through a ton of level or spend 18 hours camping a spawn so that they could get that artifact, maybe they had a normal life with bills and could afford to shell out an extra monthly fee just so that they could have a buff bot, and be able to compete with all the other buff botted people out there. that is the kind of thing imbalances cause. people either getting flustraited and leaving or being forced to do things they do not really want to do only to end up leaving later and holding a grudge. just to clarrify the reason the populations are so low is because a lot of those power gamers canceled their accounts when mythic announced the rate hike. though damage was already done. new players really cant play there now because the lowest level is pretty much 20.

So, seriously when looking at the long term can you honestly tell yourself that a freeforall on classes in the way to go. as it is with the racial distinctions so crappy, the main reason people play different races is for RP purposes. im sure if there was a thread stating make races have unique and somewhat valuable difference, no one would complain, unless they got rid of sslisk regen or dwarven toughness. is that needed no, but guess what that is a balance issue too. with absolutely no restrition they might as well say you get 1 character per account because thats all youd need. anyway as i said im no longer worried about it. do i hope the game makes it and is worthcoming back too yes, but the difference is, im no longer holding my breath.

I wasnt going to post, but just wanted to clarify what was going on. it had nothing to do with the thread itself, i had actually cancelled my account befor posting that, but there was something said that did make me mad, a simple question basically lead to a personal attack, and yes that ticked me off, and is probably where the attitude came from.

I wish you all the best of luck on your chosen pathes. i hope that this excruciatingly long post shed some light on things. Au revoir. you know, depite the community being forced to constantly rant about the fact that nothing is going on, the game truely does have the best community. I still wish things work out in the long run. The one thing i loved most was the fact that a players actions could make a lasting impression on the game, infact Horizons was more then a game, horizons was a living world...

Quote Originally Posted by refuse
    But then again a large number of players here resist the idea strongly that they may have to lose something for a more balanced game... Almost like those who use hate speak... interesting...[
    Actually what you just did was hate speak.
    You just implied that anyone that doesn't agree with you doesn't want a balanced game, and also use "hate speak".

Interesting.

So we either agree with you and are good people.
    Or we don't agree with you, therefore don't want a balanced game, and therefore use hate speek.

...interesting...

A quick opinion on this.

If this was so, then every cleric would be just like every other cleric. Every mage, the same, warriors, healers, blood mages, spiritist would be the same as every other.

Restricting for uniqueness? Oxymoron?
    If you remove options, how can you create more uniqueness?

I think the point that you are trying to get across is that everyone wouldn't have the same abilities. But everyone in the same class would. So instead of everyone having ability X, only people in Class Y would have ability X.

My opinion (probably perceived as hatespeak) is that I dislike the "elf = ranger", "Dwarf = fighter", "human = generic" type of games. While I think there should be some variation in characters, we see what happens when there is a limited set of things to do in other games. You can heal, but not fight. You can cast spells but not wear armor, you can wear armor but no healing no magic. . .

My .02 of hate speak.

And yes, I would like to see each class get a set of "questable abilities" that are not transferable, that make the class unique and would promote single class value, as well as "inherent" character improvement quests that could be done once in the character's life, and allow them to specialize their character. Such as a 10th level quest that lets you add to any of the stats (spirit/power/str. . . )
    :o
    I said almost like those who use hatespeak. It would be up to you to take that and make something out of it really... And hatespeak is consistant use of derogitory labelling... So I dont see how I'm doing that.

And your whole reply about my post is based off whats written there, yet you didnt take the second pseudo-paragraph into consideration... So to show you what I mean, I will do the footwork for you and paste my idea here...
    P.S. the *** is a bug that was in the language filter at the time when I posted the idea... Pass would become p*** and class would be cl***...

Below is what I think should replace tiered abilities...

Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin
    Earlier I was looking at the inital area of this site and was looking at things for my ELAR... On the schools page there is talk about changes needed for combat and cl***es to make it more unique basically... So here is my ideas I have come up with when I read that...

Ideas for combat changes...
    Get rid of tier abilities, make all abilities in that cl*** unique. Make them have scalable values so the same ability will be more potent as you gail levels.

Have ability points. Thes points can be spent on an ability to modify its values. That way an attack that has X delay, Y damage, and Z effect can be made more unique as the character levels. Have side effects from spending into one area too much. If delay is reduced alot, the ability should do less damage or be innacurate, or both.

Have abilities that are only available to multicl***es... An example would be a level 50 fighter who also was a level 50 cleric would allow access to a special ability unique to someone who was level 50 in both cleric and warrior schools. Have special abilities unique to triple cl***es, quadra, and all the way up to 10 cl*** specials...

have techniques adventurers can add to their abilities to help byp*** or soften the side effects from ability point spending. This way someone can reduce the delay on a ability, and reduce the damage reduction side effect or reduce the innacuracy side effect, or both.

Have abilities that are specifically designed to work with other abilities from other players cl***es... Like a slash attack designed to be combined with a mages fire bolt that makes that attack do a special explosion effect instead of the normal attacks. These special combo attacks could also be included with some of the multi cl*** only abilities, thus making even more unique attack combinations possible (ie, fighter/cleric level 50 ability that has combo ability with either a single cl*** level 50 ability, like a mage, or with another mage/cleric level 50 ability, again cl*** combos can be figurative, literal, or up to you guys)...

Make a total level cap. As it is anyone can have 100+ levels in every cl***. This removes any form of uniqueness to the game. Make it so people can have 1000 levels divided amongst their cl***es, with each cl*** having the possability of XXX level (I dunno if you guys want to go to 200+, but even then this cap makes it so people should be able to have some diversity, but remain unique)... My ideal formula is 7 - 10 cl***es that can be maxed out is the best bet... So if you guys want level 255 to be an individual limit (for bipeds that is), then have a combined limit of 1785 - 2550 (7 to 10 cl***es with a individual cl*** limit of 255). This would allow people to be diverse enough to do multiple things, but restricted enough to where people will be unique.

Having the ability points will allow the "whack a mole" effect dissipate, as the way people design their abilities will change this outcome... Combined with a combo ability system, unique abilities, and multicl*** abilities more decisive roles will influence how a battle will end.

This system should be applicable to enemies? Maybe... But it would be rough to see a skele mage, cleric, and warrior do some crazy combo attack...

That is my take on adventuring... As far as crafting, there needs to be uniqueness as well... Crafters should get abilites as they level that allows them to tweak the abilities fo the things they make. Not abilities infered by techs, but basic abilities, like damage, delay and whatnot. Like adventuring cl***es, they could spend ability points into these abilities to lessen the side effect penalties from tweking these item values. An example would be a weaponsmith at X levels gets an ability: Modify damage. When this ability is active, they get an additional slider when they go to make a weapon. A damage adjustment slider... When they increase the amount of damage the weapon does, the delay for that weapon increases (because it would become bigger or if there was durability, the durability would be lower, making it more brittle) and the bulk as well. Modifying the damage would also infer a effectivness penalty, meaning the more you adjust the damage, the harder it is to make the weapon.

Again, ability points could be spent on the ability to help soften the side effect penalties.

And like adventuring cl***es, multi crafting cl***es should offer abilities not available for the solo crafter... These abilites could range from ways to gather more resources, or higher tier resources from a lower tier node (like drawing mithril from a copper and tin vein, in an extreme case) or more risk for reward abilities, like being able to have wild gathering (gives ALOT of different resources from that node all at once, adjustable of course like any ability should be with ability points)...

Obviously I believe the customisation adveritsed early on should be in the game... Have a sword be made of three parts...A blade, pommel and hilt... The three made seperatly and then combined to make the sword... have a varity of each to allow many different weapons to be made. this would be more formulas... There could be formula books, so as you gain more formulas than you have room for on you, you can go back and load a new set of formulas by swapping formula books... A slot on the characters can be made for these books... Scholars could make them, and have ways to increase the number of forms they can hold....

Same with techs... Then they would fit in another book slot... Again scholars could make ones that hold more...

As for dragons... Ahh dragons... They dont have cl***es. As a crafter this makes sense to a degree, as making dragon crafter cl***es is hard to define, mainly because there isnt much to offer in the ways of dragon crafting. Scales... Everything else is available to bipeds... The same holds true to dragon adventurers. They cant use bows per se, so they get a variety of spells and abilites to enhance their adventuring prowess...

Dragons should be able to go to the higest levels attable, meaning a dragon should have a level limit of 700 or 1000 (like bipeds total limit). But the thing is dragons have it along one of two lines... So a evened out dragon would be 350/350 or 500/500... Or they could spec down a line and be 700/0 or 1000/0.

Besides the abilites gained per level and ability points to put into them, there should be something for the dragon crafter beyond the level limits of bipeds.

Perhaps dragon crafters of higher levels can make very special items... Artifacts. Items that have an abnormal amount of flexability for it... Say a tier 5 biped sword can have 4 gems in it, and 5 technuiqes applied to it by a biped at its maximum level. Well a dragon should be able to make a sword for bipeds that has many more slots (like up to 10 or 15) in it for gems, and more applicable techniques (like up to 10 or 15)... Of course doing this should have drawbacks and limitations to keep from having a single super weapon everyone goes for... These drawbacks should include cl*** limitations (like clerics not using a bladed weapon), level limits, and cl*** combination requirements (like a sword definitly made for a warrior/cleric combo cl***)....

I have other suggestions for dragons... Seikojin's post here: http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PageIndex=5&PostID=23134#23134
    ~=Seikojin=~
    Horizons suggestions
    Dragon ideas
    Ill say it over and over until it is addressed...
    Take your suggestions here . Submit a help request and choose feedback from the list. They cannot ignore their inbox.

stamina /mana would solve these multiclass issues. They could make certain crossover abilities and spells cost more stamina/mana when your using them in a different class that wouldn't normally cost that much.

To counteractthe restrictions mana/stamina would put on all players and npcsthe level rating penalty could be reduced significantly since the abilities wouldn't be unlimited.
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/spacer.gif[/img]
    My decision to leave had nothing to do with what was said here. basically, i logged in the other day and after that i asked myself whats the point. so i logged out and canceled. simply got tired of broken promises. got tired of no communication whatsoever.
    The lack of communication argument isn't valid anymore. The devs give us a lot more info than devs in other games do nowadays. Just read The general forum. It may not come in the form of a state of the game from DB but it is just the same when they have a project update.
    Also consider the fact that the last state of the game had things that are still being worked on so you can assume the big project is still the same.

Below is what I think should replace tiered abilities...
    100% agree

Some amount of Nature and some amount of Blight makes you a shaman.
    Some amount of life and some amount of blight makes you a dark cleric.

Abilities become "enabled" with appropriate amount of skill (X blight and X Nature enables Ruin (shaman ability)).

Dragons would then do this with their breath/abilities.
    They gain fire/ice/blight/nature. Their breath weapon is modified by the skills.

X Fire = Fire breath
    Y Fire = AoE Fire Breath
    Z Fire and A Nature = Incindary breath (who knows sounds cool, perhaps stunning breath)
    B Nature = lighting breath
    B Nature and C Blight = Morbid Rot
    D Blight = Poison breath

Same for archers they become ElaR with the mastering of elements. Same for disciples, and KnoC.

Then have names for "big multiclass" people.
    Warrior + Nature = name
    Warrior + Nature + life = name
    Warrior + nature + life + blight = name.
    Warrior + blight = name
    Monk + blight = ninja!
    -Digit Dryad
    Chaos

Ok,

I found out who the person that told me the "rumor" was basing this rumor off of.
    An invitation only focus group.

Based on the name they told me who told them, or was "spreading/Sharing" this information you can imagine how shocked I was to see this.
    Borrowed from the developer preview thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniade
    So Both will be usable by both faction.
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]IRC wrote:
    [20:39] Manga-4tw: from my understanding of the dragons, while they love the faction differences they still want a choice in thier actions
    [20:42] Silowyi: also a lot of dragons don't really like the idea of being forced into a roll based on incomplete information presented as much as a year ago
    [20:42] Manga-4tw: ^^ what sil said
    The person who told me the initial rumor quoted Silowyi as the source for the changes to bipeds rumor.

So to Silowyi/the focus group.

This same attitude is in the bipeds. They don't want what they have (masterable abilities, levels, choices) taken away based on information they have used for a year. So changing what is masterable, and what classes a biped can/cannot have now is just as undesireable as dragons being forced into a roll based on information from a year ago.

++EDIT

If the person is misquoting Silowyi, then I am sorry for acting upon the person's information. But Silowyi's name was brought up as the one from the focus group that was suggesting biped restrictions were comming.
    -Digit Dryad
    Chaos

Thread Information