Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: If the King is naked, make him clothes or should you?

Default Re: If the King is naked, make him clothes or should you?

:o check your private messages Elytha... When you come into the forums its under your avatar/name near the top of the forums...

Things are being done... for the better. :P
    ~=Seikojin=~
    Horizons suggestions
    Dragon ideas
    Ill say it over and over until it is addressed...
    Take your suggestions here . Submit a help request and choose feedback from the list. They cannot ignore their inbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Elytha
    But coming here - Horizon's 'Official' Forum - & reading your own words about your own game has me shaking my head & wondering if I should just stop the download.
    I hope you all startenjoying your gameplay here, or you all move on already so you can do what you're supposed to do in a game you pay to play---
    Have Fun! [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img][img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img][img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]
    You are so correct...the only way your doing this wrong is if your not haveing fun! [:)]
    We all have opinions and the right to post them, but to take something called fantasy and be realistic or serious about it is silly IMO.[:P]
    Nice to see we have a new player that understand the 1st priority of gameing is haveing fun. Happy times to you Elytha! [:D]

Some comments Elytha.
    Your timing is good, as Tulga has just received additional venture capital funding. Additional staff have just been hired, and ads are being placed in magazines.

Reading the post by Manga, you see long-standing class issues being addressed. And a bit back there was a poll that was comprehensive andsent to all players and ex-players. So as Tulga takes over,we see a real improvement in responsiveness, including tech support.

Second, the comments here are made by players,not ex-players. Who care enough about the game to strongly want it to grow, to be attractive to new players. Who want the things that cause players to leave to be fixed, so we have the game's future assured.(Selfish little beggars that we are [:D])

Third, AE was notable for poor communications, inboth directions. When they did try to be responsive to the players, they often got it wrong. So the posters are used to that situation, and use high volume and repetition to try to be heard and understood.

Fourth, with funding and increased staff, things like greatly improved tutorials and learning environments are being developed. More assurance of a future.

Finally some comments. Join the marketplace, general, and if appropriate, dragon chat channels. Find a good guild (I am partial to the Order of the Phoenix on Order myself [;)]) and join it fairly quickly, as members can fill you in on details the tutorials missed. For the long term, I'd suggest doing adventuring, crafting, and construction, as the variety helps prevent burnout. Dragons were weaker, (perhaps to keep them from being too popular) but will be brought up to parity with the other classes within a month. Except for dragons, who have their own classes and methods of advancement, it does not much matter which race you choose. All classes are open to all races (except dragons) and the race characteristics don't matter much, except that dwarves and Ssliks have some nice melee advantages. Some of the quests are very easy and helpful for beginning players. If you cannot find armor, jewelry, weapons, or tools, you can use /who to find suppliers, and you can also use the community site's listing of stuff on sale at all consigners. New Brommel is the most popular training island. The tutorial section allows you to try a very brief sampling of all the basic schools; I did them all.

So, good hunting, have fun, and be sure to see the sights. There are some wonders.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Well I've just removed a batch of totally off-topic posts from here, unfortunately due to an issue with the forum software a legitimate post by Elytha was removed so I'll quote it here. Let's keep this on-topic, if I step into this topic for a third time to keep things on track then I might inadvertently start hitting the 'Moderate' button below a few people's names [:P]

Apologies to Elytha for the unwanted post removal.

Quote Originally Posted by Elytha
    [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-43.gif[/img] Hmmmm... how to respond to such an interesting thread? [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-42.gif[/img]

Well, let's see... I am one of the new people here.
    I'm totally new, just signed up for these boards & I'm downloading Horizons as I type this.

I'm not new to mmorpgs however, & I've seen this too many times before.
    What should be a promising -& lasting- success is constantly plagued by... all of the above!

You all seem to agree on one thing. The game obviously has serious gameplay flaws, lag issues, crashing, etc.
    You say the king knows he's naked, but doesn't really seem to care... or maybe does... or who really knows or cares...
    Andyou, the loyal paying customers, keep paying to support this,because...???

Come on somebody... Please help this Lady gamer out here.
    I've read all the Horizon bashing on all the other mmorpg forums.
    I hesitated to try this Title for some time because I'm a longtime, hardcore mmorp'er; & when you see that many negatives from that many players, all over the place, you tend to step back.
    But coming here - Horizon's 'Official' Forum - & reading your own words about your own game has me shaking my head & wondering if I should just stop the download.

The only reason Idecided to try Horizons is because of your crafting system.
    Your write-ups say it really is unique & 'fun'; & I'm looking for some fun, quality, crafting. [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]
    Can someone please tell me - & any other truly new visitor -
    Should I even bother with the free trial at all, or just keep passing through this place?

Thank You & either way:
    I hope you all startenjoying your gameplay here, or you all move on already so you can do what you're supposed to do in a game you pay to play---
    Have Fun! [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img][img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img][img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]

Elytha... Welcome!

Those of us that remain devoted to this game, do so for many reasons, but one reason is common to us all, namely Horizons unique potential to outshine all other games out there.

You have seen this before. Passionate players wanting the developers to realize that the players do understand what will keep players playing. The problems with this game are for the most part the same ones that plague any other title out there. All have either lag, painful limits, caps that are reached too soon, repetition that leads to bordom, or mechanics that "force" players into a mold that they do not want.

This game has actually done quite well with having players that have been here a year plus, still haveing unfinished goals. Constant improvements have been implemented along the way, and most have been positive. Even the potentially "nerfy" ones have, after the playerbase clearly voiced their reactions, got hotfixed back to a more resonable level.

I don't believe the reasonable player here expect TG to be perfect. We do expect them to make sure the game lasts for years to come. This thread was started with the idea that we as the loyal supporters, can assist by remaining positive and reasonable.

The king feels the draft, we see his boney knees, and soon his cloths will be ready and we can get back to worrying about what dire beasties are in the moat, and stop wondering why the kings fashion sense includes boxers with ghouly faces ...[:$]
    As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

I joined Horizons Jan 2004 and have been solid except for a five month business trip to the third world.

Has the game improved allot? Big time

Is the crafting system the best? I think so, depends on what you like, but here are the alternatives:
    1) EQ2 - port to zone, harvest a "few" resources, port to city, port to machines, make a few things, sit in house AFK with bulliten board to sell, etc. No cargo clothing, tools do nothing yet, no disc/mule to haul stuff, no multi-classing (diff toon for each item type and each has to upkeep hotel room and establish citizenship)

2) WoW - resource nodes are sparse, one node - one resource (maybe a couple at best), no cargo, no disc/mule, no housing (not yet anyway I believe but will be instanced apartments), no multi-classing (sure you can choose gather/process) so you need diff toon for each item type, resources are guarded and adv level caps your crafting ability so each alt for each type of item must be done, no road or boot speed techs - tons of running

3) Unlimited multi-classing, tasks for tokens to get formula (and xp), tons of products and techniques to offer boosts, buildable - customizable plots that work, consignment (one week - no AFK required), many players have built shops with all tools right next to crafting fields (tier 2 - 5) and are free to use, ets

EQ2 is just downright nasty... no idea why folks play it. WoW and Hz are both very fun. WoW has four major strengths:
    1) Immersion - NPC and spawns interract with environment
    2) Quests - not just xp/coin, but some stuff that is good to use - Hz has had this several times but phased it out (Dryad event, Dralk event, Blade of Rendoring Task, etc)
    3) Dungeons - Hz needs collision detection & usable loot tables... that is just the simple dagnabit truth of it all - so much would change if this came
    4) Factions - WoW end game is fast... big whoopty, level 60 in two weeks, but factions with PvP (consentual flags of course, not griefing) makes loot fun and desireable

Other than that Hz has the reigns and would be the almighty king if/when:
    1) Update engine (whatava piece/glue) for collision detection & performace - even sacrifice some texture detail - performance is key, and axe that up/down hill character jitter/jump
    2) Make NPC's and mobs do sumptin
    3) Make dungeons and rare, very rare, unique, exceptional, set item loot tables - heck even let crafters repair it to FULL, not decay (even special crystals in sets like Diablo rune word stuff would rock our worlds)
    4) Quests - roll them out in droves, not xp/coin runs - kilt me to try that new Klaus parrot quest to end up with coin/xp... was hoping for a parrot shoulder buddy or something nice - would have kept the parrot I did get instead of cashing it in, seriously

Now, from what I have read (devs) some of this is being worked on. I am happy about that. I also hope the lair work preempts dungeons. I am content enough to stay have canceled my WoW and EQ2 accounts.

Folks have left, but new folks are coming. I speak positively of Hz and don't consider this a tit for tat issue. Folks bash every game on forums. Any moron can tear things down, but exceptional people build and create (others sit in the middle and follow the stronger voice).
    Sajid,
    Lone Lizard of the Apocalypse

Champions of Honor

Elytha

The King may still be naked, people... but his court isdefinitelygivng himsewing lessons! [:P]

I decided to finish my download, register, take a break, then a deep breath...
    & I stepped into your realm- on my own, Thank You. [:D]

Now I understand your passion & commitment to this much mis-aligned Title.

From the outset, the graphics, animations, music, sounds,& player options are wellplanned & executed.
    The interface is very user friendly & intuitively designed; a very familiar look & feel for welongtimegamers, & it seemsvery easy to learn & use for newer online players.

I could've spent hours in the creation screen. (almost did,too! [8-|] )
    The richness of the char-creation graphics & choices was truly awesome.

The emotions you can achieve from the eye selection alone, had me sitting there, wanting to really know this gal... & play her with honor. It's a role-player's dream!
    I'm feeling very pleased w/my new self. [H]

Soooo.... I started my journey, & in my opinion, the graphics & movementsare easily equal to much higher rated titles.
    Actually, they're better, & there's no video card compatability issues.
    That's a huge marketing plus in this extremely competative marketplace.

We've got to do the much-needed fan damage-control that's ruining this opportunity for other quality gamers out there.
    Heh, would you listen to me??? I just got back from my very first newb tutorial, & I'm already asking how 'we the people' can undo the unfair damage that's been done to Horizon's rep. [:D][:^)][A]

Your tutorials are well thought-out & again, very easy to follow.
    The skill systemI've been starving for seems to be alive & well here.
    I had F-U-N just starting out. How many other games can I say that about?
    Hmm, let's see... Zero!

I hate the skill-lvling treadmill in other games, regardless of the genre.
    In my opinion, it sucks the life right out of a game.
    It's no fun finally being able to make your next great suit of armor, clothing, weapon, recipe, whatever --- when you've seriously contemplated blowing up your monitor in the process. [:'(] [;)]

The one sad thing about your realm is the noticable lack of other people. [|-)]
    I had fun taking my time & doing every tutorial; but the lack of any other soul was kind of eerie.
    I really hope 'we' - the Devs, PR, & Player/Supporters - can right the wrong that's been done to Horizons.
    You deserve a LOT better than what you've been receiving, hype-wise.

Sorry this is so long. I'm the type of person who actually does call/write CS to let them know what they're doing 'right'. [:P]
    I believe that if I have a right to complain when service/product/attitudes are lousy, thenI also have an obligation to make it very clear when their hard work has been worth the effort, as well.

The problem with Horizons no longer seems to be lack of care/commitment from behind the scenes, as many of you have rightly stated that it 'was'.
    I only noticed the game's positive, easy'flow'. [;)]
    A lot of titles never achieve this, no matter howhard they work at it.
    They just don't get it, ever.

And the problem definitely isn't with your great player community.
    You're an awesome group of loyal, devoted, smart people.
    I know you're a Game company's dream come true. [;)]

I won't even call it a 'problem'.
    Rather, the 'challenge' for all of us now is going to be getting back out there & gently leading our peers back around to your new & constantly improving Horizons.
    By all means, keep working on those zoning, lag, etc issues you all complain of.

If we can get people to come back around & those same old gameplayannoyances are still alive & well... well, you're up the creek of your own making, without any paddles.[;)]

I'm looking forward to meeting,& having even more F-U-N, with you Folks.
    You're all doinga great job. Keep it up & Thank You for such a warm & honest 'Welcome' to your realm.
    I love an open, honest exchange of opinions. It's very healthy to the lifespan of a great Game. And it only works when you keep it as full of respect as you've done here.
    You've agreed to disagree on some key issues; but you've all made very sure that each player's opinion counts. [I]

One more thing I'm going to do here before I head backto make myself a Dragon... because if ever a Community needed it, you Folks do:

((((((((((BIG~HUGS))))))))) for ALL [:P][;)][:D]

Cheers Good People!
    It looks like something very good has indeed appeared on the mmorpg 'Horizons'.

Well, don't let the newbie towns get you spooked. Folks don't hang out there for very long. Enjoy the adventure and holler at me on Order if you ever need spells.
    Sajid,
    Lone Lizard of the Apocalypse

Champions of Honor

Very good post Elytha!

You remind us of what it was like to start out in our world. Too many are focused in on what was trialsome over the last year, and forgot all about playing the game. There is a vast world out there that has challenges for us all. We just need to look again[;)]

Thanks for reminding this old dog, about the things we may have forgotten!

As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

Wailer

Hi Elytha,

While I am very glad that you enjoy Horizons in your first day ever in the game, I thought I'd finally activate my account and pass out a little "devil's advocate" for this thread.

First off, wow.. For someone who just today started their adventure you sure know alot about the game, it's rocky history and the community. Still, it's great that you obviously did your research. Shows that you know your way around MMOs I guess.

Now really the reason I felt compelled to post here was one phrase from your last editorial..

"I'm already asking how 'we the people' can undo the unfair damage that's been done to Horizon's rep."

Well Ely, although I am happy that you have enjoyed your bried experience in the game please remember that there are apparantly (paraphrase) "10s of thousands" of avid followers of the game" who have been struggling through the issues that have plauged this project since beta. Yes, I am one of those persons, yes, my personal views on the "questionable" financial mis-management of AE are not for discussion here as they wouldnt shed any nice light on Tulga(ae2).

However if people are still enjoying this game, that is fantastic. No one ever disputed that this game had more potential in the MMO world than any MMO title before it. But to say that the reputation that HZ has in the player communities today is unfairly earned I must ask you to re-think that.

I am glad that at least something is changing with Tulga. There is atleast a glimmer om communication, well lets be honest, the last 6 weeks have included more communication from AE to the player base than the 6 months prior. so yes, very nice. Smeg is talking about including uber rare adventure loots.. Wow, that is actually something DB said they would never do and it hurt them dearly. Definitely a step in the right direction.. Yes, this game is starting to move, albeit minutely, in the right direction.. However I am reminded of an old tale about the boy who cried wolf. So many times he cried out that the wolf was coming the wolf was attacking!!, all the villagers came to save him and the wolf was never there. Then one day, sure enough.. there was the nasty hungry wolf and the boy screamed for help.. But the villagers were tired of listening. Tired of the empty cries, tired of being told over and over again about the wolf that never showed up...

Horizons is running on a shakey foundation but it is indeed still running. Let's not pretend that everything is rosy and tell everyone how wonderful everything is when it clearly is not. Here is an intresting idea. Let's NOT be like the boy who cried wolf. Let's tell the truth. Let's point out the flaws and areas for improvement and assist the developers in bringing those changes into the projects build. Back at release it was the intense ferocity of the "yaysayers" that constantly glossed over the fatal flaws of the game and almost destroyed Horizons completely.

We all know there is a terrible problem with the spawn system.. Monsters lag into view and attack you before you can see them. Players need to run.. stop.. run.. stop.. in order to not inadvertantly run into a hoarde of mithril golems heh. Kinda funny in itself but not so funny ingame. There is still a nasty problem with database lag, the construction system for plots still crashes most players to desktop unless they know all the little "things not to do". Dragon Lairs were promised over a year ago.. Ancient RoP.. just STARTING to hit the test servers..

I will stop there because I am not here to rant on this game. I really want to see things turn around. But I think the way to bring about change is to be honest about the issues that exist in the game and help the developers see the errors and fix them.

I really am glad you are enjoying your first peek at Horizons =). Your experience in the game is all that matters. No matter what myself or anyone else thinks, it's your $15/month and if it entertains you as much as a couple pints of good beer then you've probably gotten your moneies worth ;)

Cheers and good adventuring.

Wailer

Wow Elytha, quite a reaction. Wonderful.

A quick word about the spawn system; various ways to handle it depending on what you're trying to do.

Passing through? Keep running. Unless someone else has stirred them up, you can get thru; the mobs may well not hit at all, see below, and in any event would have to be high enough to one-hit kill. So, in almost any reasonable case, running without stopping will do the trick.

Crafting? The guards spawn, and may appear around you. BUT they do not activate for 20 seconds, giving you time to run if you need to.

Hunting? Here the problem is usually inadequate spawn. Loitering triggers the spawn. (Current server hardware limitations require limited total mobs.) Some areas spawn well, some seem to be erratic. Lately it seems better, not sure why.If soloing, stay at the edge of the spawn area, and try to pull one at a time. (But you knew that.)

So it's great to read such enthusiasm. I think many players arewaiting for the current trend to go a bit further before we start proselytizing again, but it should not be too long.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Elytha

Cheers All [:D]

Thanks for all the great feedback & input here.
    Whether you agree of disagree, you keep proving how healthy your player base is by the quality of your responses.

Aamer~ Sometimes it just takes a newer set of eyes to notice a beautiful new sunrise on the ...errm,... 'Horizon'. [H]
    Who doesn't remember their first-ever steps into that one great Title that, for them, made all the difference in whether they became a hardcore mmorpg'er or not?
    It's that one moment when you enter what is totally unlike where you came from -
    the Immersion Effect.
    The sights, sounds, & ambience seem to sneak up on you... & move your being into the game's 'here & now'.
    Your outer reality dissolves; & evenwhen youdo beginlogging off fromyour new dimension, you're already looking forward to your next visit.

With all the hassles that have plagued this Title, it's easy to see how you loyal player/supporterslost some first-sightfrom your own new beginnings, here.
    I'd love to meet up with you, ingame, & get an 'oldtimer's perspective'. [:)]

Wailer~ Sweet words from another oldtimer, I see.
    Yes, I have just started adventuring here yesterday-Sunday.
    And yes, I took the time to do my homework on this Title.
    I play, test, subscribe to several titles, & have been doing so for years. I work in an international Indie arts medium; & we work hard & play hard. [;)]
    So Itry notto waste my freetime & subscription money on titles I'm not likely to want to support.

Thanks for your incredible honesty. And I agree completely with your spawn issues.
    That's part of what I'm referring to when I said that the team behind the product would be 'up the creek of their own making, without any paddles'.
    These are legit game performance issues. If you (the company)take care of everything else, but the underlying gameplay can only progress so far, then you (the company) have chosen to commit suicide.

You also say it's running on a shaky foundation, & rightly so for you.
    But for me, I'm feeling pretty lucky that I did choose to wait as long as I did, before deciding to come in & try Horizons.
    I only have the newer, improved version to base my opinions on.
    That works just fine, for me.[:P]

I've been through all this stuff in other titles, & I've learned to stop payment & move along... because my job in this 'game company/player relationship' is paying to have F-U-N.

It's up to the folks behind the scenes to deliver on the preformance end.
    Sounds cut & dry? Well, why not? You try a game out. You like it's features & hopefully find that 'something unique' that makes it worth your time & cash investment.
    I've subscribed to acouple titles for several years (still am), &I never bothered completing beta on others.I know what I like & that's what I pay-to-play for.

Right now, the folks behind Horizons are genuinely addressing a lot of longstanding issues that they inherited from others. Newer Team, fresh & positive attitudes.
    Just like you're finding with we newer adventurers, here. [;)]

Kulamata~ Your post was very helpful for all of us.
    You got right to the ongoingperformance issues,
    & offered quick & easy tips for getting around them.
    Thank you from my new self. [:D]

(((Hugs))) ~ Elytha

Elytha, if you are on Order send me a tell, I'll hook you up with some starting armor and weapons and can answer most questions you may have...also, if you are interested in text based RP in the HZ world, then I can steer you that way as well...
    Death is the ultimate dilemma and integral to the beliefs and behavior of every culture. Life is bore on the corpses of the dead. Without death, there would be no motivation to do anything. The only emotion would be existing. Life would be pestilent and agonizing.

Ssilmath Torshak
    Paladin of Kass, Master Armorsmith

:o
    Elytha, Thank you for replying and I am glad you are starting the game with a positive aire.

Constructive, positive, and well put feedback like this is needed to get the king to wear his clothes and remember to keep them on each day.

Over the last week I have seen alot of feedback from the developers on what's going on, and I have seen it motivate people to get back in the game.

And in the end I believe things will bear fruit and everyone will get what they desire from the game. It is just a matter of time and involvment.

Send feedback to the devs. They cant ignore 500 new inbox messages with suggestions or feedback. It HAS to be looked at.

The horizon both sees the sun rise and the sun set... Mayhaps we are turning to a new day that has a forcast of blue skies. :)
    ~=Seikojin=~
    Horizons suggestions
    Dragon ideas
    Ill say it over and over until it is addressed...
    Take your suggestions here . Submit a help request and choose feedback from the list. They cannot ignore their inbox.

Elytha

Greetings Friends[:D]

You continue to prove that the Horizon's core group is indeed, alive & well.
    I've been adventuring in online realms for some time; & this is by far one of the healthiest communities in the genre.

If any other new people are considering giving Horizons a try, I highly recommend it.
    Even if you don't find what you're looking for, in terms of gameplay - as you can see from the posts here, the Gamers' Community will nontheless make your journey worthwhile.
    You may end up moving on from here, but you'll gain priceless knowledge about the community side of online gaming. [;)]

Ssilmath~ Thanks much for your warm invite. If I don't already have my new self on your server, I'm going to remedy that & make another.
    Just getting to meet you will be 'reward' for me.[:)]
    I'm having a blast just walking around, watching sun & moonrises, & the occasional well-outfitted traveller. I'll/who next time I get a break (at work now).
    Hopefully, you'll be on at the same time. Thanks for your warm welcome.

Seikojin~ Cheers! [:P] Glad you got my PM.
    Thanks for taking the time to PM me on Sunday. Your positive feedback is one of the reasons I decided to go ahead &venture intoyour realm.
    And you're totally right about the Dev Feedback issues. (proof you're also an experienced online gamer)
    We could all spend our energies here, trying to get Devs, CS, Whoever, to hearlegitimate gameplay issues.
    But Nothing works better than bombarding... errr... sending LOTS of Feedback Tickets to them. [I]
    They're forced to sit back & really see what their loyal, paying fanbase has to say.

I really hope other player/supporters take your sage advice & startputting thierlegitfeedback into tickets forCS.
    That way, we can all start to really enjoy this newage in Horizons.

The king may still be naked; but folks like you are taking the time to teach him how to sew.
    The beauty of that approach is - after he learns how to sew for himself, he'll want to start wearing his new creations. That's a win/win for ALL of us!

Happy Gaming, Everyone! (((Hugs))) ~ Elytha [H]

AZVladimir

Quote Originally Posted by Wailer

We all know there is a terrible problem with the spawn system.. Monsters lag into view and attack you before you can see them. Players need to run.. stop.. run.. stop.. in order to not inadvertantly run into a hoarde of mithril golems heh. Kinda funny in itself but not so funny ingame. There is still a nasty problem with database lag, the construction system for plots still crashes most players to desktop unless they know all the little "things not to do".

Wailer
    Wailer -

For what it's worth I completely disagree with this statement. I have little problem with the spawn system, yes it is was nice before with pre-existing critters, but the current system works for me just fine. They 'pop', not 'lag into view' and I have plenty of time to re-adjust during combat. I also have not had a CTD during construction for about 3 months (when everyone had problems) and I do not doanything special. No one in my guild is suffering from this either after they fixed it post-merger.

People complain about lag, having to turn off their effects and certain towns are not usable. I do not see this at all, occasional spikes, yes, but consistent problems, no. Honestly the 'lag' issues are often not lag problems at all. In many cases it is a technical issue on the players side, either they are running a machine that is old, they have too little memory, their ISP has high latencyor their PC is glutted with programms running. Or the flipside, it is brand-spanking new with over-clocked processors and beta device drivers that are hot rodded to the point of conflict with HZ.

I have three middle-of-the-road machines, 1-3 years old and allhave different video cards and varying degrees of memory and devices. I have very limited problems with lag. In fact, I typically play on a 2 Monitor system that is several years old. I play HZ windowed while I am running browsers, a borland database, email, Wordor Excel and as many as3 additional applications and the frame rate seldom suffers (which also explains why many of posts contain AAAAAAAA or SSSSSSSSSSSSin them). :)

AZV

Thread Information