Thread: Ravine Lairs

Blue_Moonrider

Default Ravine Lairs

Well because lairs are coming up as the to-do list shortens a lot of people are talking about where they might be and how they might work. On chaos, over an auction chat Gnort(who gets partial credit for this idea because he brought it up at just the right time) mentioned that he really hoped they were on cliffs. Well they definatly need to be on cliffs but I didn't really see how AE was going to implement that without polluting the cliffsides with lairs. Then the idea hit me that an event could take place where the aDralk volcano eruptsand sinks a deep ravine where lairs can be placed all in the sides. The ravine would slope in so the underground area problem wouldn't come into play (think of a \_/ shape in the ground only very steep) and would provide a large area for dragon lairs that doesn't take up room all over the more surface cliffsides. Modifying the sky for a while to be full of ash would make this a good dragon event and roleplay item for the server and a river of lava at the bottom of the ravine would add to the ambiance that a dragon's lair should have.

Matthew The Mage

Default Re: Ravine Lairs

Excellent idea.

I agree that that would be a lot of fun ..I also hoped that we might be able to make our own Dragon Lairs in ANY cliff ..the idea, if I remember correctly, was AE we're developing a new system where you would choose where your Lair was .. might have it wrong ..but that'd be really neat, the LAIRSHAPING Skill being able to work with the game etc .. for instance we have our GH on the top of a Cliff ..would love to be able to make a Lair under it.
    Lio de Purr [Proud Saris] -------------------------------- 100 : HLR / SPRT -- 63 MAG
    100 : MIN/GTH - CRP/ENC/FIT/MSN/WVR - JWL - FLT/WPN/ARM - Tlr=80
    Huffenpuff [Adult Helian] ---------------------------------- 100 : DCra -- 76 Drag Adv.
    <The Alliance> Acul - Harro - Wolf's Paw - Drift Pt - Fabric Isle <CHAOS>

A very nice idea, perhaps a couple of these ravines here and there. Already there are possible lair spots around Chiconis and Dralk and other hilly areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Moonrider
    Well they definatly need to be on cliffs but I didn't really see how AE was going to implement that without polluting the cliffsides with lairs.
    :: laughs :: I was thinking the same thing about polluting withall the biped plots everywhere west of Harro. Hardly a flat area to be seen without them.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Tauriena

How about just digging a hole in the ground? Then again, if that were the case then the world would be littered with holes.Ok, really, slightly taking an idea from an anime I saw. Why not have an event where a big magical explosion or something occurs some where that kicks up a bunch of floating rocks? Then dragons could dig holes in those, would be cool if they could move around slightly. Not too much though or you?d end up with loads of dragons posting about lost plots. That would also help eliminate some of the need for holes in the ground. Maybe even stack the too ideas, the volcano erupts because of the explosion! Heck, you could even make this a multi purpose event with hordes of undead dropping from the sky as the rocks drift around. It would be a great way to introduce a flight spell for those high enough to cast it. Then you could even have some plots on top of larger floating rocks for a few industrious mages.

Thread Information