Thread: Trade run system just for Horizons...

Default Trade run system just for Horizons...

Many moons ago?

I came across an awesome real time trading / market system?

I suggested this adjusted system to suit Horizons many months ago in AE days but there we go again?

Basically Horizons has most of the code needed to do this system presently live on the servers

*Other than the placement of trade centres at the major towns & Npc traders with their tradable wares / trade disc?s

Horizon?s currently has?

The Cargo disc system which could be easily converted into a trading disc, wagon, pack mule or Cart?

Has the road network in place which has the road bonus system

Monsters on the roadways

Maps of the road systems in game

The basic Idea

Each major town has its own trade centre (graphical model current in game)

At these trade centres lives a Trade Npc which has a list of wares and list of different types of trade disc (best are more expensive) I.e.

Trade disc?s

Standard trade disc 3000 bulk hold 1 item?s ? 10 silver

Deluxe trade disc 6000 bulk holds 4 item?s ? 50 silver

Horse & wagon 15000 bulk holds 20 items ? 1 gold

Etc..

Augh trade centre

Barrel of Dwarf Beer - 100 bulk - 1 silver a barrel

Dwarven snuff ? 10 bulk ? 10 copper a box

Etc...

Feledan trade centre

Silver arrow ? 1 bulk ? 1 silver an arrow

Elf smoking weed ? 10 bulk ? 1 gold a bag

Etc?

The player can only purchase or sale these goods to & from a Trading disc of some type and a trader npc

Then once the disc is full of the product the player wishes to trade, they sets off on their journey across Istaria to another town?s trade centre

If the adventure dies on the route (rez don?t save his bacon here) they will lose their trade disc and all the goods in them (Money lost)

If the adventure makes it safely to another trade centre then that traders pays the going rate for the goods transported and sales their disc back or does another trade run (Adventure makes some cash)

The basic rule to use is this?

You are perma chained to the trade disc unless your delete it or sale it back to a trader npc

The longer you have to travel the more cash there will be at the end of your trade run, also the more risk of you losing your trade disc?

More dangerous the area you have to go through the better the result at the trade centre etc?

Extras to the system

Different graphics for the different trade haulage devices?Wagons?packs mules etc?

Enemies on the road?Like bandits after the goods or WA monster trying to stop ya?

City events like plagues or floods which will effect prices at the trade centre...Some goods will be wanted more than others in these times of trouble? Some random code system and price changes?

Cities show signs of wealth if traded to a lot?Aka trade centres become richer and start to look different

Reward system for best traders

Fun side of this system

Player gets to risk something to gain something? Adds an edge to the game that it presently doesn?t have?

Another way for players to make cash

Allows players to run events or trade groups to help cities out which are in trouble

Personal note

I Hope one day this could happen in Horizons.. would be alot of fun for all

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Default Re: Trade run system just for Horizons...

Oh, dear. I have a feeling the system you're talking about is similar to the trade runs from Earth and Beyond that were not on the jobs board. The Monty's traders were in nearly every neutral port, but they only required certain things. The most high-paid one was to take X from Fenris Prime all across the map to New Edinburgh. The run itself was an hour each way, but you got LOTS of coin for it.

I can remember doing news runs from Net-7 to Friendship 7 (1 jump) like crazy to get enough money to buy a weapon to pattern.

Or, with the jobs board, you took 2 jobs (wait5 minutes) and then take 2 more. You could only have a max of 5 jobs (regardless of whether or not you filled up your cargo hold) then went to Monty's and did step trades (Orsini has this to go to F7. News from F7 to Net7. News from Net7 to Ragnarok. Ragnarok's ale to Arx Ymir. Stuffs to go around the loop to Chernevog. Chernevog had trinkets of some sort to got to VT. VT had packages to go to Fenris Prime). Then, you drop off the jobs on the route (or not, depending on where they go, get yelled at for being too slow from a group of diplomats traveling as cargo, etc.) and pick up more jobs or spot trades depending on whether or not you had more job slots open or more room for Monty's things. Anyway, you never made a less-than-full jump unless you absolutely didn't have the money to fill your cargo hold.

After a while, you didn't even have to look at the list of what was being bought at which station. You had the pattern memorized.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Oh, dear. I have a feeling the system you're talking about is similar to the trade runs from Earth and Beyond

First trade run system Iused and enjoyedwas Medivia IV (a text mud) trade system...

That is what my suggestion was based on...

They had random catacyclisms like floods...volcano's...invasions...meteors etc...

These Cats reset the trade shop pricedatabase...

Givening the effect of not be able to prodict the trade shop values...

Basically you had to journey to the destination trade shop and speak the Npc and work out the current prices V's time it takes to get there...

Cat's gave the random factor to the prices and even caused a lose...

[:)]

Littlecritter

I was a beta A tester on Earth & Beyond and held an account till it sunset.....That game for its type was one of a kind andI still miss it today. As far as the jobs were concernerned Divine has a good point even in E&B money and XP could be made in more daring and less than rewarding ways at any time, but it always left open the opertunity to the grinders that are comfortable and like that way of lvl'ing a char. Most of which usually showed the rest of us daring players up in the overall picture. I do think on a smaller scale than E&B it would be a fun addition to Horizons for many. Also as crappy as losing a "scribe" here "print" there to the MACHINE there it sure did keep the markets lively and fun!! Everything is so absolute here if it drops makes crafting here sickly for me.....the repition of crafting needs a bit of uniqeness here i am sure it would go a long way.

UBER TT from E&B

Thread Information