Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: the new patcher

cpltom

Default the new patcher

Ok, I come get home today and find that I CAN NOT GET INTO THE GAME!!!!

who put this new patcher in and how do I get into the game now ??

Default Re: the new patcher

New ?Patcher? Installed and Activated

A new set of files were recently delivered to each subscriber. This is a new ?patching? or file update tool that automatically checks your game version and provides file updates in a much more efficient manner than our previous version.

This tool relies on more than one ?ActiveX? control to function properly. ActiveX controls will load and performs a system check before each launch of the game. This loading takes but a second and does a thorough review of your system. It also checks your system?s security setting to allow content to be delivered from Tulga Games to you.

In the event that that ActiveX control does not load properly there are several prompts that help you troubleshoot the issue. Most of these issues will never be encountered if all other instances of your preferred web browser are CLOSED before your start the process.

This new patcher is a performance improvement that solves many of the challenges subscribers had when using the previous version.

The patcher uses a modified Horizons logotype as a graphic interface and provides data feedback to you as the ?patching? process moves forward.

Improved Account Creation Process

In an effort to move away from subscribers receiving and entering a cumbersome CD code during account creation, we are switching to a 5 digit alphanumeric code.

New subscribers will receive this code from their Horizons Reseller, or default code is presented when a subscribers reaches the game download page.

This code needs to be entered during the account creation process. New subscribers will also have the chance to credit their subscription to the appropriate Horizons Reseller. If an individual needs a promotion code a drop down list is provided with the nicknames of our various resellers, Tulga Games, istaria.com or ?I don?t know? options. The Promotion Code defaults to Tulga Games.

For the time being, new subscribers may use either a Promotion Code or a CD key to create a new account.

This improvement does affect current subscribers.

go to windows update and download the.net 1.1 upgrade if you haven't already.

Reboot your computer.

Make sure https://horizons.istaria.com is in your trusted list.

However it seems to be busted. Cause I get active x error at the bottom of the page refering to line 202 or something. Also says publickey token failed or something as well LOL. Its probably a setting or something even though I am pretty sure I am ok with active X permissions. Considering it gives me an errors on the page message I don't think its me.

So its broken I guess

Forget what I said... I figured out how to do the add to trusted thing. But I get a window that pops up and it says

1. You trust digitally signed content from Tulga Games.
    2. You are an administrator on your computer.
    3. You have the Dotnet Framework 1.1 installed.

How do I figure out if I have Dotnet Framework 1.1 installed and where do I go about getting it.

wont let me log in either so it doesnt help perofrmance if we cant log in now does it?
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketsup
    Ssafire-lvl 100 Cleric, 100 Bloodmage, 100 Mage, 100 Druid, 90 Monk, Saris
    Safiretalon-lvl 66 dragon adventurer, lvl 32 dragon crafter, lvl 14 dragon lairshaper.
    Guild: Dark Defenders
    Horizons player since: December 21st 2003

Quote Originally Posted by Chioxin

How do you put the web address into the "trusted" list. I dont' know how to do this =/ I won't even pretend to understandt he rest of the stuff =(
    if you have been logging into the game before hand it should be there already. You can check by clicking on the tools option-->internet options-->security tab and click on the trusted site icon below. Then click on the sites button.

however regardless I am still getting an active x error on my page and it won't launch regardless. I am certainly not getting any prompts to help troubleshoot the issue.

oh well.

Zvah

Cant get in either and i have a shiney new dragon to play! Hrmpf, hopefully itll get fixed soon. -Off to play Crimsonland-

if it says you need to make sure than you most lilely dont have .net 1.1 installed since its optional.

Go to windows update and check the optional updates. If your system doesn't have it installed it will be listed there.

However I got the same message as you and after I installed .net 1.1 I got those active x errors again.

cpltom

I dont even know where my " trusted " list is ,,,, how can I put something in there if I cant find it ?

P.S. ok, while I was typing this that question was answered so disregard , and I'll try the net 1.1 thing also

to those that are having trouble updating are you logged in on your pc as Adminastrer to it? I had same problem Till I logged on as admin to pc

just finish patching....wonder what this is

- Multithreaded Version -

Use the multithreaded version of the patcher. This can cause significant performance gains, but can cause lock-ups on older systems. Uncheck this option if you have problems with the patcher slowing down your system too much, or if the patcher locks up.

is that like for those that have a pc that uses hyperthreading on there vidoe card?

I just got a pop up asking me if I wanted to unblock the program. I said Yes and it proceeded, asking me to close all net windows. I did. Then I logged in again and got right in.

I note there is a box at login to check/uncheck for Multithreaded; just under the Full Scan or Regular Login. Can folks uncheck Multithreaded if the new patcher does not work for them?

-Levity

how do i log in as administrator blue?
    Brain: It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob.
    Pinky: You have no idea.

Multithreading is NOT Hyperthreading. Those are totally different things.

You don't have to use Multithreading if you don't want to. What it will do if you use multithreading is scan files and download at the same time.

- Amon
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

tried unchecking multithread same thing is happening:

asking me if tulga is a trusted site
    asking me if i am administrator
    asking me if dotnet is installed - it is

cpltom

ok, as far as I know I have done everything but being an administrator , where and how do I do this. I am the only person who is on my computer and just turn it on and NEVER sighn in at all .

ok i checked user accounts and im an administrator
    i have horizons page as trusted site

and i have dotnet installed now what?

Zvah

I am the admin, the site is trusted, donet jsut got fresh install. Still getting an "error on page" when the play horizons button is pressed.

same
    redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes!

Same for me too. got everything and get the error on page as well! The thing is that I become very very agressive when I cant play.... I hope I can old on for a bit longuer whitout killing anyone! [A]
    Aucus
    Aucus: adult lunus now over 4 years old! 100/100/92 AROP completed
    Nightmare: proud ancient lunus, 94/100/40.

Kord Redmane

first time post, and if u want me to quit , this is the way to do it. im admin, dotnet instal, horizons.istaria.com trusted , what else you want. I am as patient as they come. But this is stupid, I was having great time yesterday. and now this. Still get alert saying are u admin, dot net installed, trust tulga , If i have to add another site to trusted or if i can jsut accept all sites. plz let me know how

Thread Information