Thread: What is with the Grouks?!?

Tarod_Chaos

Default What is with the Grouks?!?

In Sslanis there are different areas for all the grouks.
    In a valley - grulets, up the hill grouks, further up angry and further up ferecious, WELL now some dev has a (amusing to them I guess) idea of having the angry's mixed up with the grouks. So there as there are alot of people there right now, several low level characters are being aggroed by 1-3 of the angry's at a time. Lets put them back in thier area shall we?
    Maybe take away all the DP's on people who are getting attacked by them as well. The guards aren't even reacting. I had one angry chase me all the way into town.
    If you don't want lower level people in the game this is sure a good way to push people to want to be high level.

[*-)][8-)]

Tarod_Chaos

Default Re: What is with the Grouks?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua
    If ya can't handle a little mob mixing.....you might as well quit now cause the satyr islands will eat you alive...
    Well you, see, I am not into pling, dear, so I really do not plan on spending time on the Islands until I am a level where I can handle those. Been there, done that. Got bored.
    Maybe to someone like you it's no big deal. If you ever actually hunted as a lower level somewhere other then being an xp syphon on the precious pl islands, you'd realize it's not fun for people who are level 4-8 to be getting attacked by angry grouks. Maybe you don't care if new players get discouraged and quit or just wind up another brainless pl'd uber rated character but I actually care about how people concieve this game.

I'd actually suggest sticking to the beginner islands till level 10....good progression of mobs out there up to 10ish.
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

I believe what you're seeing is the several angry grouk that are spawned as part of that new parrot quest. The spot is near a tree really close to town, in with the grulets and regular grouk. The questors really should take care of the critters they spawn, but for the time being I suggest finding a different area to hunt in until the novely of the new quest fades.
    Tympest Stormchaser
    100/100 Ancient Lunus Dragon - Retired
    Erus Ex Istaria - Order

Between the choices offered by the Trophy Hunters and Marshalls/ITOs, you should be able to scout the monsters to face.

I'd suggest theSandstone golems and Garnet Golems and Brown Spiders (hatchlings first). A bit of variety, look around. Choose and delete tasks as they offer directions also.

Wait until later before harvesting animal skins from grouks, if that is your main intent for hunting them.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Tarod_Chaos

Quote Originally Posted by cauri_order
    I'd actually suggest sticking to the beginner islands till level 10....good progression of mobs out there up to 10ish.
    I have actually been playing this game for over 2 months and had mid level characters I deleted. I am fully aware of where and how to hunt things in my level. My point is, to a NEW player, that isn't exactly a fun thing to run into. People are already quitting due to the greed and inconsideration of other players. Putting them in situations like that while they are still learning their way around isn't exactly the best way to make people want to play this. Though I suppose it doesn't really matter as they'll be snatched up and pl'd to 80 in a week anyhow. So who cares. Why do I even bother to care about this game or its players.
    So whatever. Do whatever. I am getting to the point of not really giving a crap anymore.

Hmmm...you know Tarod, I have two lower level characters that I play, and neither is dependant on gruoks...it isn't hard at all to avoid the place that's hard and go somewhere else...You see that there are mobs that are too difficult for you, you find other mobs to hunt...it's a very simple concept...Seems you weren't around premerge when Spider Huntresses (Level 20) would mix in with the level 10 mobs...Guess what...I ran away, watched, waited for them to leave, or went elsewhere...
    Death is the ultimate dilemma and integral to the beliefs and behavior of every culture. Life is bore on the corpses of the dead. Without death, there would be no motivation to do anything. The only emotion would be existing. Life would be pestilent and agonizing.

Ssilmath Torshak
    Paladin of Kass, Master Armorsmith

Hey! She is concerned with the effect on low level players, and considering the recent abysmal conversion rate, she is right to do so. It is a reasonable concern, particularly given the low level quests that involve the gruoks.

I don't think this thread should have taken a personal turn either. And suggestions from all levels need to be considered, perhaps especially lower level players, who see things withdifferent eyes than some of uswho were in beta. Rudeness in response to suggestions is a good way to turn the faucet off, and we don't need or want that now.

Hz is the game with the civil community. Yes?
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Tarod_Chaos

Quote Originally Posted by Kulamata
    Hey! She is concerned with the effect on low level players, and considering the recent abysmal conversion rate, she is right to do so. It is a reasonable concern, particularly given the low level quests that involve the gruoks.

I don't think this thread should have taken a personal turn either. And suggestions from all levels need to be considered, perhaps especially lower level players, who see things withdifferent eyes than some of uswho were in beta. Rudeness in response to suggestions is a good way to turn the faucet off, and we don't need or want that now.

Hz is the game with the civil community. Yes?
    "She" is a he. And I am done caring. I'm going back to single player games where I don't have to talk to people. I know now why I never tried MMO's. The people. They aren't nice in real life, why should I expect different in a game.

<Wonders where people were not being nice> All I saw was advice on how you can do your hunting without messing with the Gruoks...
    Death is the ultimate dilemma and integral to the beliefs and behavior of every culture. Life is bore on the corpses of the dead. Without death, there would be no motivation to do anything. The only emotion would be existing. Life would be pestilent and agonizing.

Ssilmath Torshak
    Paladin of Kass, Master Armorsmith

ummmm, Please direct me to where your post indicates that you have been through the new player experience before? Since I can't fix the spawns myself, I figured I'd direct you to another hunting location. *shrug*

A poster above offered a plausible explination of why this is happening.
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

You all make good points!! Tarod?... why do you want to leave when good suggestions are made? We all understand your frustration. You are right the spawn is a problem, but where ever you go it is the same thing...
    All areas have spawns of different levels, from Sandstone golems to the Travertine. It is something we have all learned to fight thru, newbies do to[;)].

You learn your limitations as you learn to fight solo or in a group. Do I run?... Do I go hunt for ambrosia? A question as old as the game itself [:S]

Sooo Kuma is right... it isa good learning curve for future fields of battle, Whether it is Grouk in Sslanis, Arbotus in Feladan or the Withered Aegis hoards on the Satyr Isles, survival is the leason/goal.

Please just remember [:D]we all see things differently, like others opinions or not.[:O]

As a Cleric of Harden I am duty bound to teach you his ways.
    or kill you trying!

Tarod if i may suggest download the Peka map pack. when up loaded it will show almsot all the mobs in game and there lvl, you can use this map to help find spawns of your lvl to hunt if gruoks are to hard for you.. or why not join a huntinggroup after all that's what a MMORGP is all about, grouping with your friends .

:o

I honestly think mingled mobs in a spawn is a double edged sword... On one hand, you have the closer to roaming mobs, mingling about and going around like hunting players... I think thats a good thing...

But also you have this contained in small areas so that in order to hunt something you can kill, you HAVE to be threatened by things you cant fight....

Maybe if the game was balanced to where with normal unteched gear and only abilities you could fight something of your rating, then it wouldnt be soo bad...

Tarod...I agree it is lame somewhat, and its too bad no one else was there to get the angries... But like it was said earlier... they are from the quest Klaus got put in... So ask aamer to come kill em :P
    ~=Seikojin=~
    Horizons suggestions
    Dragon ideas
    Ill say it over and over until it is addressed...
    Take your suggestions here . Submit a help request and choose feedback from the list. They cannot ignore their inbox.

i just started a new char, and leveld up at the gruoks from lvl 10-16
    i have unteched gear and spells and have no problems with killing at my rating, i even can take out 2 levels above the rating sometimes

Tarod,

You'll forgive me if anything I am about to say offends your 'viewpoint' of HZ. So here goes. People that are 'quitting' due to greed really need to step back and examine why they 'really' are quitting, quitting because someone else is greedy or inconsiderate is an excuse to leave, not a reason. Most people when they leave tutorial island have no clue about Sslanis, Kion, etc... they see 4 towns on the portal... New Brommel, New Vass, New Tris and New Korelia. IF they have found their way to Sslanis then IMO they have enough knowledge to pick and chose their fights carefully, not cluelessly. I take great offense to your insinuation that ppl over 80 are powerleveled, thats just plain and simple bull. As you will note from my sig that I'm over 80 and I would challenge you to find ANY of my levels that were gained from PLing. There in fact are many that detest PLing, and if your still around and truly are attentive you see me rail very vocally against PLing. Playing the martyr with comments like 'So whatever. Do whatever. I am getting to the point of not really giving a crap anymore.' only serve to detract from any potential point you may have had and give people the impression that you just like to moan and cry about situations.

In closing I'd offer up this suggestion, pick and chose your fights carefully, think then react.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Don't waste your time. With Tarod, it's always been "My way or the Highway". With the Society of Misfits, he found out being like that meant his way was the "Highway". that is why he takes every chance he can to attack our guild. He just likes to stir things up. Things have been much quieter and there has been a lot less drama since he left.
    Laneth Drethor
    Semper Fidelis (Chaos)
    100 Paladin
    100 Mason/100 Blacksmith (and various others)
    "Eleena the Fiesty's Pali Pet"

Second time he's "left" in a week too.

Hope you have plenty of mirrors in your house Tarod, 'cos you obviously appreciate the attention.

<--- one of the nasty people you meet online. [6]

The insults are getting out of hand. Thread locked.

Thread Information