Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Board notes

Default Board notes

These boards are different than what many are use to using. As such I have compiled a short list of the idiosyncocies these boards have.

1. For right now there is no notice that you have received a PM, You must check your PMs manually to see if you have received a PM

2. Quoted text appears as white on white, this will be changed with the new themes but for now you need to change the color of the quoted text manually by selecting the color from the drop down list.

3. When replying to a post after sending your reply it will take you back to the first post of the thread. Yes its annoying and we will work to change it.

4. Some icons/Smilies dont work properly, if you find one that doesnt work right please post it in these thread

5. We will be offering different styles that can be selected from the Users control panel. The issue with this is if you have one theme selected and the post looks good to you. It may not look good to someone else with a differt theme. So be aware of that

6. When editing a post you must enter edit notes in the box below the post. If you dont it will reject your edits.

http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=644 has details on how to edit a post.

7. There are threads in suggestions if you wish to offer suggestions on the board layout or themes. it is easier for the webmaster to see all the suggestions in a few threads than being scattered out.

Default Re: Board notes

ALRIGHT !

oops sorry for shouting ... Im just so excited !
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Garden Gnome - Order
    Impure Mage lvl 52 / Enchanter 45 / Spellcrafter 42 / Mason 23
    ( Last of the Forgotten )
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    (99.6% html free signature)
    Nicolas de Chamfort : "Swallow a toad in the morning and you will encounter nothing more disgusting the rest of the day."

Sounds good.

One smiley issue i noticed: When selecting the smiley on the top row, 4th over - instead of what is pictured I get this [:P], which isn't even one of the options listed.
    Korsh HammerFell
    lvl 100 Chaos Warrior / 57 Cleric / 36 Mage
    lvl 18 Mason / 19 Blacksmith
    Order of the Phoenix
    Crucita in the Realm of Order

Thanks for the info.
    Aegis BlightMaker, Gnome of the First Order

visiting times vari

Nice, thank you Dangit...

would it be too much to ask for a "at work" style that looks like an exel spread sheet or a word document? You know, Void of pretty little blinking smiley faces and some gnome casting a spell on a big dragon.

If you had one of those, I would never be logged off of this site[:)]

Humble Helian 100/100 [link=http://www.11h.org/phpbb/portal.php]Eleventh Legion[/link]

good work :-)

btw how can i increase the threat numbers per page? i hate to swich pages to see all new / interesting posts

i checked control panel but there is nothing :(

Shonie

5. We will be offering different styles that can be selected from the Users control panel. The issue with this is if you have one theme selected and the post looks good to you. It may not look good to someone else with a differt theme. So be aware of that

Perhaps rather than setting yourselves up for the type of problems I forsee with this, you might just offer one easily readable style? Two at tops that will complement each other?

Yes, able to see more topics on a page would be awesome, much better than going to page 2 then page 3.

And, from your General Forum Rules . . .

Use search before posting. Search is your friend. Your question may have been answered. Duplicate posts will be locked. >>
    Perhaps a way to remind us of that . . . stickied here in General.

And a post of links to the subforums . . . hate seeing suggestions in General, or dragon posts here, or biped crafting posts here.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

um, I guess this is where I can ask this...

How do I tell if a post is new or if I've read it. I see the "legend" in the corner, but its not telling me everything. I'm seeing posts I've not read, that are new since the last time I came here - but are in "grey paper" format, that don't indicate if they are new or not (the regular post graphic icon, but there is no indication of a difference between regular read and regular not read). I've not read them, and they are in fact by date new - but the graphic doesn't indicate in any way that its a new post since my last visit.

Is there a consistent way to tell what is "new" in a forum vs. what I've "read" besides looking at the date and figuring it out in my head.

If not, can you guys work to fix this? It would just be really helpful and time saving, rather than me flipping back through the pages and trying to figure out when exactly I was last here. I'm sure I'm not the only one :).

Quote Originally Posted by Dangit NotAChance
    2. Quoted text appears as white on white, this will be changed with the new themes but for now you need to change the color of the quoted text manually by selecting the color from the drop down list.

Yea, new themes [:D] Thanks

Can we get less options in the enter your text box? Do we really need the option to make a table? it just takes more time to bring up the page

Dugon

I'm having trouble with the way messages are flagged (read/unread). For example most of the time I select a whole forum to be "read" it reloads the forum and still has all the unread messages flagged unread. Also, one level up from that the "flame" icon still appears telling me that there are unread messages even though I have select to set that forum as read (no I didn't press the "back" button on my browser, I'm not that stupid [:P]).

Also when I know there is unread messages in a forum, I navigate to that forum and messages that I would expect to be marked unread are marked read?

Also, I'm not sure where it is because of load on the server or the fact that this forum seems to be very graphic intensive but over the past couple days I have noticed things seem to take forever to load (my link isn't the problem, i'm at work [;)], plenty of bandwidth). Is it possible to make a forums which doesn't have sooooo many graphics to load.

Also I don't know if it an option also but I'm not a big fan of the post message application MS Word looking thing. Not sure it can be changed or not.

Anyway just some observations I have noticed [:D]

Default Problem with link in signature

delete false post
    -- || knoccest of the tailors. period.

Unai

Default Re: Board notes -- by Liyhskn

Clicking emoticons doesn't do anything in Opera 7.54 browser under linux (it doesn't add any text into the text field). They work correctly in Mozilla browser under linux.

Liyhskn (ICE shard)

Default Re: Problem with link in signature

yes.. thanks for the information

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson
    good work :-)

btw how can i increase the threat numbers per page? i hate to swich pages to see all new / interesting posts

i checked control panel but there is nothing [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-6.gif[/img]

Start trolling? hehe j/k j/k *ducks for cover*
    I am Dryad, here me squeak... I am KNoC, see me slay.
    Syllis SunFlower.

Quote Originally Posted by Syllis SunFlower
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Vlisson wrote: good work :-)

i checked control panel but there is nothing [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-6.gif[/img]

Start trolling? hehe j/k j/k *ducks for cover*
    hmm i missed your intention! i think its a joke against me ^^

so please help me :-) whats the english word for my problem to use at the search button?

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson
    hmm i missed your intention! i think its a joke against me ^^

so please help me :-) whats the english word for my problem to use at the search button?
    You mean threads, Vlisson, with a D. A threat, with a T, is a statement of intent to do harm. Syllis was making a joke about your spelling or English.

How we can get more threads per page, I do not know.
    Ikfel the Crafty Dwarf
    Level 100 Blacksmith, Mason, Miner, Scholar, and Outfitter

there are 40 threads per page showing and 30 posts per page. will see how that goes for now

Thanks for the Heads-up Dangit[;)]

Thread Information