Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Patcher Part Deux

Default Re: The Patcher Part Deux

Quote Originally Posted by Death-Knell
    Your developer needs to play EQ2. Notice the launcher, notice how smooth and pretty it is. NOTICE IT WORKS!!!

Notice you don't have to jack with your security settings. Notice it doesn'trequire a web page!
    Lucky poster #1000000

It's been like this from early beta. Why listen to the players when they'll do their own way anyway?

@Peaches. You aren't running any spyware killers like Sypybot or HijackThis? Do you have Local Group Policies set to allow running scripts? You running W2K or WinXP as admin?

Time to start venting and bashing.

Thanks for the update, Amadan. I'll hope that there is a resolution before I get home from work. [;)]

Perhaps the new patcher could be set up as an alternate login site and given a period of "open beta" by the community?
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Hey all,

Make sure you are clicking on the yellow message below your address bar and not the one in the middle of the screen to install the OCX.

I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class, especially since I rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter1968
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Death-Knell wrote: Your developer needs to play EQ2. Notice the launcher, notice how smooth and pretty it is. NOTICE IT WORKS!!!

Notice you don't have to jack with your security settings. Notice it doesn'trequire a web page!

Lucky poster #1000000

It's been like this from early beta. Why listen to the players when they'll do their own way anyway?

@Peaches. You aren't running any spyware killers like Sypybot or HijackThis? Do you have Local Group Policies set to allow running scripts? You running W2K or WinXP as admin?

Time to start venting and bashing.

No, never a time to bash, time to ask for help instead, and I am all set now. I got told what to click to get the download for what was missing in their line, so now can get ingame.

HAHA, that is exactly WHAT I didn't do!

Whew, when am I ever going to understand computers!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!

Staff :: Developer

We're not sure yet why some machines are logging in fine and why others are not. :( We are still working on it and I have a machine that has the problem also, which is very helpful. (Weird thing is it works fine for one login I have, and I can't get into the game on a different windows login...)

In the meantime if you just want to get into the game you can try running the caspol.bat file in the Horizons\Launcher folder. I can't guarentee that will work, but might be worth a try.

BTW,getting thefeatures in this new patcheris the first step towards making a launcher that does not require an IE browser page.
    ~Illyist
    ~Aru

i'd love to know where you see that.. i downloaded the OCX when you uploaded the the patcher.. it installed. because it asked me to close all Internet Explorer windows to take effect. now all i get is:

The Patches process has failed, please ensure that:

(1) You trust digitally signed content from Tulga Games.
    (2) You are an administrator of your computer
    (3) You have the .NET framework 1.1 installed.

#1.. i already have the site allowed on IE
    #2 i have no choice but to be my admini only person that uses the computer
    #3 had .NET frame installed when i came out March 20th of 2004..

I am now completely stuck

For comp specs. running SP1.- .NET 1.1 (which was required almost 5 months ago for the same reason.. )
    Intel 2.4 ghz 1ghz ram Windows XP Pro

BTW,getting thefeatures in this new patcheris the first step towards making a launcher that does not require an IE browser page.

~Illyist

WAY TO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Larus,

Please check for updates with .net if only to appease me so I know you have 1.1 installed.

I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class, especially since I rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadan-TG
    Larus,

Please check for updates with .net if only to appease me so I know you have 1.1 installed.
    Microsoft have recently realeased a 15Mb security update for .Net 1.1. Recently as in the last couple of days, I think.

Reinstalled .NET 1.1
    now when i click on Play games. it clicks and does nothing.. (ie: the button smooshes down then nothing happens) shows on the bottom left corner that there is an error..[:'(]

Larus-Fel, double-click on that error icon and it should provide you with a more detailed error message.

- Amon
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

How bout you roll back to the original patcher again? This one isn't working....
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

Yes, it is working, they are helping out those that are having a hard time, just hang in there and be patient.

I have had 1.1 for ages, it was in the OLD service pack. Everyone has service pack two nowadays. My computer won't even accept that old .net file because it says I have a newer one and I am not going to mess up my entire system for this.
    [:'(]

Cixi

Order

Cixi
    Gnome Extraordinaire
    FREE RACHIVAL NOW!!!
    Join the GLF! *Gnome Liberation Front

Thought I should post this:

The new patcher works just fine for me.

Plus it looks awesome! Thanks TulgAE. Just get everyone else straightened out and you'll have a better product.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

did so. all i get from the error message is this

Line: 213
    Char: 5
    Error: Request for the permission of type
    System, Security, Permissions, RegistryPermission, mscorlib
    Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 failed
    Code: 0
    URL: (login site.. it shows my password so i wont post it)

But yea.. thats all i get..

Larus-Fel,

Thanks for that info! Here's what you should do:

1. Find and run a file named caspol.bat
    2. If you are running Win 9x or ME or NTreboot your computer
    If you are running Win 2K or XP close all browser windows and then retry

Please let us know if you continue encountering errors.

- Amon
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Glurg

I am having the same problem as Larus-Fel

I downloaded .NET as shown on the login page help screen and now get an "Error on page" when I try to Login. At least I dont get the 1..2..3.. message that I got the other day. Maybe we are moving closer to actually fixing the problem?
    Or maybe they should just remember the old saying... "If its not broken why try to fix it?"

Ihave sent in the details of the error on a support ticket, hope it helps them to fix their newest blunder.

Anasfalis

Yes I have that error alert triangle and it says that a registry permission has failed. I have all the permissions set and the access allows and bells and whistles prompted and enabled and I get the click play and nothing happens also.

My net framework is properly installed and working correctly.

Considering I have just returned after becoming so frustraited with the merger fiasco I had to cancel. This is a last chance kind of thing. I mean I understand the legistics of running a site like this and all and I am a patient person... lets start talking reimbursment for down time though. This isn't a public service operation, I PAY for this aggrivation.

Thread Information