Thread: Horizons?

Salos

Default Horizons?

Hi.. ive been following Horizons ever since they PROMISED faction wars between players. Ive left after my friends and entire guild complained about how boring it eventually became on the grind. so im wondering... Have they implemented any of the PvP that they PROMISED they would in a seperate patch/ expansion. I remeber talking about guild wars. and politics, city vs. city wars, nation expansionism... just an amazing game all around. But when they released the game there were so many classes that wur uber like the Dwarf - reaver, that apparently the game wasnt worth playing. So.... how is the game now? Have they added all they said they would?

Default Re: Horizons?

There is no PvP of any form in the game, and I doubt seriously there ever will be (to the joyful thanks of many current players). Perhaps a PvP expansion--or standalone game--will be offered in the future, but as it stands I can't see PvP ever being implemented in the main game.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

PvP was never promised in any way, shape or form. One comment was made in a dev chat that PvP might, repeat, *might* be implemented in the future as part of an expansion.

Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Salos

yes it was way bak in the day when there was supposed to be the angels vs. the vampires and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Salos
    yes it was way bak in the day when there was supposed to be the angels vs. the vampires and so on.
    Ah, that far back. Pre-blackout, when David Allen was in charge. Things have changed since, and PvP was cut out of the game, along with races that were exclusively intended for PvP environment (angels, vampires). As an aside, I firmly believe that if Allen had continued in charge, this game would have never made it gold... and if PvP had been the focus, you wouldn't be seeing me here.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Quote Originally Posted by Varangaard
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Salos wrote: yes it was way bak in the day when there was supposed to be the angels vs. the vampires and so on.
    Ah, that far back. Pre-blackout, when David Allen was in charge. Things have changed since, and PvP was cut out of the game, along with races that were exclusively intended for PvP environment (angels, vampires). As an aside, I firmly believe that if Allen had continued in charge, this game would have never made it gold... and if PvP had been the focus, you wouldn't be seeing me here.
    in my gaming experience im going to guest that PvP is player vs player and so if that was on i would ont play this game that much but if that was the plot, i would not even buy the game. It would be nice if you could like challenge some body for PvP but not just attack at any time it would be annoying for the noobs
    I am Senar Nogard, on Chaos Shard and is a level 12 Dragon check me out!

I am looking for an adult dragon to take me under thier wing for a bit on Istaria, if you are interested, pm me

I dissagree . If PvP would be implemented so that the X person will notice severe repercursions for his actions: killing someone of his own kind (like the god of that person killed will avenge him) , then player vs. player would be nice.
    Proud member of Angelic Protectors
    66 wizard / 36 mage / 21 healer / 20 cleric
    44 mason / 26 spellcrafter / 11 scholar

Quest Team member click here
    Horizons IRC chat

Ah, yes, all that race wars garbage.

Sorry, Salos, but David Allen made more empty promises than a used car salesman running for public office.

Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

...before we get into another David Allen vision discussion, let me ask one question: What has David Allen actually managed to develop gamewise since his (very interesting) ideas for Hz?

- One extremely lame dungeon crawl

...and now he's quit the business - nuff said...

The current design of Horizons is all about PVE. Faction wars were in an early vision of the game and were removed long before the game went live.

While Horizons does need improvement in certain areas (ie awful framerate in towns, bad loot), faction wars are not something it needs. Horizons is a decent game that should be enjoyed for what is in or should be in it.

If you really want faction wars you should probably go play WoW and join a guild that raids the other faction's towns. Either that or wait for WoW Battlegrounds due later this year.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

gopher65

Forgive me if I'm wrong, as I haven't been following this game much, but isn't guildwars also a faction vrs faction type game?

/ontopic
    After PvP was taken out of the design for HZ, Artifact decided they wanted to create two games based on the same technology and design. HZ, which was PvE, and a PvP game that never came to fruitation. While there is some chance that such a game could eventually be developed if TulgAE's finacial situation improved (since they have apparently already did some of the work on that PvP game way back when), it is highly unlikely and many years away even if it did happen.

As for HZ, it has been said that open PvP and faction wars will NEVER be a part of this game.Limited PvP maybe added at some point however. At most this wouldbe arenatype action that could includePvE, PvP, PvPet,PetvE, or PetvPet. Most likely ingamebets would also be facilitated. But that is still a long way off (if it ever happens).

Thread Information