Thread: What could the latest developer design team postings have?

Default What could the latest developer design team postings have?

Since many have begun discussing what we can do to help point out problems and be calm and make our points in a more positive manner. Im going to toss this out.

As many have read the recent design team posting by Manga here,talked extensively over it in IRC i have a few things we can all look at.

Does this posting give an ETA?

How much excitement have you seen on shards from this posting/discussion setup? How much do you think this gets told to friends,old guildies and possible new players by those very excited?

What does this all mean in the end?

Its simple. these kind of posts draw big attention.they are spread fast and wide.
    the end result is of 2 main outcomes.

1. the updates are added and minus a few minor glitches which are going to happen clean and solid. This spreads faster yet as we have results and we have actual things in Istaria to say it is changing and improving and this is what is changing. This is the best possible way to regain players and draw new.

2. The updates arent added by the ETA and/or are added with bugs and major glitches. you get the the results the same as above except it speaks against our words to that same audience.

Many of us offer ideas and some vent here and there and some will defend the devs if hell took over Istaria. The final truth is what the developers can make happen and what we do with these results. I know im hoping for this to occur and spread that. I love this game and the community and hope that we can truly get these changes and backup all we try to say and point out in Horizon's favor.

I cant stress enough to all of you at Tulga the amount of excitement and spreading of these proposed changes. Give us something here to backup the better communication some true results and i can see a lot of eyes that might choose to really look over Horizons again. If theres a time this game needs a lift its now andthese kind of changes arriving in a well tested and timely manner area good way to get the future of Istaria looking like a much brighter horizon.

Default Re: What could the latest developer design team postings have?

the first things manga posted have an ETA: next blight patch

i hope they will do it like announced

the other things will be "done" or they will work on it the next 2 weeks

or have i misread something?

with most release dates i just tend to ignore them and wait two months for them to come out and have their bugs fixxed *shrugs*

I don't need, or pay attention to ETA's. In industry, software release datesare very often phrased as Q1, Q2, simply because of the difficulty in, and dangers of, giving definite dates. What we are currently given, along the lines of "in the next week or two we hope" or "not now, but soon" or "in a couple of months" works fine for me.

The information lately has sometimes been a little more explicit than necessary, although that should help get focused feedback. And I would have liked to see a bit more info on lair characteristics for generating feedback. But in general, the recent posts seem to me to be about right. Teasers, but not too explicit, dates indicated, but not too explicit.

The posts of coming attractions, (Tutorial work, ARoP and Lairs advance, Client work! Dragon Love! ElAr Love! Confectioners too!! RAIDS!!!) did cause considerable buzz. Very positive buzz, but surprisingly, a cynical note too, based on AE's (and a suspicion that Tulga mighthave the same) tendency to nerf when good stuff is added. But still, very positive reaction.

But cut off suddenly by David Bowman's interview. The cynicism seemingly vindicated.

The nature of the coming attractions posts indicated to me that Tulga are listening and responding to the customer base as never before. If Horizons holds on to that, and ditches the vague pronouncements of intending to gut the core features of Horizons, we, the players can sell that.And I would!
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Quote Originally Posted by Kulamata
    If Horizons holds on to that, and ditches the vague pronouncements of intending to gut the core features of Horizons, we, the players can sell that.And I would!
    Aint that the friggin truth bud... heh... I would tell my wife about the upcoming stuff to sway her back from WoW, but I am gonna hold off till I see it on blight. No need to face-plant from lack of patience.
    Sajid,
    Lone Lizard of the Apocalypse

Champions of Honor

Thread Information