Thread: New Patcher Issue

imported_Stromgard

Default New Patcher Issue

Started using the new patcher yesterday, the first time went fine except the somewhat lengthy download of the activeX control for the first time (dialup connection). Logged on a couple more times throughout the day without issue. When I went to log on last night I ran in to a problem where after the activeX download and entering account info/password I would hit the execute button and get "error on page" down in the lower left corner border where Explorer shows it's page status. Having seen this before with other pages I tried closing out Horizons and reloading but got the same result, which often happens because the page resides in the memory and it just yanks it back up. At that point it takes a reboot to clear it all out and start from scratch, which I didn't want to do last night so I used the old patcher and played the game. This morning since I restarted my computer and was fresh I tried the new patcher and got the same result from last night.Can anyone help out here on what I can do? It worked fine before for a few times.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Default Re: New Patcher Issue

I've had the exact same thing happen on the old patcher as well from time to time and deleting the temp files (sometimes the cookies as well) has been the solution. For whatever reason, it seems that Microsoft has decided that any previous material you've seen on a website must also re-inhabit IE in the form of these temp files, regardless of whether or not you'll EVER go back to those pages.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

imported_Stromgard

Thanks for your responses, fortunately I tried it the following day and it has worked ever since with me not having done anything.

Azuroth

You can also set the size of the temp internet directory to something reasonable, like 10 megs. That way sites you do visit often will benefit, and you won't have hundreds of megs of other stuff in there.

Thread Information