Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dragon statistics strategies

Default Re: Dragon statistics strategies

what components are required for primal vengaence?
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

Primal vengance requires one energy bone splinter per tech.
    Lumineux Talar

Laviscarus

Well, it's hard to reference since Tazoon.com isn't around anymore but it works something along the lines of this (I'm sure people will feel free to correct me if wrong)

Str increases your damage (as already stated) but at twice the rate of T&C

ie, 10 pts of Strength will raise damage by 1, but will need 20 pts of T&C to get the same damage increase

However, T&C also increases chance to hit (where Strength does not, that is Dexterity)

For spells, Power increases damage as will Primal, but again as with Str/T&C, Power is twice as effective (use focus to increase spell healing)

Primal again increases chance to hit, where power doesnt (though not sure then if Focus will increase chance to hit)

Thoroughly confused now? :)

Cauri_Order - your text is invisible. All I see is a solid black rectangle where your text is unless I hi-light it with my mouse. You might want to rethink whatever you are doing to your text. I am using the generic theme instead of the default theme.

That said, vengeance tech requires 1 energy splinter (and I think some dim orbs)

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

Ronson

I went for 50% Evasion, 25% T&C and 25% Primal. Wearing armor scales as fighting set.

Dracko

You say putting embers into your foreleg scales, so that would be a total of 4 yes ? thought you could only do the burning embers quest once ?! or am i missing something here..

Can you explain more please Kumu

Windaar

Ok getting more good info. I'm doing a test now. I have removed all my primal and am going to go with 50% T&C for ability to hit and damage. I'm splitting the rest between strength, evasion, and dexterity. If the grazing winds doesn't really help when T&C is maxed, then I might not cast it.

What I'd really like to test is how much dexterity and evasion helps damage mitigation. Aside from primal and ability to have spells, I want a Lunus Dragon that can do good melee damage and have max tanking abilities to take as little damage as possible. Spells are just a plus.

The goal would be to only train or add armor techs to where adding more T&C or str doesn't make a significant difference. Also to find out how much addition of evasion and dex results in a significant drop in damage or avoidance of damage altogether. Past that a decision can be made to add other resist techs and such.

Dracko

AHHhhhh!! ty :) does it make much of a difference is it worth the time and effort ?

Dracko

well do you notice a difference ? :)

Dracko

Ahhhhhh thank you Kuma :-)

Or put it this way.

1 Lasting Embers - 33%hitting / 67% chance of missing
    2 Lasting Embers - 55.1%/ 44.9 % (.67*.67)
    3 . . . . . . . . . . . .69.9% / 30.1 % (.67*.67*.67)
    4 . . . . . . . . . . . .79.8% / 20.2 % (.67*.67*.67*.67)

Nice odds that it will connect (Embers 1 or 2 or 3 or 4) on the monsters in the Breath of Fire's area of effect.

And good idea to be alert for dragon players leaving the game or selling Lasting Embers. There are a few advantages to leveling an alt foritems from one-time quests. . .(:: remembers an old post by Kumu ::).
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Dracko

leads to obvious message then..

If you play unity and have one for sale... Send me a pm!!! hehe

thank you again for the info.. sorry to hijack the thread..

have bein doin 50/50 on primal and t&c..am a helian dragon but can hit anything either way (those staggering howls, tail whips and bite are pretty handy in the solo ring). found it suits my play style quite well and so far ive been doin well by it. keepin yer hord = to yer adv lv is important. and havin such i wear power scales teched with primal and armour. health forelegs socketted and dragon breath tech. bout to tie into makin a new set with t5 stuff so some things will be modified slightly, but stickin to the general theme there.
    Soaring the skies of Istaria every day.

Windaar

We really need to do some black and white testing. For example, have a lvl 80 - 100 Dragon take one skill all the way up, put others at 0, use full set of armor scales with no techs, and kill from 50 - 100 of the same mobs. Perhaps golems. Next take that skill down to 0 and take the next skill all the way and try it again with the same armor and same buffs on the same mobs. Would need to record thetotal amount of damage done vs the total amount of damage taken. Something like:

SkillDamage doneDamage take

T&Cxxxxxx
    Str
    Evasion
    Dex
    etc

Now this would be an interesting test. I will do this myself when I hit 50.

Several months ago a dev posted exactly what each stat does. That's another post which has been eaten though.

Anyway, if you're into melee, T&C is the best buy out there point wise so I put 50% into it and always keep it maxxed. Put 25% into evasion and 25% into strength.

Whoot! Finally managed to solo Mhedon using just my own buffs + potions (no biped gifts, enhances, or other spells). New complete set of mithril-marble armor scales triple-teched with T5 techs did the trick. Also, pretty critical that primal vengeance kicks in at the right time. Another thing that helped was using instant heal sooner rather than later.

I guess the next test will be to see if I can do it without the potions.

dragon003

Hello all. I'm a noob player I guess you could say and I kinda have ideas what your talking about but im not sure. I'm basically a kinda guy who likes to go straight up to the enemy and start kikin booty. Anyone have some stat set up for like JUST melee. I mean i need enough primal to use spells how much would that be? what do i do!!!?!?! Oh and how did all you dragons get 250k hoard... im lvl 15 and i thought it was 250 for rop test not 250k lol and i dont see how one gets that much... Any advice on stats and hoard would be EXTREMELY appreciated. And if i leave health at base what would my base health be with all my health "buff" (not sure if thats right) spells be?

Thx

1. For melee combat, armor scales teched with tooth and claw work well. Later on when you hit T3 scales tech them with tooth and claw and strength. For training points, put them into tooth and claw and probably strength. If you want to cast spells earlier you can put some into primal, but you get primal skill anyways regardless whether you spend points there.

2. For hoard, your best bet is to mass-craft. Try mass-producing metal scales and then hoarding them. If you know any bipeds, have them make you tools, weapons or jewelry and hoard them. If you are in a guild, request hoardables from high level bipeds or dragons. You can also hoard trophies, but you are not likely to hit 250k hoard doing that.

Windaar

I'm testing having 50% T&C, 25 % str and 25% evasion right now. The big boost I gave all at once to evasion seems to have made a noticeable difference in damage take. I'll get definite numbers once I hit 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Windaar
    We really need to do some black and white testing.
    I can make one little contribution to this. Unfortunately I wasn't taking notes at the time and it isn't the kind of thing I can repeat now and I can't give great precision. That removes a lot of the value but here it is anyway.

When the new training point system was first introduced my dragon was in the 80s and I was meleeing level 75 deathly ogres. Before I applied any training points I was doing 50-70 damage per swing. I then applied 50% of my training points to T&C (holding the rest back) and my damage immediately went up to over 100 per swing.

I then applied 50% of my remaining TPs (25% of total) to evasion and saw no change.

Perhaps if everyone recorded their total stats and everyone fought the same monsters several times, recording their results, we could start to get some experimental data to go with that post of Smegler's.

Thread Information