Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trinkets

Default Re: Trinkets

Good point... I have added the following line to each:

Right-click and select 'Use' to unleash the magic of this -trinket item-

- Amon
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

On Shiney Baubles last night, and one other, nothing happened when I <right-click> and <use> on them.

First time I didn't have an empty gift slot, so emptied one out (i.e. I died) and tried it again, still nothing happened.
    Mordoth Penumbraen
    Helian Dragon of Order
    (Retired but keeping an eye out.)
    Keir Chet k'Eilerten
    http://tinyurl.com/ZL3F

"I'm a vegetarian Dragon. I only eat Garden Gnomes."

Should have received some feedback. Currently they are having some conflicts with existing augmentations/gifts/buffs/etc but we'll be correcting that in the next patch.

- Amon

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Amon, I used around 10 and got no effect from them.
    Removed my armor, jewelery, buffs, everything. still not working.

If there is a problem with them, then I definitely want to get it fixed. But they are pretty simple so there isn't much that can break. In addition, the majority of folks haven't had any difficulties. Nor did we have any during testing.

Perhaps you could tell me which ones you have used? What type (bauble, charm, locket, etc) and which quality (blighted, cursed, etc)? I can go from there.

- Amon

Well, I encountered the problem while using Shiney Baubles while playing on a bi-ped character I was playing (Sardos Blightstorm on Order). He had Gift of Alacrity II & Gift of Armor IIup, with Enhanced Armor II, Health II and Power II, the first time I used one.

Second time I tried one, I didn't have any buffs going as I had just died. [:^)]

I was playing on my main (dragon) character last night and used some Tablets which worked, even if they had negative effects each time (Yikes! 10 hp!!) It may be difficult for me to play on my bi-ped again as I am having too much fun playing my Dragon with all the nifty new stuff the patch introduced. [:P]

PS...I used a Ethereal Tablet on my dragon, which I understood to have a 90% chance of beneficial and got a negative effect, then with a Blessed Tablet got a negative effect with 75% of beneficial. Someone mentioned that they had heard that Tablets weren't working quite right and gave negative effects out of proportion. Just thought I'd ask that.
    Mordoth Penumbraen
    Helian Dragon of Order
    Keir Chet k'Eilerten

Thanks Mordoth. I will take a look at the Tablets. Would like to point out that neither 90% or 75% is a guaranteed chance.

- Amon

Yea, got those pointed out to me yesterday. Will be corrected in the next patch so enjoy it while you can. [:P]

Oh, by the way, I have looked at the Tablets and can find nothing wrong with them. Might want to check your default chat window for messages such as "X failed because you already have Y."

- Amon

Quote Originally Posted by Amon Gwareth
    Yea, got those pointed out to me yesterday. Will be corrected in the next patch so enjoy it while you can. [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]

Oh, by the way, I have looked at the Tablets and can find nothing wrong with them. Might want to check your default chat window for messages such as "X failed because you already have Y."

- Amon
    I'll try to concentrate enough to notice that kinda stuff, but honestly, I'm having waaaayyy too much fun with all the great stuff from this last patch, so I may be a little too excited to notice. Although I am currently holding a Tablet in inventory, so I'll use it when I get home from work and see what happens. I was just passing along that the 'rumor' said that Tablets were wonked or something. We all know how rumors are tho, rotten little sneaks! [:P]

I think all the new loot drops are really nifty and enjoy them a lot!
    Mordoth Penumbraen
    Helian Dragon of Order
    Keir Chet k'Eilerten

Nope, didn't see this message. I used all 6 kinds of tablets.

Amon, is it possible I just don't get the effecticon? I'm not 100% sure, but I think I do get the buff/debuff just don't see an icon in my effects window.

If the effect doesn't conflict with any others, then you will get a snow-flake icon representing one of the effects. However, many do conflict (at the moment). Also, we're working on getting it so that it does provide feedback when you use it. It did during testing, so somethign has changed that broke that.

Thanks for your continued feedback on the trinkets, Padishar.

- Amon

I too cannot seem to get trinkets to work for me. I use the trinket, see the casting message, then nothing happens. I have never seen a buff/debuff icon, and never noticed anything happen to my char (such as suddenly having 10 hp or taking damage). I have tried 10-15 assorted trinkets (from ethereal to blighted)- most were T3 charms, a handful of T4 lockets, and 1 or 2 T5 tablets.

The first night I figured it was some sort of database lag, since that seemed to be happening that day (crafting taking a long time, etc). I could watch group members use the trinkets and see some of the effects though. The problem is they still don't appear to be working. Even my copied char to blight can't get them to work. I usually have up all the dragon buffs (Dragon's gift, true grit V, promote vitality V, and ignore myst/arcane refusal V) although I have tried them without buffs, and I have never seen a conflicting buff message. :(
    Tympest Stormchaser
    100/100 Ancient Lunus Dragon - Retired
    Erus Ex Istaria - Order

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

In report, I had a blighted trinket that did nothing. The only thing I had going was a red combat stance (nothing else cast on me whatsoever).

Don't tell me my iron mining pick of quarrying is also an anti-magic item. [:|]

However, on the good side, I did have a shiny trinket give me a 103% speed boost for two minutes and another one that reduced my spellcasting time by 5 seconds? 10 seconds? Didn't really pay attention to it because I don't cast spells.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Trinkets work for me now, but not for my druid biped. any update on this?

Found a couple bugs with the "Trinkets" not baubles or any higher tiered ones that will be fixed with this next database update. Not sure if that will solve your issue, but it might.

- Amon

I used a T4 trinket (the necklace one) and it didn't do anything, even with just Dragon's Gift and Determination active. No feedback, no status icon, or anything. I think it was a Blessed one.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

For me it's all of them. I never got any to work.
    Hope this patch will fix it for me.

Well, thing is I am not sure why you are having these difficulties. There is nothing wrong with the Blessed Locket that Pharcellus mentioned (just checked) asfar as the database is concerned (values are the same as other trinkets, etc).Also, I have been unable to reproduce this same error so far on any consistent basis. The trinkets work for me on several characters. We did have it happen on one hatchling on genesis, but then it started working again (we couldn't figure out why it was occurring).

- Amon

They still don't work for me either. Yesterday I tried one of each of the 30 types of trinkets (T1-T5) and not a single thing happened that I could see. My copied character to blight can't use them either, I check everytime I log on there (though that hasn't been since the ARoP stuff). My two alts seem to be able to use these things just fine. It's a really wierd problem.
    Tympest Stormchaser
    100/100 Ancient Lunus Dragon - Retired
    Erus Ex Istaria - Order

Thread Information