Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Official ARoP Starting Requirement Discussion Thread

Default Re: Official ARoP Starting Requirement Discussion Thread

Umyarr...is quite challenging to say the least, at least for my "Uber Quilt" "Multiped" "Uberped" "Etc." self. As for other dragons, Akuluxtraxas said she soloed him on Blight.
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    Umyarr...is quite challenging to say the least, at least for my "Uber Quilt" "Multiped" "Uberped" "Etc." self. As for other dragons, Akuluxtraxas said she soloed him on Blight.
    Umyarr should be extremely difficult for a dragon to solo. He's a lvl 120 named mob. In my opinion he should be impossible for a single dragon to solo. When my group killed him there were 4 or 5 of us and we didn't have any difficulty. So unlike the RoP mobs that required a healer these mobs just require enough dragon muscle to get the job done.

I don't have the best scale setup, so it doesn't surprise me how fast he romped me. Ok, it did surprise me, but it also makes sense [:P] Tried to duo him with a Helian, and it was a *very* short fight. Recalled, got a couple of friends to join us, and he went down fast.

But just so you know, I was helping another Dragon get him and they pulled him off his mountain and had a bi-ped roast him. I have heard rumors that bi-peds can pull him down too, but not being one I have no clue how it is done or if it is just a rumor. I suspect it is the Dragon that pulls in those instances too.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

Nothing so complicated. A simple ranged teched bolt (A must for all hunters biped and dragon alike) pulls him off his mountain, onto the road. Although they're moved him "further into the mountains" on blight.

I can pull him down and roast him if my abilities are all up

I would imagine it would be very very difficult nigh on impossible for a dragon to solo it.

If you had half tps in health, half in t&C or evasion, full hoard and some, armour scales teched with crush resist/ward and health where possible.

Consumed some trinkets that gave +% damage and -% damage taken It might be more plausable you would still need to have a hell of a lot of luck.
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

You know with all that rich dragon lore . . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Theolaerynn
    But just so you know, I was helping another Dragon get him and they pulled him off his mountain and had a bi-ped roast him. I have heard rumors that bi-peds can pull him down too, but not being one I have no clue how it is done or if it is just a rumor. I suspect it is the Dragon that pulls in those instances too.
    Players will find a way to circumvent it.

Nothing so complicated. A simple ranged teched bolt (A must for all hunters biped and dragon alike) pulls him off his mountain, onto the road. Although they're moved him "further into the mountains" on blight.
    Still.

Even if he is moved further up, some will try to pull/lead it down or find ways up the mountain to overcome the obvious intent the developers had for the normal game-play of that aspect of the game.

It amazes me how players value game mechanics over lore. Obviously, if this was an IC action, the Council of Elders (unGifted after all) would be wondering if those dragons are worthy to pass the challenges they themselves did centuries before. As in looking over this dragon and sending it away for 10 (game) years to gain the wisdom they lack.For a Gifted dragon, 10 years during spanof immortality is nothing. Makes me wonder what they would think when they pass on, and Gifted Ancients stand in their place . . . .

JF amazing.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua

Solo Umyarr?

If a dragon soloed Umyarr he must have been touched by Drulkar himself.

I tried to solo Umyarr when it went to blight, I had an incredable streak of luck and landed Vengeance immediatly, and used Shield, Refreshing and Instant and never missed a "Required" hit and got him to 50% before his barrage of death refreshed.

To solo Umyarr would take quite a bit of insane luck I think.
    I soloed him today.

It's possible, you will have to use gold shield and hit himwith primal vengeance. Luck migth be a part of it, but not insane, and I very much beleive that others can and will solo him too.

Had 1700 hitpoints left after the figth.
    Uroloki Chaos (Unity)(ice)

Well actuallly he's still biped accessible.

And as for roasting him. Even with Multi DC, and my boars mask, It still takes me longer to kill him than it does for a Dragon, although there's a fair bit less luck involved as I don't need to depend on Vengeance proccing.

Dunno, overall i'm off many minds.

The dragon in me thinks the entire ARoP should be completely biped inaccessible, some way or another.

The biped in me hates that there's something he can't get to, and isn't allowed to at least attempt to kill. Even if merely just to test his mettle. Although those feelings shouldn't matter diddly squat [;)]

There's even a small part of me that says the ARoP should be solo only, shame they dont' have a way to ensure that.

Also, isn't there a high-level (unamsterable) druid or shaman ability that lets you walk up vertical walls? To such a biped, pulling Umyarr down from his lofty perch is very simple.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

There's even a small part of me that says the ARoP should be solo only, shame they dont' have a way to ensure that.
    Oh, but it will be so much harder before the end, to validate the "ending requirements" from all the REAL challenges and vindicating having such low starting requirements.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Varangaard
    Also, isn't there a high-level (unamsterable) druid or shaman ability that lets you walk up vertical walls? To such a biped, pulling Umyarr down from his lofty perch is very simple.
    Uh.... No.

There's a very masterable exploit which does that.

*SPOILERS* skip it if you don't want to read about ARoP

Uhm done everything of this ARoP part.

The hardest part was snatching the nameds off tech farmers hands [:P]

We were several doing ARoP so we (we = more or less a combo of the ARoP eligible dragons on at a given time) grouped in 2+ dragons to save the others the pain to wait forever for a repop.

The only mob that was hard was Ravager. Had to wait 1.30 hours and then he spawned linked with other wolves.

Mhedon and Granduus too were hard to spot but luckily Saritova helps a lot as second spawn point so I headed there and found the former easily. And after the recent armor buff they are very doable (well at least if you know how to tech your scales and have full hoard that is).

Galestorm too was nothing special but I got a dp because I got a neat mass repop (before the mob was alone) and the adds killed me. Else it'd be sufficiently easy to solo (He dies when I have 1000+ hp left).

The Naghuk named died too fast to judge if it's hard to solo (I never bothered soloing it before since I only adventure for curiosity and it was all "consumed" at soloing the more famous Mhedon Arboreon Galestorm etc).

The last adamantium thing... I procced primal vengeance of my old faithful self made scale and he did me a grand total of 44 damage with his specials. The rest then came easy... Lucky for him it does not drop loot else with the instant repop time it'd be farmed all the time.

Overall feeling: I found it fun to do it with other dragons. In the beginning I thought to do everything solo the "grumpy Lunus way" but I'd have had to "rob" 2 hours of repop time to other people (not all are like Thistleface or Umyarr) and we more or less know each other and anyway these mobs were already my prey before the ARoP.
    And I am happy at how it went, it was fun meeting with long gone people and seeing dragon "relics" coming back to do that piece. Meeting with old style Helians nowadays is really a rare sight and two of them even come and help me with Ravager and one died to help me. [B][B]

Now for the second part I think it should focus on the single dragon instead and be done mostly in solo. Unless Tulga thinks differently...
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Uh.... No.

There's a very masterable exploit which does that.
    I see. Just goes to show what I know about bipeds. [:D] Back during the über-undead (Nazderon) event I had hard time keeping up with a certain high-level biped in Kirasanct mountains and the satyr isle as he ran in a direct beeline over terrain obstacles, even near-vertical ones.

As for ARoP, it was a great social event, and they've created good amounts of lore for the Rite.It was good to see lots of veteran dragons going about. The battles also showed how far dragons have come since release; a group made up of dragons only could challenge everything and survive. Ravager was possibly the hardest with the thick wolf spawn, and my group pulled a pile of adds while taking on the boss. Nevertheless we were able to deal with him with only one fatality and dispatch the foes. Now Thistleface can give soloing dragons some trouble if they refuse to employ the shield of gold. In my group Uroloki volunteered to pull the walking shrubbery and bit the dirt with ~4000 damage from multistrike, having forgotten to activate it first.[:)]

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

For meravager was easily soloed. You just need to be carefull.Typically he is only in a group of 3, and even if he isn't you can still dispose of his friends rather quickly.
    Withoutincluding thistleface, galestorm proved to be the hardest for me solely due to his evasion rate.

i dont care about if someone can solo anything

i enjoyed the teamplay yesterday - i had great fun meeting other dragons and fight for your AROP

My Dragon has been very alone the last month (since merge)

i dont know other dragon players :( but i havent tried to build up new relationships

maybe if the lvl cap is raised!

thanks to all who fought with me yesterday!

[Y]

[B] Cheers Vahrokh [B]

[:)]

Quote Originally Posted by Manga
    Hey Gang,

Please discuss the requirements here, so that we may have one focused thread on the topic.

*UPDATED*

Please note that these are the Starting Requirements...
    And the finishing requirements in time and hoard and others are . . . . ?

Or is that soon to be a new topic thread?
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Thread Information