Thread: Coming back to Horizons?

darrkflame666

Default Coming back to Horizons?

Hey everybody....i was a former Horizons player....like when it first came out.....i enjoyed it for a while till i noticed all the bugs and crap happening....well i got that email saying things are better and stuff and it made me think....do i really want to come back to horizons? two of my other friends got the email and they have been thinking about it too. Well i was just wondering if i could get some feedback from people playing the game telling me if its really worth coming back. Am i going to end up cancelling my account a 3rd time? Whats new whats different? please post back or email or IM me at [email protected]

Thx alot for ur help

Maybe soon to be Horizons player

:)

Default Re: Coming back to Horizons?

It would help if you told specifically why you left. Reads like a troll as it stands.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

darrkflame666

Well its been a while since i played so i dont really remember why i quit...im sure most of it was because of all the bugs. To tell the truth that was about it....it was a great game but the bugs really messed it up

Atm a big maintenance is being performed so you should try it (I'd suggest not to pay but to get a trial first) in 2 weeks from now. Else some people have some problems entering and you could be one of them.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

darrkflame666

I thought you had to put a credit card in for the free trial? they change that? or going to change it in that maintenence?

darrkflame666

Well what is new now? have they added, changed or taken anything out?

They've added a lot. They've taken out some things. Overall, it's still fun.
    TIGRIS EUPHRATES and TEKKA RUNECLAW. Istarian Veteran, The Original Order Shard Herald, Herald of the Spirit Shard. Storm Disciple, Flame Disciple, Spirit Disciple, Ice Disciple, Monk, Ranger, Healer, Druid, Spiritist. Grand Master Biped Crafter.

Storm_walker

Yes you have to put your credit card details in.

Just make sure you cancel 3 or 4 days before the trial ends or else it will auto bill you. Closing your account seems to take a few days.

Other than that your set to play :)

Sarogin

Changes:
    High end MOBS up to lvl 120 have been added. Most of these use existing monster graphics, but some, like treants, are new.

Buildings actually serve some useful purpose. Houses have storage, you can put a vaultkeeper on your plot. Or a cosigner that charges at a different % than those in the cities.

The old Imperial Task Officer and most of the adventure trainer quests have been replaced by the Trophy Hunter. You really have to check it out to see what that means, some people like - others don't

Many Many Many more plots players can buy. Some are outrageously expensive. Guild plots were added as well, so if you join a guild, they may can offer you an inexpensive plot.

The teching system for weapons/armor/tools has been revamped. The components needed are now spread out over lots of different monsters. Overall, this has been both good and bad.

Monster loot tables have been completelyredesigned, most MOBS don't drop coins. Loot table still need some work.

Combat had a serious rework and is much less laggy, though not perfect.

There are still some bugs that will cause CTD. Especially around building crafting.

I'm sure there are other changes I haven't thought about.

Its a new world, come take a look-see.
    Aegis BlightMaker, Gnome of the First Order

visiting times vari

Would have gone far had they offered some free time with that email. He asks former players to have faith when it has been misplaced in the past. If you want a bone you first have to give one.

Given their billing issues and general server problems at this time I would most definitely wait for a bit.

EgoAnt

Well, not to sound disgruntled, but I immediately responded to the e-mail with a credit card number and I definitely should have waited. [:D]

Basically since I have been back the servers have only been online twice at the times I usually play, and one of those times I wandered around trying to find a single MOB that was the right level for me to kill for about an hour. (I ran for half an hour without seeing anything!)

On the bright side, the plot auctions do seem to be pretty cool, even though I don't have enough cash to really take part in them yet. I agree with the post above, it might be best to give them another week or two to sort out some of the issues.

For me, well, I mostly just wanted to see my Dragon's smiling face again, and I wanted something to play up until Christmas. =)

Sarogin

Welcome back EgoAnt, which server are you playing on?

Guydon

Quote Originally Posted by EgoAnt
    Well, not to sound disgruntled, but I immediately responded to the e-mail with a credit card number and I definitely should have waited. [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]

Basically since I have been back the servers have only been online twice at the times I usually play, and one of those times I wandered around trying to find a single MOB that was the right level for me to kill for about an hour. (I ran for half an hour without seeing anything!)

On the bright side, the plot auctions do seem to be pretty cool, even though I don't have enough cash to really take part in them yet. I agree with the post above, it might be best to give them another week or two to sort out some of the issues.

For me, well, I mostly just wanted to see my Dragon's smiling face again, and I wanted something to play up until Christmas. =)
    They did have a monster spawn issue for awhile. It seems they had code to make sure areas empty of players didn't spawn mobs that would eat up resouces, and it didn't respond fast enough, so you could run through an area, and the mobs would spawn behind you. That has been fixed and monsters are plentiful! One problem is that since they moved all of the spawns, it does take awhile to find where the monsters of the right level DO spawn. Just ask. Most players will take the time to help you.

Firesight

I'm sorry to say that with the new MMO's coming out soon I would not recommend going to the trouble of signing up. IMO, the twinkle in my eye that I used to get from playing this game every waking day is slowly fading. It's almost a hassle to log in anymore. [:@]

Algo

After they announced an event as exciting as bottlecap collecting how can you not have resubscribed already!??

But seriously, I resubbed about a month ago and didn't notice many important changes at all. The things that made me quit over 5 months ago still seem to crop up. Long battles still have animations that need to catch up 5 minutes later, my crafting items don't always appear in my pack afterwards, and don't get me started on the usefullness of housing...

I don't know why I am still subcribed, but it probably won't be for long.

Sarogin summed it up pretty well [Y]

You just can`t really get a good idea of how everything is atm. unless you log in and have a look for yourself.

The game has changed dramatically since the early days and I love it [:)]
    Orophin Eluch - Elf

Disappeared without a trace....

Thread Information