*Sighs* My old 128mb Nvidia GeForce 4 ti4600 video card went kaput. Dell didn't have anymore, so they gave me this RADEOn X800 SE video card.

Anyhow... I was hoping someone else has this video card so that I can see if my problem is normal... I tried updating the driver yesterday but I can't tell if my driver actually updated!

My old driver was 6.14 something and was released/whatever on the 5th of 2004. This new driver says it's v.8.10 something and released on the 10th of 2004. Well, I un-installed my driver, re-started the computer, then downloaded and installed the newer driver. It still shows my driver as being version 6.14! I couldn't tell if anything beyond that was different.

I called Dell tech. support and went thru the paces with the tech. She can't explain why my driver doesn't say v.8.10 - whatever, but says it has to be updated since we un-installed the old one, re-started, downloaded the new one, and installed it. I don't know if I believe that personally, so I was hoping that someone else has this video card so that I can see if it is normal or not.