Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Problems since Live Patch 4/9

Default Re: Problems since Live Patch 4/9

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua
    These issues aren't universal.

So, you can't exactly say that it's "Tulga's Fault" as perhaps it's "ATI's fault" or "Nvidia's fault" also.

I have not once seen an invisable mob, nor do I have to log after a port or two. It usually takes me about 20 or so ports (I had to log twice doing the tunnel construction and I was portalling like a maddragon.)

I don't doubt that others have the problem, but the fact that it's not universal, and not even universal with the same video card means that it's something more than just "You didn't fix this". Instead it's "You didn't fix this for my system."
    and your point is what exactly ?

Pay attention to your servers MP and General chat. Watch guild chat. Overwhelming opinion is that yes something has happened in the last few weeks to degrade performance for MOST people. It is irrelevant that it is not happening for some fact is it is happening for a lot of people.

Fact

Before last tuesdays patch the game ran acceptably for me. I could port for hours without really having to relog... Yes I am doing the construction grind too. After about 20 ports before last tuesday I would have to relog... in todays market I shouldn't have to relog due to a memory leak at all period. But still none the less it was tolerable. Now after 8 or 9 ports I really *should* relog if I want to maintain decent performance. No I don't have to but I should. Never experienced a CTD before last tuesday as well. Now I am garanteed one in tazoon at the very least.

I can say without one shadow of doubt that this is not due to my system. It is configured PERFECTLY for horizons of that there is a single doubt. The fact that it ran horizons fine before last tuedays patch is proof enough of that. So no the statement " You didn't fix this for my system" is totally irrelevant to the situation at hand. Cause I can tell you this it isn't my system and that I am 110 percent sure of.

Now should we crucufy Tulga ? no... but they need to be made aware that *SOMETHING* did happen in the last few weeks to make things as they are now.

Of course the easiest way to fix this is for Tulga to.....

Simply make their minimum specs for the game what their recomended is now and to take their recomended and triple them. Cause I can tell you this the game runs like crap at their minimum and just about as bad at their stated recomended. Any and all of horizons performance problems can be overcome with pure overwhelming machine horse power. Than the game runs like a dream.. I should know I have one of those machines as well which I experience no problems with in Horizons. Its the machine I am playing Horizons on that has experienced the performance and ctd issue. Still it doesn't break my gaming experience since this machine as well is over their stated recomended specifications.

Anyway they just might want to look at the situation and see if they can tweak things some more. There is no harm in offering that kind of feedback. Certainly better than the general feeling I get as to making the whole experience up.

Claws

quote:
    OMG You too?! I had thought I was the only one with this and thought the disable_debug.exe had caused it. Unless you used the .exe too I have no idea why this happened to be now. As you said, only the UIPersonal.def got reverted to default while the hotkeys, player list, and knowledge window were untouched.

This time I have a back up of my chaos_Merriweather folder though so if I lose ANYTHING again I can just put it back.
    end of quote

didn't use disable_debug.exe, at least not to my knowledge :D
    while this doesn't help anybody, I am glad that I am not alone - thank you Snowdonia

One other strange occurrance to add. Hunting Flame Beetles last nighton Fire Isle. Several times although the Beetle was dead it still showed half a health bar and remained in attack mode. (It is supposed to lay down right?) If I ran out of range of the corpse?? and came back it would be lying down like it was supposed to. Funny thing is it happened to both the wife and myself. So we would take turns dashing out of range to come back and be able to loot the body.

One point to add is when we moved down to the Fire Beetles we never ran into that problem for the remainder of the night.

I have a nagging feeling that there is a pattern behind it all but can't put a finger on it yet. Going to keep observing. [H]

Oh and to clarify most if not all the problems we are both experiancing started after the major patch a couple of weeks ago and were exacerbated by the recent one.
    Bori Grimbattle --->The Dwarf
    Sinistre Azazael---> The Fiend
    Adramaleck Flerious--->The Dragon

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

lets not forget about these issues that have popped up in the last 2 weeks. For some obviously aren't having problems but it seems that "most" people are.

Invisible mobs
    Strange bugs
    Increased memory leak issues.

I have for the last 2 days watched peopld discuss their various issues in Marketplace chat.

Now quite regularily I must manually end the horizons process to free up the ram it was using after I exit. This usually happens after a session with lots of porting. Last night my ram usuage topped 1GB. So something needs to be done to free up a systems ram because the process can litterally hijack your computer after a long playing porting session.

Please note the system I play HZ on is way above the games recomended specifications.

Keep it to the fore front of current issues list..

I cannot beleive that with all the mesasages you have posted here (773) that you would reply in this manner. I am sure you have read as many messages and quite a few of them are related to this thread.
    We are tired of the problems that are created each week with the so-called updates or fixes.
    Many of us are like 'tryagain' have systems that far exceed the recommended requirements.
    And we are not tweaking our systems every week either. It is Tulga's Fault ....PERIOD.
    Quote..." I have not seen ...mob, nor do i have to log...." lmao you must be only posting messages and reading this forum and not playing the game at all. You must be the 1% that got a lucky horse shoe up .....

Please Tulga make this game tolerable for 99% of us.

A new client was just released. Please try it out and see if it relieves the memory issues.

The new client says 346, and we had 347 this morning? Is this a new old patcher?[:P]
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

Turns out we weren't imaging things....

Adv: 12x100, 72 Wizard, 60 Warrior, 40 CHSW, 10 Monk (200)
    Craft: 19x100, 100 Tailor (234)
    [extended vacation]

thank you

Will take a look and see if this alleviates my issues.

It is important to note that before this patch in question I wasn't having major issues like these.

Thanks

The version number in thefps windowis incorrect. It's actually 348. I think you'll see the right number on the initial splash screen.

Wailer

Why are their 2 different version number variables to begin with?!

It may be premature, but I've noticed Horizons is using substantially less memory than it usually does 400ish megs instead of 750+. Haven't gone fighting so don't know about any of those yet.

Today's patch seems to have cured my tex mem buildup. It's back to where it was last week. (?) And that with combat in the Blight, a few recalls to Aughundell, and quite a few ports, to Harro, Heather, and yon.

Much nicer!
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

This patch has cleared up my problems entirely. Thank you!

Unfortunately, I have friends now who are having a lot of CTD issues after this patch. :(

well fixed some issues...causing others :).

The "not attacking after clicking on the attack ability until I moved some" problem has been solved! WOO!

However, I noticed a problem wtih my health bar sticking a few times in fights last night - which for me anyway, had not been a problem before.

Also opening my map window almost laged me to the point of crashing, as I sat there almost frozen for a few minutes... that has NEVER happened before... (there was hardly any markers, no map pack since that had been deleted with the new patch...it was quite frustrating)

Only hunted marble golems, and there were no invisble mobs there :), and I wasn't in a group, so I"ll have to get back to you on the "other players running forward while still fighting right beside me" thing...

Atm I'm also having health bar update problems with myself and the mobs. And lots of moves not showing up in the combat feedback. Dunno about invisible mobs, haven't seen any but haven't hunted much yet.

most ptoblems resolved say for one.

Once in awhile...

after 5 or 6 ports I will get loading screens that are featuring enourmously high " recieving World Objects" counts. Sometimes upward of 900 when I never got that before and they are areas I HAVE been in already can take a few minutes to port instead of the usual 30 seconds. If I continue to play than eventually the loading screen will just hang on " Recieving World objects" it is a new problem I wasn't having before last week.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    And lots of moves not showing up in the combat feedback.
    I've had that even before the recent fix went in. Happens especially when I queue my attacks. Second one rarely gets through on the chat feedback.

I am bound in New Rachival. Seems that if I port once, fight a lot, and recall, I am lucky to make it to the portal to get out of town without doing a face plant in the sand (ie ctd). I pretty much have to sprint to the portal, weaving drunkenly all the way, to avoid the ctd.

And I used to wonder why folks complained about New Rachival, it was always so easy to run around even with 20 other people standing there ....

-Levity Merrel, Crai Aisling, Sans AoP by Aiya's pad
    100 Blacksmith/70 Fitter/45 Mason/45 Carpenter/100 Reaver/33 IceD

Thread Information