Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: rewards for staying through the rough times..

Marrek

Default rewards for staying through the rough times..

Someone mentioned in another thread a conversation I was having with DB about a reward for sticking with the game through all this mergers and rough times since. He loved the idea but wanted some of our thoughts on what a good reward would be.

The things David told me to remember when he asked me what i thought should be a good reward, it cant be game in-balancing, it has to be usable by all races or 2 rewards with something comperable to for both bi-peds and dragons. keep in mind the shoulder pets, they didnt give any bonus and they didnt give any way to get a bonus (or an advantage to getting something).

Now here is my suggestions- per account active since atleast the merger.

+100 Training Points to ONE character ( something we earned due to down time and is a boost because it isnt tied to level TPs)

1 extra character slot

a title for one character, shown below guild name "Chaor/Order Settler" or "Veteran of the Invasions"

Please post some more Ideas everyone! trust me they are listening to this one, even if they dont pick our ideas maybe we will give them something to work with

Default Re: rewards for staying through the rough times..

Oh I like the titel Veterins of the Invasions. hehe Bonus points also sound good. I would also love to get my shoulder pet golem back. [:D]

Great idea.

Ronson

I have an idea:

Veterans bipeds get a shoulder dragon (a small gecko).

Veterans dragons get a shoulder gnome. [:)]

not a good idea. At least the suggestions you put forth.

The only one I would like is the title the other 2 are character debalancing and would give an unfair advantage to those considered to be veterans of AE's tremendous growing pains. You would in fact create a 2nd class avatar system in which new players and old players returning would in fact be less than those that stuck it out.

Right now imo its more important to the long term survivalbility of this game to attract back those that left and to entice new players to the game. The ones that have chosen to stick it out good for you but your dollars aren't whats going to make this game profitable. Its your dollars plus those of possible returning players and new players. The playerbase must grow. Work on that first.

If you want a legit suggestion than lets say a 5 percent boost free to your vault space or access to a special cargo disc that affords you a bit more speed when dragging it. Even then you walk a fine line. I believe AO tried something like this and they got hounded over their promise to give those that stuck it out a reward for doing so. If I recall correctly what was given wasn't what was expected as anything else would have debalanced the game.

Of course he could always give those still subbed to the game a free week or something...

Shoulder pets do not unbalance the game. And as for the100 points, I see no reason why we do not deserve it. How will that effect anyone comming back or starting here new? I think it would say that we are appreciated that is how.

mmo edicate is how. These facets of reality and fact not even David Bowman and Horizons can escape.

No shoulder pets would not debalance the game. But 100 TP's would most definitely CHARACTER debalance things. You just can't do that and expect to even keep game balance in line with those new players joined and even returning players. It would make your characters superior to any new characters. That is a mistake imo.

As said your dollars aren't going to save this game. It barely keeps the status quo, thats not a flame thats a fact. New players and returning players increase the the money that Tulga Games has to work with and hopefully the hardware as well since it seems to be having a hard time keeping up with the demands of the game.

You made the choice to continue to support Horizons. You do not need to be rewarded for it. They have enough to work on and fix than coming up with rewards.

I see no reason why FUN things like shoulder pets (thinking monkey that hits me over the head with a bat, an angel/devil shoulder combo, gnomes for dragons)

How about a special wizards hat for all casters - no stats - just look cool.

How about a Ceremonial Robe for some classes.

How about an Embossed Ceremonial Shield.

How about a Ceremonial Skull Helmet with a Jaw Visor.

There are lots of special things you could do that wouldn't be game imbalancing but show some respect for those that stuck it through all this time.
    Putter'er of Crafts and Near Miss-Adventurer on Chaos
    Guild Leader - Council of War
    C.O.W. : "Milking the WA Daily....fear the cow"

mabye hand out earings for dragons ?

I do like the gnomes hehe ill stuff mine in my hoard

also i like the title we are elders to the game and a title would not hurt

Quote Originally Posted by Marrek
    The things David told me to remember when he asked me what i thought should be a good reward, it cant be game in-balancing, it has to be usable by all races or 2 rewards with something comperable to for both bi-peds and dragons. keep in mind the shoulder pets, they didnt give any bonus and they didnt give any way to get a bonus (or an advantage to getting something).
    Training points . .. no (unbalancing toward monsters and as pointed above, new players, esp. if PvP were introduced), an extra character slot . . . why?

I like some sort of shoulder pet or other Simple Item. It is consistent with the players that pre-ordered Horizons (they showed faith in the game, waiting for it to hit gold). Can't be clothing or such unless visable on dragons.

Perhaps another Boom!-like spell castable by all.

Overall, I don't think a reward would be proper or possibly fair. How do you reward the true veterans (the beta testers with characters on Blight) to those that came later (like me in April) to those just now? Do you count in game playing time and server? Have a tier of reward packages.

Then it comes down to AE time. They have much to do without this distraction.

The best reward I can think of is an Event that all levels and all races can participate in. No items, just a one time boon of experience based on level. Make this coincide with the return of the Withered Aegis. This would involve the World Masters and others in AE spending timewith players in level proper events - say 1 to 20, 21 to 50, 50 to 75, 75 to 99, 100.

Oh, and something proper to crafting, for those enjoying the crafting side.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

I suggested on IRC during the merge a fashion ware shirt that said
    Front
    "I survived the merging of realms"
    Back
    "And all I got was this t-shirt"

That doesn't work for dragons (unless we could get dragon sized shirts) my suggestion for them would be give them 10 in the stats that only they get, T&C, primal and scalecraft.

Or give them something they can make out of gems other than scale pack.

a 5% vault increase would be nice as well.
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

There's certainly all sorts of level 1 items that offer no bonuses that could be given out for nothing short of "fun" that would give no person any particular advantage or bonus. Just use your imagination.

Shoulder pets are an obvious suggestion because it's something that already exists and fits the bill nicely.

Other things that might be viable:
    - some odd/silly hats
    - "costumes" - similar to the dark forest wear. likely has between 1-3 components and you can mix/match the pieces
    - a new spell scribable by all that does little more than give a particle effect to a weapon (or claws/hands for those of you that don't wield weponds) for a period of time

You get the idea. Basically, all feasible ideas should really not give anyone a "bonus" to any particular skill/stat/ability/etc., likely be more for RP and fun than anything eles and needs to be accessible to all biped races and classes along with dragons.
    Dalthbar Bruisebringer
    Order [Spirit] Shard
    Mystic Blades

81 Fitter
    65 Spearman
    (plus a lot more)

Auren

How about new e-motes? (belch, strangle, YMCA, teacup, etc.)

Special dye colors (maybe black and blue for the beating we've taken hehe)

Special tattoos (thinking of the target dog eye tattoo)

Summon rock salt node spell (but make it unharvestable)

Special weapon customization forms (single use, can be applied to existing weps, dont change stats)

Auran

Ku

How about a title (like "Elder...") and a golden glow that surrounds the character at all times?

How about giving one char per account 1 free current level of exp for adv and crafting. That wouldn't debalance anything. Would just be a nice way of saying thanks.put one npc in one of the towns that the player goes and talks to in order to receive the reward.

Laneth
    Misfits of Mischief
    Chaos Shard
    Laneth Drethor
    Semper Fidelis (Chaos)
    100 Paladin
    100 Mason/100 Blacksmith (and various others)
    "Eleena the Fiesty's Pali Pet"

I like the 100 training points idea.

I did like an idea that AC did once when i played. And they did this for some very minor unpredicted downtimei think. What they did was give everyonea randomtoy depicting a mob from the game. U put this toy on the ground and u could watch it wiggle its bum or something. It was a fad that lasted a long time as everyone bargained with others so they could have an entire set.

It wasnt much but it was fun.
    50 Chaos Warrior on Chaos

I like the toy pet idea.

Or a title like:

"Horizons survivor"
    "Champion of patience"
    "Strength of will incarnated"
    "Only GN could stop him"
    "Shard hopper"
    "Lag fighters"

or

"What evil didwe do to deserve this?" [H]
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Soulfyre

Hmm I like the idea of a title for a reward..

I want a "Novo Amnesiac" title!

And no gnome for me thanks. Might try to figure out how to harness my lightning breath to power his machines, ya know!? I will take a shoulder spider. Good for scaring my mate and handy when I need a toothpick!

i like the title idea

ok we earned 100 tps too but it would be unfair to new players

give us a big event with big WA invasions and then we earned ingame the title too

we invested money and time in HZ, and all who havent leaved because of all the problems of this open beta should get something for it! a symbolical thing!

Rilramar

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfyre
    Hmm I like the idea of a title for a reward..

I want a "Novo Amnesiac" title!

And no gnome for me thanks. Might try to figure out how to harness my lightning breath to power his machines, ya know!? I will take a shoulder spider. Good for scaring my mate and handy when I need a toothpick!
    hmm spider on your shoulder...you really are enjoying the wing buffets and tail slaps now aren't you dear?

Soulfyre

Ahhhhh! Stop following me! *points at Rilramar* Stalker Stalker!!

Thread Information