Thread: Consigner/Pawn Broker Stalls

Default Consigner/Pawn Broker Stalls

I've already submitted this to support but figured I'd share with you all as well.

I'd like to see some new (but old) player buildable structures. They are called Consigner/Pawn Broker Stalls. Basically you are using the various stall models you have in Tazoon only players are able to build them and they would contain consigner/pawn broker NPCs within them.

I personally do not care for the current new consigner/pawn broker tiered buildings. Especially in the higher tiers the massive size of the buildings do not support the lacking listing capacity. So I propose adding in these stalls using the current listing limits of the consigner buildings (with maybe an increase of 5 for T2 and T4 as there is currently none) and increasing the current consigner buildings listing limits to be more in line with their size. The consigner fees and pawn broker rates would still remain the same.

These new consigner/pawn broker stalls would use wood and cloth/leather type construction (I stress the leather construction as there currently are NO structures that require this) and with some good amounts set (larger number of resources needed to make up for the few resource types used) between tiers of materials they can be just as difficult/easy/time consuming to create.

I really think players would love for these types of structures to be able to be buildable. I don't know how many times people have expressed a wanting to use some of the in game buildings on their plot. This would give them that chance to do so and they would make far more sense with the current consigner listing limits than the current structures do.

Default Re: Consigner/Pawn Broker Stalls

Hmm they would make more sense then the great big sprawling but oh so empty buildings we have now.

It would allow me to remove the Tier 4 Pawnie & Connie on my plot, install those and then do a bit of decorating rather then using all available space for overly large structures. [:^)]
    Bori Grimbattle --->The Dwarf
    Sinistre Azazael---> The Fiend
    Adramaleck Flerious--->The Dragon

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

Exactly! The only higher tiered Consigners I have ever seen built are on overly large plots with lots of room to burn. I mean, why bother building a Consigner that will take up 1/3 to all of your plot space when you can build a grandfathered Dwarven Con/PB that is roughly the size of a small tavern? And I've NEVER seen a higher tiered PB built. Again. why bother with the Dwarven one is so much more efficient?

Plus, the current structures are just plain and ugly (no offense to the devs). These stalls are pretty and colorful and are appealing to the eye! Functionality and nice to look at.

And since I didn't list out the consigner listing limits I'd like to see for them I'll do that now (not like I don't have the time lol).

T1 = 10 + 10 for owner
    T2 = 15 + 10 for owner
    T3 = 20 + 10 for owner
    T4 = 25 + 10 for owner
    T5 = 30 + 10 for owner
    T6 = 35 + 10 for owner (would have to make/find a new model for T6 unfortunately)

Then they could increase the current buildings to something like...

T1 = 20 + 10 for owner
    T2 = 25 + 10 for owner
    T3 = 40 + 10 for owner
    T4 = 45 + 10 for owner
    T5 = 60 + 10 for owner
    T6 = 65 + 10 for owner

Something around those lines.. Where the Beginner to Journeyman to Expert/Master tiered structures jumps up 20 more items per tier set (IE T1/2, T3/4, and T5/6 are tier sets) and only jumps up 5 (instead of the current 0) within the tier set (IE T1 > T2 adds 5, T3 > T4 adds 5, T5 > T6 adds 5)

So you would get trade offs for each structure type... You can go for appealing to the eye with smaller listing limits or you can go for plain and not so appealing but with larger listing limits. I realize the T1 and T2 current structures will still most likely get used over the stalls but I can almost gaurantee the stalls will get more use overall than the current buildings will.

Yep! A good idea. And the ones on my plot are defiantely ugly looking. They look like something a dragon made up.....a large dragon......a large dragon that likes to kill me.....a large dragon that likes to kill me whose name begins with A......[:D]

And so after Smeglor comes up with his resource refund I could tear them down and put up something with a bit more color!

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

Yes excellent idea. Instead of consigners could be Market tents. Farmers market of sorts. The builder can rent out the market npc for weekly fee say 5s. And other players could rent out the space without paying consignment fees.
    redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes!

I don't like the weekly fee thing... No one would opt for a stall if there was a weekly fee tied into it. Current consigners do not require fees from the plot owner unless they list items, I don't feel these should either.

I don't want to change the way the Consignment/Pawn Broker system works, just give more appealling structure options to build and make sense of the sizes of the current ones.

Even vaults are overly large in size for what they can hold. I mean compare what a level 5 Vault holds to what a Level 100 Backpack holds.

I would like to see a vault with bars on the windows...the glint of gold from inside and huge Guard dog at the door...

So Snowdonia...find something nice looking to replace the vaults with, will you?

[:D]

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

Quote Originally Posted by Bori Grimbattle
    Even vaults are overly large in size for what they can hold. I mean compare what a level 5 Vault holds to what a Level 100 Backpack holds.

I would like to see a vault with bars on the windows...the glint of gold from inside and huge Guard dog at the door...

So Snowdonia...find something nice looking to replace the vaults with, will you?

[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]
    Not technically true. A vault contains roughly what a level 100 backpack holds, but it holds one such entry for each and every player character on your shard.

Now, given that, a vault is tiny compared to what it actually holds...

Awesome idea, Snowdonia!

In DAOC they had machines, vault keepers and merchants that you could add to the structures. Why not do something like this? The tier of the building can determine how many machines andvaults?

I'd have to find a suitable enough building with a reasonable footprint but I know I'd prefer an inside vault-front like the ones in Aughundell, Feladan, or Tazoon (Tazoon actually has 3 or four vault-fronts circled around eachother back to back but the building is huge!). Put that inside a reasonably sized, nice looking building and you got it made!

I like the idea of the stalls I would even consider putting a connie/pawn broker on my plot if these were buildable.

I don't know if we need tiered versions though.

Would be fun to see a player built marketplace that looked like a street market and was used

The current tiered buildings are great for the increased capacity but so empty inside :( and the vault building is imo obscenely large.
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

I am but a simple dragon who doesnt even own a plot, but in Dalimond there is a conny + vault in 1 building, Kion has 1 conny and 2 PB in 1 building...

If some of the buildings are so extremely large...
    Why dont the devs create something to combine various npc's in 1 single building...
    Standard buildings on the outside, but players determine the placement and size of rooms and thus the placement of the NPC's within the building...
    It would be like managing the various buildings on the plot, only within 1 single building and it would make the large and ugly buildings at least a little more efficient...

Just my thought, but then again I never owned a plot so wouldnt know anything about it and might just be talking bull...
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Dwarf Med Shop has connie and pb and its not too too big. See Nim's place in Desert's Edge. It's a connie/pb mall.

The Saris shop has both too, but its bigger I believe.

BUMP! Cuz I still feel this is 1) a good idea for new structures and 2) a good idea for player built consigner limits!

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdonia Honeythorn
    BUMP! Cuz I still feel this is 1) a good idea for new structures and 2) a good idea for player built consigner limits!
    Good idea ... nay, GREAT IDEA!!! Something about using caravan style tents instead of the "Big Business" Starbucks building excites me.

If we could only have ideas like this pinned in here. ;)
    Master of the "Veiled Insult" .... Observe
    [veil]Your Mother was a hamster and your Father smells of elderberries[/veil]

Sslik medium trade shop has NO NOPC's in it... let them fix that first..
    And second.. why not split up the dome in tazoon in 100 little plots so everyone
    can buy his little marketplace plot where he can sell his items... his crafted items of found loots..
    i think there will be FAR more use of player built consigners if they're close to each.
    If a smart miner just makes sure he refills his stock each week players start to remember it and tell it to each other. That way there will be more interaction... I admit, it should not be in tazoon, but there's enough place to make a shopping mall, even more then one.....
    Summary ;) Each town should have a big marketplace with little plots (5x5) to build a players consigner (or tiered plots for tiered consigners) on. As second plot. (no much problem for Unity DB :P )
    Royall on Order / Royal_wind_unity, Royall on Chaos
    Dinsdag on EU-Evernight (LOTRO)

Snow - great idea using the bazaar styles - I hate the current tiered buildings
    Putter'er of Crafts and Near Miss-Adventurer on Chaos
    Guild Leader - Council of War
    C.O.W. : "Milking the WA Daily....fear the cow"

Bump cuz it went off the first page!

*and sekritly hopes for some Dev feedback too but will live without it*

Thread Information