Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: when will KNoCs finally get a socket aequivalent?

Default Re: when will KNoCs finally get a socket aequivalent?

Well I conceed.

Obviously we KnoC's are so perfectly balanced we truely need not be modified. But could we please get all of the other classes balanced around us so that we are not alone in this.

I feel so alone here at the top of the perfectly balanced list.

12, Knocs are the best 1hs/shield fighters in the game. 10/level in both +blessing of istaria which boosts armour, 1hs and shield if memory serves.

There sword does do more damage but it also has a higher delay (42 if I remember correctly) than most 1hs weapons (~30).

The shield has more armour and eth armour but can not increase block and has the same block across all 10 versions (should be fixed).

The sword could benefit from a socket imo and it wouldn't be over powering. If I was making design changes on the knoc though it wouldn't be the top of my list of changes.
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

you know guys... I don't really know why are all so negative because all we ask for is ONE SOCKET

it's not that we ask for the same options, that can be used on a 1Handed Sword... only a small fluffy socket.

it's not that ONE crystal would make us overpowered (as if there was such as overpowered in this game anyway... we do not PvP, do we?)

It's more of the following thing... I try to put it this way:

There are crystals that can be found to be equipped in swords, etc.. So: basically melee classes profit from this. The KNoC is THE sword class over all! So it would be only natural we could also benefit from these crystals.

besides... when we do equip a crafted sword we do not use our "premiere" ability we get every 5 levels.... is there something comparable in any other class that you do not use your given abilities of your class when fighting with crystals?

I would love someone to post the stats of the best 1Handed Sword ...

Tier V sword + Parry V + Power Strike V + Socket

against the Level 100 KNoC sword.

I am not 100 yet so I cannot do it.
    -- || knoccest of the tailors. period.

lvl 95 Long Sword has a damage output of 42-82, and a delay of 30.

Parry tech would be +16.
    Socket would be a socket.
    Power Strike would be +10 attack, +50 attack skill for the Power Strike ability only.
    1hs tech would be +25.
    Str tech would be +25.

Those are the most common techs I get asked for when making weapons..
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

Quote Originally Posted by Scarn_de_Diabolic
    But then what is the purpose of the summoned special sword if they throw mobs at us that are immune to its effect. Lets create some mobs that are immune to dragons breath then.
    Neither Talisman's nor WD crystals workin conjuntion with spell casting [some crystals used to,none do now ]. At least you have a valid option. A mage with staff [ 5 skill / lv ] is just cannonfodder to those satyr isle special beasties.

Robots are immune to spirit damage makeing spiritist and bloodmage useless vs them as well.
    Also for the 0 damage comment. The talisman doesn't turn your damage to 0 vs all other mobs. So Guaran doesn't know what he's talking about. All it does is make your weapon able to effect the mobs.
    That was changed at least 6 months ago. Guaran is correct.
    *Note on comments about Pulseing Spectrum. That was also altered pre-merge. It now has new name, does 1/2 previous damage, 5% chance to activate and lasts 15secs. It is no longer the Uber Stone it once was [ thank the stars ]. Most melee don't use it even when they have it in inv.

I guess I would support a socket for summoned weapons if it cost the KNOC the same thing it costs me. If I have a socket put into a weapon, that means I have to do without what ever other tech I could have put there, power strike, parry, dodge, whatever tech I don't have because I have the socket.

What are KNOC willing to give up to get the socket?

No. As a KnoC you have choices. You can choose to equip your uber damage summoned sword, OR you can use a mundane crafted or blighted sword. As a previous poster already pointed out, KnoCs are already the premiere sword-wielding class. They are powerful and balanced. When multiclassed with mage levels they become incredibly powerful. They do not need any buffs in the form of a socket in their summoned blade.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

Quote Originally Posted by Fireclaw
    No. As a KnoC you have choices. You can choose to equip your uber damage summoned sword, OR you can use a mundane crafted or blighted sword. As a previous poster already pointed out, KnoCs are already the premiere sword-wielding class. They are powerful and balanced. When multiclassed with mage levels they become incredibly powerful. They do not need any buffs in the form of a socket in their summoned blade.
    You're a dragon, what do you know [:D]
    :P

/sarcasm off
    Twelvebagger
    12x100. <-- I did monk!
    Twelvebagger's Mistress (pinkie!)
    Redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes! (*Hands Beer to NimK)

Thread Information