Thread: HELP!! Cant Download GAME(S)!

Teara

Default HELP!! Cant Download GAME(S)!

hello i have a annoying problem i want to download the horizons 7 day free trial but i have heard romours that you have to enter your CREDIT CARD to activate the free trials and possibly a long registerforum [8-)] plus it takes up to 1 GB
    i dont have my geneforce graphics card any more since other programs cant cope with it. so will the game still work without it?

i alsowanted to download anarchy online since it had a 1 month or 8 month free trial but when i looked at the download require ments i paused it said i needed BITORRENT.
    While you may be saying "ah well no big deal i bet it just helps it download faster"
    thats what i thought too untill i saw it run on dads computer.

Come and see. Spyware annoyingteen popups poping up everywhere when dad used bittorent to search for downloads and download them almost all of the downloads where FAKE while annoying pop ups kept bugging him to download unknown software

so is this anarchy online fake do i needto buy acd to activate it?is it worth it or can i download it without bitorrent? if so can i download anarchy online or horrizons without a 3D ghrapics card?

i just want some advice since i im having some problems downloading some cool games. [*-)]

Teara

Default Re: HELP!! Cant Download GAME(S)!

can any one help me here :(

Just realised this still said Ice....oopsie

As Kumu has said Bitorrent does not install spyware. As for downloads being fake-dont use those sites in future then. I use Bitorrent on a regular basis and I have no such problems.
    Cant comment on anything regarding Anarcy Online (but this is the Horizons forum...). Best try the Anarchy Online website/forums.
    And if you dont have a 3D graphics card I dont think you will be able to play Horizons. Im curious what you mean by other programs cant cope with one....
    And yes Horizons does take up at least a GB of hard drive space.
    Give Unity the support it deserves!

Teara

my computer is

intel(R) celeron(R)
    CPU 2.00 GHz
    1.99 GHz, 224 of ram

i hope thats enough

and why some programs will not cope with my 3d acell card well it is because it is another OS system so dad had to find out to shove my 3d card in and make the other OS system ignore it. so untill then no card. [:'(] [:'(]

Teara

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua
    Sure.

BitTorrent has nothing to do with the problems of spyware and other stuff. Lack of knowledge in it's use is the problem there.

For Horizons, you will need a credit card to play the 7 day trial as when the trial is up, you are charged for a subscription unless you cancel. (Pretty standard in the MMORPG industry).

I suggest you download a spyware removal program or 2 and clean up your computer before you do anything.

Also, these are the minimum specifications for your computer to even be able to run the software:

850 MHz or faster Pentium III / AMD Athlon processor, 256 MB or more RAM, 64 MB or greater supported Direct 3D and Hardware T&L capable video card / Intel Extreme Graphics 2 (with 2GHz or higher system processor), DirectX 8.1a or greater and a dial-up Internet connection.

Our recommended specs are a 1.4 GHz Pentium IV / AMD Athlon processor, 512MB RAM, GeForce 3 / Radeon 9000 or greater, DirectX 8.1a, and a DSL or Cable modem Internet connection.

(Taken from www.istaria.com)
    what kind of bittorrent are you using?

imy dad was using a bittorrent that finds serials and cracks (yes my dad is that mad.)is that why it brought so much spyware and ad ware crap?

i im sure as hell the program was called BITORRENT.

Teara

games dont even cross his mind plus he was just playing around with the serials anyway (still suspisous doe) that still doesnt answer my question weather there are diferent kinds of bittorent
    weahter i needto buy a anarchy online CD/have a 3D acelerator to play anarchy for 1 month free trial
    and kumu can you please tell others and you to stop using that sig, its offensive. it is almost as 2 humans are, plahh forget it.

Didn't we go through part of this before?

http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=63031

Your previous machine couldn't run the game (this has changed?), and you do have to have a Credit Card - it's a subscription service, not a public one. Your spyware issues are not particular to Horizons, it's part of the big bad internet nowadays - you should use some protection software like Norton on Microsoft's spyware beta thingie or others. Plus safe practice policies, as other allude to.

I think you're stuck until you buy a new computer.

Foxfire Godspell, Ice Queen of Istaria, Dark Defenders
    Manta Guild Community @ Collinswood
    Knoc/Conj, Mastercraftswoman -and-
    Ravagice, Horde Fueled WunderWyrm

This is not Anarchy Online.

REAL BitTorrent clients don't have spyware/adware.

Looking for crackz/serialz is generally tied with with illicit activities and won't win you any sympathy here.

Here's some web site links for you:

BitTorrent home: http://www.bittorrent.com

Ad-aware home: http://www.lavasoft.de

AVG Anti-virus home: http://www.grisoft.com

Anarchy-Online home: http://www.anarchyonline.com

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

As I said before, and Maltavorn also said this is NOT Anarchy Online. Go ask on their forums. Yes there are other torrent programs, try googling for them.
    Most spyware/virus infections on a high level are caused by using illegal sites/********. It is not bitorrent causing it.
    Without a 3D card and that small amount of RAM you will not be able to play Horizons, as the PC does not match the minimum specs.
    And as for Kumu's sig...its up to the moderators if they wish to remove it. I dont find offensive personally.

Teara

FirefoxSaid:
    Didn't we go through part of this before?

http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=63031

Your previous machine couldn't run the game (this has changed?), and you do have to have a Credit Card - it's a subscription service, not a public one. Your spyware issues are not particular to Horizons, it's part of the big bad internet nowadays - you should use some protection software like Norton on Microsoft's spyware beta thingie or others. Plus safe practice policies, as other allude to.

I think you're stuck until you buy a new computer
    ----------------------

yes i believe we did firefoxbut i will put it as simple as possable at what happend to my comp

Before:
    400 cpu 256 ram 300 mb space

After:
    2.00 GHz 254(super) ram overa ton ofGb space [:D] but without my graphics card [:'(]

-----------------------------------------
    Daedra said:
    As I said before, and Maltavorn also said this is NOT Anarchy Online. Go ask on their forums. Yes there are other torrent programs, try googling for them.
    Most spyware/virus infections on a high level are caused by using illegal sites/********. It is not bitorrent causing it.
    Without a 3D card and that small amount of RAM you will not be able to play Horizons, as the PC does not match the minimum specs.
    And as for Kumu's sig...its up to the moderators if they wish to remove it. I dont find offensive personall
    ------------------

firstly let me put this *very*clear to you daedra
    I CAN NOT REGISTER A FREE ACCOUNT AT ANARCHY ONLINE! they wont let me register a free account to talk on the anarchy online boards maybe i have to download the game first i dunoo which brings us back to the other problem

DO YOU NEED TO BUY A ANARCHY ONLINE CD TO RUN THE GAME OR CAN YOU RUN WITH OUT THE CD OR 3D ACELLERATOR. [:@][:@][:@]

*[C]drinks a cup of coke to releave anger[C]*

Teara

[li]common some one answermy questions [8-)][li]

No one here knows about Anarchy Online because this is the HORIZONS FORUM! Don't try and get angry with me just because you clearly missed this information. Look for an e-mail address or fan site to get the info-we CANNOT help you. I am perfectly clear on what you asking but you arent listening to what you are being told!

I'll just add that if you are surfing without a fully updated Windows and/or without a firewall (the toy 'firewall' that comes with XP doesn't count), you are just asking for trouble, especially if you are on an always-on connection - DSL or cable. A poorly protected computer can get infected in a matter of minutes. You don't need to do anything but turn your computer on. The worms will find you and infect you if you have no basic defenses.

Also, since Pharcellus' link to AO homepage was obviously too intimidating, try this direct link to Anarchy Online forums. I should also add that Tulga Games, creator of this game, Horizons, has nothing to with Anarchy Online nor are they in any way associated with each other, so requesting tech support here will not solve your problems (whatever they might be, I skipped over them).

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Quote Originally Posted by Teara
    [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-60.gif[/img]common some one answermy questions [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-43.gif[/img][img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-60.gif[/img]
    No. Go away. [:@][8o|]

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcellus
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Teara wrote:[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-60.gif[/img]common some one answermy questions [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-43.gif[/img]" />[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-60.gif[/img]

No. Go away. [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-12.gif[/img][img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-39.gif[/img]
    Oh come now, let him/her stay.
    Soon this will get moved to rants, and we can all pretend it didn't happen!

:)
    -Digit Dryad
    Chaos

Thread Information