Thread: My wings are tired...

Default My wings are tired...

Wow, i've been flying out here in the maple treant area, for *looks at clock* almost 2 hours now. Have killed enough regular/sapling treants to almost near get me a level *am 77* and have killed 5....yes 5 Massive treants. And i've picked the area clean. I don't know if its just a low spawn rate...or what but apperently other people have been complaining that there are never any massives out there..

Perhaps some encouragement is needed to get more massives to show their ugly faces? Or do i just smell? *sniffs*
    -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
    100/100 Dragon
    Following the Path of Lunus
    Journeyman Lairshaper
    -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-

Default Re: My wings are tired...

Couple of pointers for you.

Land once ia awhile. A simple flyby will seldom spawn them in before you leave the area.

Major spawn points:

Over the mountain from the Harton Valley Trade center. Park yourself there for a few.

Up the first ridge east from the burnt out Town/Tower. Quite a few will spawn but it also takes a bit it seems.

From that point to the first is a northeast direction. Go about midways (there should be a nice clearing) and wait a few.

Just west up the hill from the Essence Circle although the spawn of Massives there seem to be less.

Just before the ramp towards the Dali Ridge southwest from Sanctuary Bay is also a good spot.

Oh, one more. The road heading to Tazoon, of the right hand side so you are in an area north and west of the burnt out town.

Hope that helps. cannot give cords as I am at work. [;)]
    Bori Grimbattle --->The Dwarf
    Sinistre Azazael---> The Fiend
    Adramaleck Flerious--->The Dragon

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

I've flown, i've walked. I've flown from Tazoon to Dalimond and back again....I find PLENTY of spawns...but they are all regulars/saplings. Just no massives. The spawn amounts aren't the problem...just they aren't spawning any massives :(
    -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
    100/100 Dragon
    Following the Path of Lunus
    Journeyman Lairshaper
    -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-

Hmmm Maybe you need somebody to chop down a few trees. Bori never seemed to have a problem finding massives while cutting maples.....[:D]

Thats about all I can suggest unless there is one spot you have not checked where abide all the massives that were supposed to spawn.
    Bori Grimbattle --->The Dwarf
    Sinistre Azazael---> The Fiend
    Adramaleck Flerious--->The Dragon

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

I've long suspected that the spawn frequencies are not random. Several times, I've sent alts into the bronze golem area and each time, I've noticed the following pattern.

When the character's rating is in the mid teens, there are more 19-20 bronze boulder golems than 11-18 combined.

As soon as the character hits 20 and gets the quest where you need to kill 20 rating mobs, they're extremely hard to find...

I have a simular problemwithSslion...

He is still young and lives mostly in New Brommel.
    My problem happens when I have been doing some blacksmith crafting and wanna do some flax.
    When Iforget to switch school there are 20+ flax plants in a very small area, butwhen I switch my school to outfitter and return there is an average of 1 or 2 plants in the entire field.

I had this 2 or 3 times now... Kinda works demotivating...
    I am allowed to craft, but am not allowed to get xp for it...
    I can but I must have angelic patience (something like 5-6 walks around the field for 1 plant)...
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by cattoy
    I've long suspected that the spawn frequencies are not random. Several times, I've sent alts into the bronze golem area and each time, I've noticed the following pattern.

When the character's rating is in the mid teens, there are more 19-20 bronze boulder golems than 11-18 combined.

As soon as the character hits 20 and gets the quest where you need to kill 20 rating mobs, they're extremely hard to find...
    Noticed that on more then one occasion. Way back when there was a concentration of human and elf ghosts of different adventuring classes near dalimond. The first time I wandered threw the area I died because there were so many ghosts elven and human. Then I got the dragon task to go kill 20 human ghosts, when I got there there was 1 human ghost and 15 elven. I thought, just my bad luck I followed after someone else who just completed that quest. So I killed elven waiting for a repop, in 4 hours of killing elven I had seen and killed 5 human ghosts. Just me now mind you, there was no one else there. So after a few nights of that silliness I completed that quest. I turned it in and got the next adventure task to kill 20 elven ghosts. I'm thinking, wahoo! theres tons of them around. So I go back to that area not 3 or 4 minutes later and theres 15 human ghosts and 1 elven.

And that was the first time I noticed, since then just about every quest that happens with.
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Surely HZ can't read our minds...But sometimes it really seems that way...

Need 5 sand pygmy beatsticks? Only sand ogres spawn...

Need to kill 10 mithril golems? Only mithril boulder golems show up...

Working on weaver? The silk field dries up...

Need 24 mithril golem fragments? You get 300k of hoardables, 32 trinkets, 2 forms and 3 frags...

A dragon in need of hoardables? 15 biped forms, 12 biped techs, 29 trinkets, 14 golem frags and 3 lesser hoardable items...

Need to kill a named? Nowhere to be found...

Crafting in a field? The named hasa patrol path that blocks every avenue of escape...

So, this says one of two things...either HZ has some way of finding out (through telepathy or some wierd coding) what we need and doesn't let that drop, or else we only notice a lack of something when we need it most...

I'm voting the former myself, cause I was hunting golems and getting frags right and left, then as soon as someone asked me for some and I needed two more...Wouldn't you know it, 80k hoardables,a dragon form, 6 trinkets, lots of trophiesand2 hours later I have gotten those last two frags...
    Death is the ultimate dilemma and integral to the beliefs and behavior of every culture. Life is bore on the corpses of the dead. Without death, there would be no motivation to do anything. The only emotion would be existing. Life would be pestilent and agonizing.

Ssilmath Torshak
    Paladin of Kass, Master Armorsmith

That's easy then Ssil..

"I DON'T want any Blue/Red Vexator Fringes."

"I'd LOVE to see Mhedon blocking my safe passage."
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

Thread Information