Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Developer Notice: Blight Maintenance

Default Re: Developer Notice: Blight Maintenance

So the consigner change is 150 total items. But the consigners are not sharing their database, so you can put 150 on Kion, and be done, but people still have to go to Kion (that is the way I am reading it). Thought they were doing a shared consigner thing. Still good.

It looks like all database changes (increasing numbers, fixing weightings changing mobs) so we can hope that some progress is being made on the ARoP.

-Digit Dryad
    Chaos

One of a series of patches that responds directly (and positively) to players' requests. I am pleased to see that attitude shift as much as I am pleased with the content. The change of attitude gives me more hope for the game's successful future than I've ever had before.

The spell and formula book limit revisions and the consigner changes remove irritants, and should help game play. (And low level spell crafters should see an influx of orders. ) The teleporting with disk is a beginning effort to break the equating of crafting with tedium and running, and is a very important experiment. And the tutorial improvements are critical, I think, to the game's future.

I believe that there should be some means for the less accomplished to level. For the slow of hand anddim of eye, there needs to be some relatively easier prey. Leaving the necroflies as is (although I have never hunted them specifically, so I'm a bit vague on the details ) doesn't bother me. For a game to succeed, everyone has to succeed, even the somewhat handicapped. We see the accomplished blades posting, requesting ever harder foes to allow them to distinguish themselves ever further from the less accomplished peons, but those who are unable, for whatever reason, to level at a "normal" rate with "normal" critters will rarely, if ever, post. But despite their silence, do not let their interest be forgotten.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Huge [Y][Y][Y][Y][Y] [:P][;)][;)][:P][8-|] [Y][Y][Y][Y]

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BZ, TG

[Y][B]

Default Spellbook Limit is increased to 200.

CURRENTLY ON THE BLIGHT TESTING SERVER [img]/images/com_images/postingsBox/div.jpg[/img] Date: 5/5/2005 [img]/images/com_images/spacer.gif[/img]

The following fixes, updates, and changes were made to the Blight Testing Server on 05 May 2005:[*]Spellbook Limit is increased to 200.

Still too low.

Take a character that is cleric (augmenttation & life)and mage(energy, fire, ice & mind), and that has to keep spell for each level, because of secondary class or casting on lower ranking group member is too low.

Cleric # of spell ... 36 x 5 = 180
    Mage # of spell ...36 x 5 = 180

Hope you don't plan to learn a 3rd magic class or learn tier 6 spells.
    Nalrach, Healer & Guardian, Member of the "Iron Circle" guild
    Ramti, Friendly draggy trying to wake-up from long nap.

Default Re: Spellbook Limit is increased to 200.

Actually Nalrach, I'm a 100 Chaos Warrior and a 100 Cleric, and the only sub-Tier V spells I kept are the Gifts, Enhances and Raises to cast on other, lower level folks. Because, in my view anyway, multi-classing is too easy as it is, I deleted all healing spells (7 of them, not counting Purify) below Tier V as I just don't have a need for them other than to make multi-classing even more outrageously easy than it already is.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Dunno I had enough space to fit just about every t5 biped spell into my book, previoulsy. The increase gives me space to add a few low level gifts, and some of the less useful spells, in the hope that they become more useful eventually.
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

Okincreased some numbers on formulas, techs, and connies. How long did that take 15 minutes?

Gonna be monitoring the fyakkis, tarantulas and flies? This has had everyone's panties in a ruffle for months! So instead of giving less incentive to fight these critters for powergamers. You gonna punish the average Joe by throwin some goofy stuns on them or some other bonehead way of making them harder. Perfect!

Switching numbers around may be a great achievement for some but I kind of expected more. Sorry I had to be negative. But if I gonna stick with my feelings that this game has great potential, some piddly number changing and announcing that they are finally looking into months old problem dont cut it.

New loot tables and undead hordes.

NimKhazad

redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes!

I'm sorry to say that, but I totaly agree NimKhazad. 6 months for a quest (arop)and just a small part of it is in testing and live?! nothing major, just fluff [:@]
    Tulga has to get better if they want more customers [:(]

I'll start to get happy when lairs, arop and general quests get in. all these recent patchs are just additions that had to be in long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalyr
    Actually Nalrach, I'm a 100 Chaos Warrior and a 100 Cleric, and the only sub-Tier V spells I kept are the Gifts, Enhances and Raises to cast on other, lower level folks. Because, in my view anyway, multi-classing is too easy as it is, I deleted all healing spells (7 of them, not counting Purify) below Tier V as I just don't have a need for them other than to make multi-classing even more outrageously easy than it already is.
    Not sure what spell Chaos warrior get. But I'm Healer / spiritist / guardians (which get nature spell) ... and when we get the 100 level unlocked I planned to continue healer, and with most my heal spell teched, I don't planned to delete many. To make space for Nature spell, I had to delete all surge, all raise, most enheance spell, and the low level gift spell, which means I cannot at this time buff low level characters.

This annoys me greatly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalrach
    Take a character that is cleric (augmenttation & life)and mage(energy, fire, ice & mind), and that has to keep spell for each level, because of secondary class or casting on lower ranking group member is too low.

first things first, mage also gets summoning. moving on:

your just going to have to choose which class you want to play more. interesting example, since a cleric with mage can use hardly any mage spells, and a mage with cleric can use very few cleric spells (more than the other way around, but still)

however you do not need to keep every tier of the mage spells. two tiers is more than enough, even for a pure mage.

I think 200 is plenty.
    torvos: shadow/chaos shard (on vacation)
    100 mage/100 wizard/100 sorcerer/100 conjuror
    96 chaos warrior
    100 enchanter & member of the dark council

Explorer 86%, Socializer 46%,
    Killer 40%, Achiever 26%

100 spell spellbook. Many reached that limit - some adapted by thinking, some refused to and whined. A developer posted on Tazoon (forgot name, but likely Amon as he posts a lot now, so likely did then) asking players "Why do you need more than 100 readied spells?"

Few replies to justify (or that I remember). If any opt to take the effort to search, posts will be found here asking players to justify a limit higher than 100.

Now the limit is increased to 200, likely factoring in later tier VI spells. Well, and keep players happy that took the MC feature further than planned/intended by AE then and TulgAE now.

And still, I am sure, players will refuse to think and scribespells(properly techniqued) wisely and whine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalrach
    Still too low.

JFA/J.F.A.

Edit: At least the 200 limit supports DB's roleswapping vision more.How many tier V and VI spells does a character need to fill that vision? Someone at TulgAE must have figured that, to derive a value close to that 200.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

ok i have 3 casting classes

bloodmage/healer/druid

i dont have all spells scribed but why should i? im a multiclasser but how long are you t1-t3? not long enough to use a new hotkey bar for the lower spells

now with the increase i can scribe even low lvl buffs for friends

ok at the moment the spell book is real limited but with 200 i dont see any problem any more =)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaraiden
    100 spell spellbook. Many reached that limit - some adapted by thinking, some refused to and whined. A developer posted on Tazoon (forgot name, but likely Amon as he posts a lot now, so likely did then) asking players "Why do you need more than 100 readied spells?".
    Yes, I adpated my thinking .. Oh! your a low level schmuck .. go away I have no buff for you.

I'm a healer / spiritist / guardians ... I intent to return to healer when the cap is raised, so I certainly will not delete my tech healing spell to make place for the new nature spell I'm learning as guardians. As is, all my spiritist spell are only my last level that I can cast as healer(mostly tec spell, and only half the he spell available). I had to delete all thesurge spell which were usefull when someone was that short of optimized crafting.As to thebuff I have to offer to team mate,I reach a compromise of t3 & t5 gift and only the enhance tier I can cast depending of current class since their not teched.

My spell book currently has 3 empty slots, that are the buffer zone to learn & delete new spell level.

On the same wave as the comment of ; "Why do you need more than 100 readied spells?". You can ask " "Why do you need 1000 readied techniques?". Simply because low level characters do come and ask for the stangest thing. They want to experiment with that or that tec on this gear/spell. And because people have more then one craft school.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaraiden
    Now the limit is increased to 200, likely factoring in later tier VI spells. Well, and keep players happy that took the MC feature further than planned/intended by AE then and TulgAE now.

Edit: At least the 200 limit supports DB's roleswapping vision more.
    MC feature / DB's roleswapping .. I have no clue what your talking about.

I'm aware that Tulga want's to kill any cross use of skills when you switch class, If that is what your talking about.Personnaly, I'm conviced itwill be the nail in the coffin, but that is my view.

Tier VI ... Yeap ... which means I will probably bedeleting my V's.

One of the consequences of the Great Exodus is that our guild hunts now include a great range of levels. We can no longer field 7 or 8 level 20-30's of various schools for one hunt party. So with new players coming into the guild, we will haveboth high and low level players in the party; and depending on the luck of the draw that evening, there may well be no lower level players capable of buffing. With the expanded spell books, the higher level players can afford to carry a variety of low level buff spells. This will restore a fairly important feature of the game
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Like most in the last time: Great work and a step in the right direction! Thanks a lot.
    Kharuum / Caramia Unity
    Whenever an Optimist sees a ligth which isnt really there, there allways is an pesimist who blows it out.
    Giovanni Guareschi

Thread Information