Thread: Training Points - ???

Balagor

Default Training Points - ???

No mention of training points in the manual, and the only references here are clearly out of date. Also, hitting the ? on the training screen gave no help. So what follows are my limited observations and guesses.

At this point I have 48 training points. It looks like I get 12 training points per Adventure Class level (I assume highest Adventure level, but as a single-class newbie, I only have 1 Adventure Class, Cleric 4). I also have some retraining points, that are announced when I log on, so I suspect the Max points is based on level again (since the number has grown), but may accumulate/refil over time.

I assume therefore, that I can use training points to improve the trainable skills listed on the training screen, and can use retrain points to buy points back. If I am correct that retrain points recover over time, it would be theoretically possible to respec training many times over the course of a character's career.

How close am I to reality ? Since there is no current coverage elsewhere, it might be useful for a knowledgeable person to add a guide on them in the guide section.

Thanks,
    Balagor
    Dwarven Cleric and Crafting Monkey

Default Re: Training Points - ???

You are correct on all accounts. Training points are acquired 12 per level, only your highest level counting. Buyback points, I forget how many you get per level, but they recover over time after you have used them. Note that skills cost 3 TPs per raise, statistics 4 TPs and health 1 TP.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Default Re: Training Points - ???

Many features were added after game release, training points being one of them. Also the feature to drop adventure classes. So they won't be found in the manual.

I'd suggest looking closer at the www.istaria.com site, especially the Update and News sections.

Parts of the printed manual and Official Strategy Guide are extremely dated or incorrect or just not implemented. Good point, I hope the downloadable manual is current - need to see. Nope, dated 9/12/2003.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Thread Information