Thread: Logging help

Default Logging help

Ok, a long time ago I turned all logging off to increase performance and now I can't remember how to turn it back on. *chuckles* Does anyone remember what file(s) I have to edit and what I have to change?

I've fiddled around with the prefs\order_xxx\ClientPrefs_Main.def file but I can't get it to work right. It seems that no matter what I change I end up with an empty chat log and a large net log (among other things). I just want to make the net log go away and to have the chat log actually log things.

Thanks in advance :)
    Tympest Stormchaser
    100/100 Ancient Lunus Dragon - Retired
    Erus Ex Istaria - Order

Default Re: Logging help

Should be a toggle in the Options window on the last tab that has a logging checkbox or two. Not sure if there are any /setprefs that change log settings that aren't the same as the Options toggle(s).

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Try

/setpref logsenabled true

to turn them on. False of course to turn them off. Failing that go to your characters prefs folder and open the ClientPrefs_Main.def file and change the bool logsEnabled entry manually.

If you don't want the other logs turned on change the following lines to false:

bool logPositionMessages
    bool logPingMessages
    bool debugLogsEnabled
    bool combatLogsEnabled

Thanks guys, you would think those settings would turn on and off their respective logs but they didn't. Setting logsenabled true/false seems to turn only the net log on and off, and setting combatLogsEnabled to true didn't do anything by itself.

I finally fixed this by copying my mate's ClientPrefs_Main.def file over, his settings are:
    bool logsEnabled = false
    bool logPositionMessages = true
    bool logPingMessages = true
    bool debugLogsEnabled = true
    bool combatLogsEnabled = true

This gives me just the chat log, a couple lines in the debug log, and that xml file. I have no clue why this works, but it does.... I guess you have to enable debug logs, ping messages, or position messages to get a chat log? [^o)]
    Tympest Stormchaser
    100/100 Ancient Lunus Dragon - Retired
    Erus Ex Istaria - Order

Well isn't that really dumb? LOL You'd think they would make is easy peasy to get the game to only enable chat logs. Aw well, glad you got it sorted at any rate. :)

Thread Information