Thread: Old Player thinking about coming back

ShaggyB

Default Old Player thinking about coming back

Greetings everyone.

I purchased Horizons when it originally came out. In fact, I pre-ordered it. I really enjoyed the game mainly because of the crafting. Currently I am playing WoW and I do enjoy it and the crafting system is decent, but not as good as Horizons. I am thinking about giving Horizons another try. However, I have read alot of information that Horizons is slowly dieing. Plus I have read that crafting at low levels is no longer feasible because there is no one to buy your product. I would really appreciate some honest feedback from those of you still playing. Let me know what Horizons is really like now and is crafting still a viable activity, something where people will actually buy my stuff?

Thank you for your time.

imported_Stromgard

Default Re: Old Player thinking about coming back

Hello ShaggyB,

I think your assessment is pretty much spot on. If you're basing your decision mainly on crafting and selling items other to a pawn broker you will be probably disappointed. I spent time stocking NB and Dalimond with reaping potions, I's and II's, for about 3 or 4 months after the merge to give help to new players. Unfortunately it got to the point where I was getting too many returned back to my vault after a week.I can't speak for armor and weapons but potions should beone of the highest volume movers and I was encountering some problems, and it wasn't a case of me throwing on 300 of one kind. I usually put 20-50 of each. I did recently make up a batch of II's and threw them on Aug connie andI didn't get any of them back much to my surprise. Hopefully others will tell of their experiences to help you out on your decision. Best of luck.

ShaggyB

Stromgard,

Thanks for the response. Anybody else, please keep them coming. I would like to hear a variety of opinions. Like you said, I have heard good news that some people are starting to come back. I hope that is the case.

Well crafting through the low levels is boring IMO. It's only the ability to craft higher level items and structures that keeps me going. Eventually I want to buy and build on my own plot and contribute to other peoples plots.

The consignors are all pretty much empty, I've stocked a few and items move very slowly. I've included a suggestion for keeping consignors well stocked, see the suggestions forum.

At low levels of crafting you are best of making items and doing the crafter quests to gain xp and imperial lore tokens. I found this to be a good way to level up and obtain useful formula.

From lvl 18-22 I've just been doing the construct / deconstruct routine to gain xp fast [H]
    Fleshrend - Chaos Server
    94 Cleric 12 Warrior 10 monk 8 mage
    100 Blacksmith 100 Mason 91 tinkerer 100 Carpenter 100 Fitter 80 Scholar 73 spellcrafter 41 gatherer 49 Miner

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

I'm on the construction end of crafting, personally. My guild has several active projects ranging from member, ally, paying, and nonpaying. We are also members of the WorldProjects team and there are still many projects in the process on Order shard. Tiers 1 and 2 items are very highly needed because much of the building going on relies on 1 and 2 so often. We also enjoy getting teams together to do a build, often requesting aid from non-construction people to do the gathering and processing so our builders can take processed goods and make construction units to haul. Those kind of teams really move projects along.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

imported_Stromgard

I think from shaggy's wording, and I could be wrong here,that what he/she was looking for was an opportunity to create and sell items to other players. The level gains would come from sales of the merchandising of wares and not sitting and grinding to make goods for a pawnbroker. I can relate to this since I have done nothing on my UO account in 4 years other than to make items and restock my vendors. If this is what shaggy had in mind then the opportunities, especially on the lower end, are very limited at this time.

i can only speak for Unity but the Consi in NB allways semm to need a little bit stocking, The problem is not that there are no low level Players. Its more they dont find enough items to buy for their level.
    Kharuum / Caramia Unity
    Whenever an Optimist sees a ligth which isnt really there, there allways is an pesimist who blows it out.
    Giovanni Guareschi

Agreed!

We have quite a few low level and mid level players on Chaos who spend a lot of time trying to get a decent set of gear together.
    Gliding Frost
    Dark Defenders
    Adult May 16, 2004
    Ancient October 2005

Thread Information