Thread: Bluescreens/garbled Polygons onscreen

Andir

Default Bluescreens/garbled Polygons onscreen

I get the game downloaded, setup and try to play but I can't click the button...simple solution here, I use Firefox...I dust off IE, it goes fine. So it's a little annoying to have to open IE for one particular game...but I live with it.

I start up the game, create my character and start the tutorial. Blue screen. I reboot, start the tutorial and it continues on.

I get to the area with the "class" selection. Choose scout, and attack the monster. All is good, until I pan my camera around and bleh. Polygons all over the screen. I see a symbol in the background with "grass" streaking diagonally across the screen. So I alt-tab to see if I can reset the graphics. I go back in the game and all is good...until I close the window that is open. Blue Screen.

I log in again, after the reboot, and continue on. Talk to the guy that gives me the note for the Island. Teleport to the island. After loading, I walk and get a .CPP error. Game crashes. I try to reload. Blue Screen.

I log back in, after reboot of course, and talk to the merchants on the island...all is good until I start moving and panning the camera. The Polygons come back. all over the screen. I see my weapon in the middle of the screen with a "crest" behind it and more of that ******** grass. Alt-tab fixes this, until I move and it happens again. I alt-tab, fixed, move, broke. Game crashes.

Tell me this isn't normal?

Win2K SP4
    1G RAM
    AMD 64 3500+
    GeForce4 6800 GT (PCI-Express)
    Running the game off a RAID0 ( 200G+200G) SATA drives (if it matters)

Andir

Default Re: Bluescreens/garbled Polygons onscreen

I found out what it was I think. I have AnitVir Guard...disabling that fixed my issues.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Default Re: Bluescreens/garbled Polygons onscreen

For whatever reason, some antivirus programs do decide that the program is doing something it shouldn't (which it honestly isn't).

Rather annoying I would say, but give it a few days and I'll bet you can giggle about it, too.

Glad you got it to work.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Thread Information