Thread: Storm in a tea cup, a cook's cry for justice.

Default Storm in a tea cup, a cook's cry for justice.

There is a very big gripe with the confectioner school. Many things about the school are either useless or unfair.

I?ll start with chickens and cows.
    This is the thorn in the side of almost all cooks. The gathering rate on eggs is drastically to low, and milk could use a shot in the arm also. I propose introducing two new structures, a chicken coop and a dairy stables. Standing structures, similar to sand piles and water wells, where you can gather eggs and milk with out having to chase them around. And I don?t mean put a coop and stable in every town, just in sslins?s farm would be enough, just something so we don?t have to run around for hours on end, to gather meager amounts of resources to craft.

Now, onto the craft in general.
    Which is, to say it bluntly, useless. In 60 levels of cooking, and being able to make all the tier IV foods, I have never once been asked to make food for the use of fading death points. Ambrosia sure, but I?m not the only one making ambrosia, there are still ambrosia vendors. I propose you make food techable.

For example. A basic soup just fades time on a death point. Add another ingredient to it, like carrots, and now it?s harder to make, but gives you a temporary boost to your accuracy. Get it? Carrots, eye sight? Add some pepper or salt to it, again it?s harder to make, but you get more benefits. This would give cooking a real reason, and competition in the consumables market. It would also make cooking more like cooking, where in the cook can really experiment with ingredients to get a desired effect.
    Adding in some drinks would be nice also, and for goodness sake, snowballs + milk + sugar = ice cream. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese

If you put in ice cream I promise to make you some. ^^
    You do not need a reason to care. ~Xeno
    XenoDrake TheLightBringer, Glimmers Red, Shirahime, Zelena Ironhand

Default Re: Storm in a tea cup, a cook's cry for justice.

A wonderful idea... show the CNFs that they aren't TG's abandoned redheaded stepchildren.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

a friend of mine said i should make a better example of the teching system i mean. so here goes.

make a new quarter master in sslins. he sells food techs. techs like Armor, Health, Str, Dex, Focus, Power, Spinning, Smelting, Stoneworking, and other skills that are used to make a processed resource. and i said that because that leaves the gathering skills like quarrying or mining to poitions, but if we want to creat competition, why not have this new cosigner sell those kind of techs also.

now, what do these techs do?

well you would have a basic formula for that tier. like Pie. Pie is just a pie pan, and dough, untill you add something to it, like meet or candied appels (appel pie?) its just dough and a pie pan. which can be made, and is just,Wheat Pie. takes a little time off your death point. consider it like eating rations, baked bread, it will keep you alive.

so in the crafting window, you add the tech STR, all of a sudden, the skill needed to make it goes up, and you have to add a new ingredient. for this eample, the tech STR calls for Beef. so now we have a beef pie, fades a little time on your DP, and boosts your STR for a wile.

in keeping with the patern of everything else, a tier I pie can only have one tech, the tier I STR tech for this example. and the effects are similer to a tier I bulster STR I potion. moving to tier II, now you need the next tier up of pie pan, earthenware, and again, youll need the dough, this time, its rice dough, keeping with the already exsisting patern here. but just making that, yealds just a rice dough pie. adding STR II to the mix, now you need Beef and some pepper.

now on to tier III, where in you can now add two techs. we will make yet another beef pie, this time with Terra Cotta pie pans and "Long Grain Wheat", new grain found in some area popular to have tier III resources. here you can make just a Long Grain Pie, fades some time, or add STR III. but now you have two tech slots, so you can also add a Health III, now its even harder to make, and takes all kinds of stuff, salt pepper, beef and maybe some chicken or potatos. but you get this really tasty STR/Health boosting pie. but lets say you want to be really weird, and drop STR III on there twice. well ok then, double the ammounts for the ingredients needed for STR III, double the effect, and cut the duration time in half. or get really over complicated and make up some rediclus math system to figure out a precentage of increas of effects/ precentage of boost in effectivness / duration time. how ever it goes, the idea is to be able to split up making foods like the augmentatiopn spell line, with gifts (long lasting ok boost) enhacments (not as long, but more effect) rises (short but really good effect with longer recharge times) and surges (really short lasting, very big boost in skill, and equely long rechard time)

leave the "gift" area of consumables in the hands of poitions, let foods fill in the enhancments rises and surges of the consumables. a warrior with no augmentation skill im sure would love to be able to have a surg like augmentation opition, that curently dosent exsist. and the ability to customize the foods we make would make cooking fun and most of all usefull.

adding names to the techs for applying them to a food would be similer to how its done with any other tech,

STR = Hardy
    Dex = Tangy
    Focus = Smooth
    Power = Spicy

and so on and so on

so aHardyAndTangyLong Grain Pie would call for
    Terra Cotta Pie Pans
    Long Grain Dough
    Beef
    Pepper
    Carrots
    Salt

and it would give you a 30 min boost to both STR and Dex similer to an enhancment, and fade a small ammount of any exsisting Death Points. But a Very Hardy Long Grain Pie has two str III techs, and so calls for double the beef and pepper, only lasts 15 mins, but gives you double the benift.

and of course, figure out a way to make it so they wont stack with all the other things out there and make a characer too over buffed. like enhance power wont work if someone is under the effect of a "Spicy" food. Or if someone has a Very Hardy food buff, they cant have anoter food typeuntill that one fades. Make foods effects unable to be dispelled and unable to be removed, logicly, how are you goign to dispell someones stomach, and outside forcing yourself to vomit, how are you going to "Remove" or "cancle"digesting soemthing into your blood stream?Healers and Cleric's will of course complan that this is in essence making them useless, but in truth its just giving the people who arent healer/clerics and dont have one to follow them around 24/7 an opition or alternitave to the augmentation line of spells, and limited line of poitions.

i hope this helped elorbrate some. and im sorry for my spelling, but i used Word on the first post, and when i copied it over, it looked all messed up and well, i didnt want to have to edit this one too.

Don't forget there are still no T5 Conf forms.

The only class with machines not near resources, and in many cases resources not near where you need to work.

There are many problems with confection.

Many many, but the idea is interesting.
    -Digit Dryad
    Chaos

redoing the craft like i have explaned would fix that, introducing new resources to compleat the "basic" formulas, like the Long Grain Wheat as a tier III bread product. we already have tier V fish and some of the cook ware. this just offers a way to compleat the craft with out being unfair. and altering it in a way to make it usefull on all fronts.

It is high time we figured out how to domesticate cows and chickens and even plant gardens. Perhaps one plot in each guild town could be designated as a pasture/garden. Resources would take lumber for fencing and vegetables to start the garden growing. Even the above mentioned chicken coop and a barn are possible. Just treat the chickens and cows as the associated machines or npcs'that come with the building.

Now mind you, having a farm such as this may make the confectioners life too simple but that can be remedied. Introduce a "grass" resource so "hay' can be harvested, we can already harvest grain for chickens.Perhaps "seeds" for the garden. Then have the barn/coop/garden each have a storage bin where the resource can be placed.

Take the barn for example. A Journeyman barn would support 6 cows. To keep those 6 cows producing milk would take so much hay. The hay stored in the barn would support those 6 cows for a month then would require you to make a couple of runs to cut some more. Run out of hay the cows do not produce milk.

Community gardens/farms could be treated the same way. Gardens exist. Just allow them to be built.

And then, most of all, make food desirable over ambrosia. Like candied apples, give different foods different "buffs" and make those buffs worth having. Then confectioners are viable.As long as food only lessens a death penalty then ambrosia and its "ease" of use will outsell it. Perhaps one could could consume no more then 1 Ambrosia in 24 hours....[;)]
    Bori Grimbattle --->The Dwarf
    Sinistre Azazael---> The Fiend
    Adramaleck Flerious--->The Dragon

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

Blondie Longhorns

I agree with everything, and teching would be very cool. I've been lvl 86 confec since about forever. Its extremely difficult to lvl it past because of the lack of expert forms. Something needs to be done to fix the class, and these suggestions have been the best ideas on it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Bori Grimbattle
    It is high time we figured out how to domesticate cows and chickens and even plant gardens. Perhaps one plot in each guild town could be designated as a pasture/garden. Resources would take lumber for fencing and vegetables to start the garden growing. Even the above mentioned chicken coop and a barn are possible. Just treat the chickens and cows as the associated machines or npcs'that come with the building.

Now mind you, having a farm such as this may make the confectioners life too simple but that can be remedied. Introduce a "grass" resource so "hay' can be harvested, we can already harvest grain for chickens.Perhaps "seeds" for the garden. Then have the barn/coop/garden each have a storage bin where the resource can be placed.

Take the barn for example. A Journeyman barn would support 6 cows. To keep those 6 cows producing milk would take so much hay. The hay stored in the barn would support those 6 cows for a month then would require you to make a couple of runs to cut some more. Run out of hay the cows do not produce milk.

Community gardens/farms could be treated the same way. Gardens exist. Just allow them to be built.

And then, most of all, make food desirable over ambrosia. Like candied apples, give different foods different "buffs" and make those buffs worth having. Then confectioners are viable.As long as food only lessens a death penalty then ambrosia and its "ease" of use will outsell it. Perhaps one could could consume no more then 1 Ambrosia in 24 hours....[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]

this is actualy a very good idea, making the structures interactive to really have a "living" community.

Thread Information