Thread: Plot Reclamation: A important difference on Unity

Default Plot Reclamation: A important difference on Unity

When understand the system right then there is a important difference between Unity and the NA Shards, that may be considered by Smeglor:

NA-Shard: Every plot is connected to a cd-key. And every cd-key has only one connected plot. When the cd-key is inactiv for x days, the plot will be auctioned.

Unity-Shard: Every plot is again connected to a cd-key. But one cd-key can have (because of a bug) up to 5! plots connected with it.

This leads to the questions: How does the system detect how many plots a account has, and what happens when it finds one cd-key with multiple plots connected to it? And how would this effect a account that is still active, but has multiple plots?
    Cerjar de Viejalcazaba - Paladin
    Rahskha - Ranger
    Farandor - Ancient Helian Dragon

...Realm of Unity...

Default Re: Plot Reclamation: A important difference on Unity

At the GN Board you will find the answer. Luca says that they will eleminate the bug so that all palyers only can have one Plot.
    Kharuum / Caramia Unity
    Whenever an Optimist sees a ligth which isnt really there, there allways is an pesimist who blows it out.
    Giovanni Guareschi

We will try to get that implemented as well.
    Iknow this comment from Luca. But it doesnt answer the question in any way. I am asking the technical consequence from the actual situation thatis on Unity, not what GN wants to try to implement...
    Rahskha - Ranger

...Realm of Unity...

All I can say is about time !!!

I've been bugging peeps for weeks on this issue...

A Guess

I am guessing this how they'll do it...

RANDOM

If you own 5 plots on one account...

After the patch / program run you'll own one plot on your account...(not five)

I am guessing this willbe a random act...

SO

All you players out there with more than one plot on your account...

Better get something sorted...

Or

Your best plot may be up for SALE !!!

[:O]

Quote Originally Posted by Cerjar
    This leads to the questions: How does the system detect how many plots a account has, and what happens when it finds one cd-key with multiple plots connected to it? And how would this effect a account that is still active, but has multiple plots?
    My answer to the question would be: I don't care. By the book it is one plot per account. If there are people with irregularities in regards to rules, it is their problem, not Tulga's or GN's, and they may want to do something about it before auctions begin.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

This is GN's Problem. Two possible sideeffects:

- The script fails and cannotbe run in any way on Unity
    - The script only handlesthe firstplot on a cd-key, the rest will be unhandeld (maybe the next plot will be reclaimed with the next run, maybe not), which would also mean, active accounts will stay untouched, no matter of how many plots there are

I just want to be sure that Tulga and GN consider this difference, and that the script can handle the situation as it is on Unity.
    Rahskha - Ranger

...Realm of Unity...

I too am keen to learn more about this difference between Unity and the North American shards. From what I've just read in this topic covering the possible outcomes, it could be a rather messy outcome if it doesn't go well. Hopefully Game Network will weigh up the possible consequences and take all appropriate action in order to prevent anything other than the desired effect from occuring.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandovar
    At the GN Board you will find the answer. Luca says that they will eleminate the bug so that all palyers only can have one Plot.
    Unfortunately Luca said 'try', not 'Game Network will' [:(]

Please accept my apologies beforehand as I am crap at understanding technical things.

Maybe Varagaard has a point. If those with multiple plots to one cd key sell them before the auctioning begins, there would not be so many variables for the programme to have to deal with????

The question marks are there because I am guessing and, as explained, do not have a clue about technical stuff and whether that would, indeed, cure the potential problems.

It seems like common sense but probablyprogrammes do not work that way, and of course you will have those that do not realise that the auctions are beginning and so could have a problem on the day.

Rainbow

All the script has to do is ..

A) PlayerAccount Name (email you signed up with. This is the problem they have now with some having different e-mails for different accounts for the same person eg.MrDoe@ someplace.com andMrDoe@ thatotherplace.com)
    B) Is AccountName a paid account? Yes? How many PAID keys? This gives how many plots you are entitled to.
    C) If yes then do a count of # of plots asscociated with thatAccount Name
    D) Does the answer in B = the answer in C? If yes then all is okay. If not then how many (E)xtra plots so C-B= E
    E) Sell plots until C = B.

That is a very simple way of putting it but if they leave the plots sold as random it would work. The problem would be for example if I let one of my two accounts lapse. As Guild leader and owner of the Guildplot if they randomly sold one and it happens to be the main one......[:O]

Very crude but I hope it helps.
    Bori Grimbattle --->The Dwarf
    Sinistre Azazael---> The Fiend
    Adramaleck Flerious--->The Dragon

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

Quote Originally Posted by Bori Grimbattle
    All the script has to do is ..
    On EU side it is even simpler than that. We can have only one CD-key per account, and no option to add more. The problem is that the number of plots is not restricted to just one per CD-key/account. A post above says it is capped at five... I suppose it has been tested then (by trying to buy a sixth plot).

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Thread Information