Thread: Comeback

Athos

Default Comeback

Yup... Coming back after a year or so to see how the game is now :) Dount anyone who would know me still plays though.

Default Re: Comeback

Welcome back! You've come just in time if you're still in tier I. HEAPS of fun to be had in the new revamped Lesser Aradoth! What shard do you reside on?
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

Athos

will my KoC still be gimped or should I have got some love? hehe

Athos

My main was something like 77 KoC/35 conj on Spirit shard

Then you will now be on the Order shard. And Knocs have been improved since release and seen the recycle time on their swords reduced, pretty new shields, undispellable gear no where near as buggy as they once were.

Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

Yeah, I remember you. Kinda wish I didn't, though.
    Brassandyn and Landowyn
    The Steelworks. Realm of Order

wow me too -- there are a few of us. I just resubbed today after months away, playing EQ/EQ2 and CoH.

Found out that some of my favorite guildies from Imperial Crusaders on Chaos had returned here from EQ2 and so I renewed both of my accounts and rejoined my old guild. We're small but then some of the really annoying people are gone hahaha.

I see that the game is entirely new from when I last played it and I am going to have to relearn it. I created a new dragon (and saw the spiffy new dragon tutorial -- cool stuff).

Only thing that's the same is lag -- but then I am used to that from other games as well.

Today I met a couple of other people who were just coming back. And having come from other places one sees that this game does offer a lot of stuff that others don't. It is a very unique game really.

We'll see how it goes.

Welcome back AoTK! You'll find Lesser Aradoth a brand new experience as well now. [:D]
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

I remeber you, you were that gimp knoc from spirit lol :P.. im still around but not hardly as much.. Still waiting for new content I guess..
    Frons Von Frik - Order

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalyr
    Welcome back AoTK! You'll find Lesser Aradoth a brand new experience as well now. [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]
    well ya know EVERYTHING is new. Everything I do I find something new. Like this AM: went to trainer for quest and got the quest window. HOLY COW. Now I have played enough games to know that's a radical change and I also know how slow other games are to change things like that (if they EVER change them). So it is a rediscovery of EVERYTHING.

Athos

LOL. Ouch Lando.

I can't believe you are still around Frons, haha.

Well my character's name is Doane Spirit now, so keep an eye out :)

Issop

Just reading the forums and getting ready to either download the trial or find my disc in a few minutes---I can't even remember my name ingame--Issop or maybe Tumac haha. Anyways i was in beta and played for a while--even was the 1st to build a house in a city called "Morning -something". Had a silo built too but they didnt work at the time. Oh geez, I remember i had a fence and a "Gazebo" type thingie! lol.Anyways maybe ill run into you guys. Issop

I am really loving it so far. Helps a lot being in a guild with my old buddies and some new ones. I was not sure this game would pull me away from CoH but it is doing it.

If you haven't played since merger (as I haven't) then you really do not know the game. Don't do what I did and go running around to all the places stuff used to be and notice it's not there any more.

Download the pekka maps (in player customizations), join a guild, and find out where stuff is now.

There are waaaaay too many new things to mention. I am continually discovering new stuff.

MODs I think we need a stickied thread for people coming back to Istaria...because it seems that there is a sudden influx. I am thinking it is because of the mmorpg.com stuff -- first the reassessment and now the announcement of the latest patch (note you'd have had to pay for this patch in other games!).

So anyone thinking of it: do give it a shot.

Heya Arse!

I'm just getting back as well. I had to see the game after having to listen to dozer repeatedly beat it down. So far I am enjoying it again, though I still haven't recovered all my hot keys ;)

One thing I will say, I see the spawning is better now. Was walking through the snow wolves and they spawned as I ran through. I left back when I would wait in that area for 5-10 minutes and maybe one would spawn. Its nice to see it working better.

I had to get Pekka's map pack of course.

I tried starting a new char to get a feel for the game, but I am sad to see that I could find not one single quest or helpful instruction in the starting towns. I noticed the training town only takes you to New Brommel now, I am hoping that's because they will be putting in a training course of some sort there like I heard the dragons got. It's really needed to capture a truly new user.

Quote Originally Posted by JDexter
    I tried starting a new char to get a feel for the game, but I am sad to see that I could find not one single quest or helpful instruction in the starting towns. I noticed the training town only takes you to New Brommel now, I am hoping that's because they will be putting in a training course of some sort there like I heard the dragons got. It's really needed to capture a truly new user.
    Have you tried a new dragon hatchling? Give it a go and see what you think of their new tutorial. [:)] The same love is being applied to the biped tutorial so that is something else to look forward to!

HEY!!! JDexter. It is like old home week around here!!!

Glad you're back too. I just spiffed up my machine to get a good FPS and well it will take me a long while to get through all the goals I already have.

Everything is different -- it is one cool new thing after another: tarbash portable disks, guild plots, quest choice screen, wisp island, ... , a new discovery every few minutes. Very cool.

Also the leveling rate seems good to me after playing other games.

Thread Information