Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reconsider new XP-system and choice of target

Default Re: Reconsider new XP-system and choice of target

The system - such as it exists on live (have not seen the blight changes) allows for very simple mob killing if you take along a lower-than-you level adult dragon.

The mobs flock to the small(er) dragon - who can then fly without losing agro.

Other characters can beat up the mobs almost with impunity.

This is of course completely stupid and makes a mockery of combat.

Like others - I like the fact that TG are looking to improve the PLing by changing mob behavior, but as we all seem to agree, it has gone too far.

Here's to hoping the blight changes fix some of these issues.

("wanting to group with low level adult dragon") - :)

When this system first came out I thought it sounded like a great idea. I still have no problem with the experience distribution side, as it stops pl'ing, which is what it's supposed to do. ( I must admit, I haven't grouped with a wide range of levels to check it out though).

The new aggro is a joke - I hate it.

I'm a level 100 druid with a rating of 134 and I usually hunt with a 100 dragon.

We were at yew treants recently and I saw another player being attacked by several mobs. I ran close to see if he needed heals or buffs, which is something I always do. I did not attack anything, nor did I even get time to throw a heal. As soon as I got close the mobs left him and went after the dragon I was grouped with. The other player was not grouped with us, and the dragon I was grouped with was out of range of me, in the opposite direction to the mobs. Fortunately the other player didn't think I was ks'ing, but I still felt bad for taking all his mobs.

Another occasion we were doing fiery dire wolves at the gem tunnel entrance on fire island. The dragon went afk so he moved down the tunnel out of range of the wolves. I pulled a few to kill by myself, they ran past me into the tunnel, realized the dragon was out of range and ran back past me and down the hill out of my range, even tho I was attacking them the whole time. This happened several times. I couldn't even hunt by myself while I was grouped with someone with a lower rating, even while he was out of range.

As for pulling a mob off another player, forget it. No matter what damage I do or what heals I cast, I cannot get aggro.

As druid, my primary weapon is my cot, but if I can't get anything to attack me then that weapon becomes not merely useless, but non-existent.

I've gone from being an equal, contributinggroup member tofeeling like an almost useless hanger-on.

Another aspect of this that hasn't come up yet is that of adventurers acting as bodyguards to crafters collecting resources. If you're a high level crafter with a low adventure level then you're toast - uless yur bodyguards are lower level adventure than you, in which case they aren't going to be much help to yu anyway.

I won't even start on the effect on the social aspect of grouping - for me that's just completely dead now.
    Guildmaster of The Alliance
    http://The-Alliance.cjb.net

Oh really, now here we go again. Its funny how in some circumstances people say they mob is dumb and should not be able to think.

Then change it to they are smart and would attack the greatest threat.

Now as I see it in reality, you nor I would have a box above our head saying what level we are............ So no, both scenerios are correct.

And really is it always the largest and most powerful that poses the biggest threat?

I think not! Last night I was grouped and this person was bugging the heck out of all of us in the group asking to be invited. We we're on elnath and this level 12 wanted in. He was harassing all of us, chat popups, group pop ups constantly. he died and kept on doing it no matter how I explained that it wasn't a good idea for him to be here at his level. He caused many problems for us while we we're in battle.

So yes the lowest in a group can be an impact to a battle.

But guess what....It's a Game.

Jayne

Though i better share my thoughts on this as it has started to become a tad annoying. My dragonand my bf's dragon go out hunting and hes only 2 lvls higher than me and they still all come for me. It sort of gets annoying when theres a mob (example of this was one of the dragon quests yesterday where we had to go to the blighted area and kill those things that look like big dirty undead man-babys and have red necroflys as friends) and they would all go for me causing me to lag for a few seconds and then end up killing me.

Sometimes some went for me and some went for my bfs dragon which was good :)

As for getting rid of P'lvling i still talk to some people that are happy to get death points just as long as they get up some lvls. And while watching a person whom i had meet do a bit of fighting i realised its easy for dragons to fly above and not get attacked :D

Anyway i just thought i would share :)

"If you meet Buddha, Kill Buddha. If you meet your ancestor, kill your ancestor. Attached to nothing, bound by nothing. Live life for the sake of life itself." - Genjo Sanzo, G. Saiyuki
    <--------------------------//------------------------>
    Nitestorm: 100 Dragon/100 Craft (Chaos)
    Nitefyre: 90 Mage/60 Knoc

Thread Information