Thread: Hello

robert1007

Default Hello

I used to play back in beta when you had to log on using a webpage, and half the time it could timeout for me. Is that still the case? Also is there a possibility that I can see some advancement in the 7day trial to make my mind on purchasing? If its only like a short demo of a game where I can only get to level 5 or 10 it wouldn't convince me to stay.

I also wonder what the state of the game is, Mostly stable? I am playing on a P4 1.6 gig with 384 mb ram and a Geforce FX 5200 128mb video card. Will this game lag for me or play semi comfortably. I am not worried over having to lower some settings to get alright performance.

Also anyone have a non-pressure but still mature Guild or equivalent? I would like to get in and immediately play with some mature players in groups or the like. Hope to see you in istaria.

Default Re: Hello

There is now a standalone launcher for the game, it works fine for me and most people I have talked to, but not for everyone... the ol' website method still works if the launcher won't cooperate for you. As far as the trial, it's just 7 days to play the game however you see fit. You download the game, you play, and after a week you have to decide if you want to pay the subscription to keep playing.

Compared to Beta (I was around back then too!) the game has advanced immensely. Performance is much better, lag is still around a bit, but not anywhere near what it used to be. The only worry I have about your computer is the RAM... you'll probably have a tough time in cities with less than 512MB. I have 1GB of memory in my computer and I still get a little chop in Tazoon. As far as content, a huge amount has been added, and new things are continually being patched in on a semi-regular basis. Plus, the devs interact with us more...

As far as mature players, I can only speak for the Order shard where I play, but we don't have many players who aren't. Most of the jerks and uber-l33ts gave up on the game and faded away long ago. The population is smaller these days, but on the plus side it gives us a very tight-knit community of mostly helpful, friendly people. There's a list of guilds recruiting new players on our shard's board. Good luck to you in Istaria!
    kitty: 48 Mage 22 Healer + others
    80 MIN 65 GTH 69 TNK 70 MSN 55 SPL
    41 BLK 41 SCH 47 CRP 38 JWL + others
    dragon: 91 adv, 100 craft, 22 lair
    elf: 49 ELAR, 31 Healer, 51 Fitter + others

robert1007

Thank you for that informative post. If that's the quality of player in Horizons I think I will have fun playing.

robert1007

Actually now going through the trial account that was a waste. I don't have a credit card of my own and it requires one for a trial. Well hope you all have fun anyway. I guess its back to CoH

Thread Information