Thread: Lag Resolve

Athenasi

Default Lag Resolve

Not sure if it is even possible but it would seem fairly easy to add to the user interface if its not already there. Different types of tasks require different settings to be efficient.

For example crafting requires that I am able to see further for resources, but not neccesarily see as many people or what they look like

Hunting would need me to see enemies and possibly that I am casting my sells and such

In a guild meeting I might want to see all the people around me but not need to see all that far, or need to see spells and such.

What I am getting at is would it be possible to set up profiles that would allow you to perform a certain function optimally. If so it would be sweet to type in a command like /setprof Crafting something like that.

In the mean time can anyone suggest certain settings maybe even in setpref for certain tasks that could be hotkeyed with the text editor command. Settings that would trim the fat on all the features and just allow for the bare neccessities.

Shooting from the hip, I was thinking along the lines of Hunting, Crafting, Meetings, Minimum Lag, Feature rich and so on. I am not even sure it is possible but if it is what would some suggestions be.

Default Re: Lag Resolve

Try setting your fog distance for different situations.

Make a hot key,
    select text command,
    then type...

/setpref fogstartdist 40
    /setpref fogenddist 60

Now save. Use this for in towns, and during guild meetings.

/setpref fogstartdist 100
    /setpref fogenddist 150

Works well for crafting.
    As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

in addition to setting fog distances, set 3 hotkeys up that include loaddist

Set loaddist to equal fogenddist

1 hotkey labeled view in
    /setpref loaddist 80
    /setpref fogstartdist 50
    /setpref fogenddist 80

save the key

view normal hotkey
    /setpref loaddist 280
    /setpref fogstartdist 250
    /setpref fogenddist 280

view max hotkey
    /setpref loaddist 1000
    /setpref fogstartdist 950
    /setpref fogenddist 1000

you get the general idea. the numbers you end up using may vary depending on your systems performance. View max needs lots of ram.

for fast teleports, always switch to view in before recalling or teleporting.

These setting are interesting ... Gotta try them ... I need more quick bar !!! [:'(]
    Nalrach, Healer & Guardian, Member of the "Iron Circle" guild
    Ramti, Friendly draggy trying to wake-up from long nap.

Athenasi

Thanks for the advice, is there a listing of the setpref options anywhere so I could experiment further.

Thread Information