Thread: Help plse - Constant crashing as soon as char is loaded .

Zzergresh

Default Help plse - Constant crashing as soon as char is loaded .

Was playing this afternoon and evening and everyting was fine .

A guildy was taking me to the guild house in Falathian , when on the island my client crashed .

Since then , with that char , its crashed as soon as the char has loaded with the following message " FATAL ERROR : Too many world object update ID's to send ! : 0 @ C:\client_vs2003\source\ClientErrors.cpp:786 "

I've rebooted computer , emptied world cache etc and all to no avail .

Everything was fine till on Falathian .

Any help would be greatly appreciated as i currently can't use that char at all

Default Re: Help plse - Constant crashing as soon as char is loaded .

Have you tried the new "Recall" option on the login site? I don't think it's available with the stand alone patcher.. But fire up the ol' IE and you'll find a new option where the "Full Scan" etc. ones were.
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

Oh, same problem, same errormassage.

My friend (charname Oktarius) has exaktly the same problems since friday evening.
    He has a plot in Falathien (server unity) and allways when he trys to run or
    teleport to Falathien, then his client crashes whit the same error massage
    (Too many world objekt update ...).

The interesting thing is, when i log in with his char and take him away from
    Falathien, then he can log in without any problems. Then he trys to go to
    Falathien --> crash and the login is impossible.

He made a full scan, he uninstalled and installed new the client, he updated his
    grafikdriver. Nothing helps, its allways the same error in Falathien.

I hope anyone can help him.

Zzergresh

Quick update on my problem .

I still crash if i even try to enter falathian , i can go to alya and the other village nearby without any problems .

System specs are :-

Athlon 2200xp
    ATI Radeon 9600 pro 128mb
    1 gig ddr
    MB - Asus NF7S Nvidia 2 Chipset
    Windows XP service pack 2

Having looked at the Debug log that is generated , the clients shows itself to be asking for 1000 world object ID's before closing down with that above mentioned Fatal Error .

I have tried dropping all my gfx settings to the absolute minimim , including view distance , amount of chars etc , and no change.

This appears to be happening for a growing number of individuals on the Unity shard. Unfortunately we still have the same login site from when the game was launched in December '03 so we do not have the recall option that is available on the North American login site.

All I can recommend is to edit the ClientPrefs_Main.def file, and alter the value useLoadingScreen to false, like this :

bool useLoadingScreen = false

When logging in, you will not have the loading screen, and can hit the recall button a few times while waiting for your character and the terrain to load. If this doesn't help then I am not sure what else to suggest. I hope Game Network respond to your support ticket soon.

This sounds a lot like the Floating Island crash bug, which is a bug related to certainvideo cards/drivers. Especially if you can login on another computer and not have the problem.

Might want to try older or newer video adapter drivers. Definitely get a bug report in and send them your logs.
    Foxfire Godspell, Ice Queen of Istaria, Dark Defenders
    Manta Guild Community @ Collinswood
    Knoc/Conj, Mastercraftswoman -and-
    Ravagice, Horde Fueled WunderWyrm

Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire
    This sounds a lot like the Floating Island crash bug, which is a bug related to certainvideo cards/drivers. Especially if you can login on another computer and not have the problem.

Might want to try older or newer video adapter drivers. Definitely get a bug report in and send them your logs.
    Unfortunately this does not appear to be the case. It actually seems to be a problem with some computers not being able to handle the sheer volume of player structures in the nearby vicinity in some player settlements on Unity. So far those who have suffered this problem on Unity are relying on those with more powerful computers (faster CPU, more memory, but not necessarily a different graphics card / drivers) to help them out.

As you rightly point out, it is definitely worth getting the log files sent in, but not to Game Network. Send them directly to Tulga by creating a support case via their email address : [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Entilzah
    It actually seems to be a problem with some computers not being able to handle the sheer volume of player structures in the nearby vicinity in some player settlements on Unity. So far those who have suffered this problem on Unity are relying on those with more powerful computers (faster CPU, more memory, but not necessarily a different graphics card / drivers) to help them out.
    First of all, I'm a german player and my english isn't very good. I can't understand
    exactly what you mean. You think its a problem whit not enough power from the
    computer to load all the player structures in Falathien?
    I don't think so, because the computer from Zzergresh is a powerfull mashine
    (secs.: Athlon 2200xp, ATI Radeon 9600 pro 128mb, 1 gig ddr, MB - Asus NF7S
    Nvidia 2 Chipset, Windows XP service pack 2) and the computer from my friend
    Oktarius is similar to this. Both of them has the problem, but i don't have any
    problems in Falathien with my computer, and it is only a Pentium 3, 800 MHz,
    Intel 812 chipset, 512 MB SD-RAM, ATI9200-128MB-Catalyst 5.4, WIN XP + SP2.
    When Oktarius crashed in Falathien, then i can log in with his charakter and move
    everywhere in Falathien without any problems. Also the lag in Falathien isn't very
    high. In Falathien on Unity are not more player structures to load as in the most
    other player cities, but the crash only happens in Falathien.

I hope my declarations were helpful to solve the problems soon.

Both problem exists.

Floating Island: Affected by video drivers. I can loginwith my weaker laptop with a different (weaker) video card when I have the can't-load-crash and walk myself out.

Too many structures nearby: Seen problems with this on Chaos, but it showed itself as bad graphics (red haze)and structures not being selectable, not a crash. Bet it's related. I turn my max viewing distance down and the problem goes away. Might be worth adjusting that in the preferences (manually) when you crash to see if it helps. I assume you've tried both World Cache clearing and resetting your character's preference files? Try chucking them both in the trash (keep a copy of your prefsif you want to try reapplying later, I hate redoing my screen layout, hot keys & macros).

And while playing around with those, still put in that ticket with Tulga for better advice and (hopefully) permanent solutions!
    Foxfire Godspell, Ice Queen of Istaria, Dark Defenders
    Manta Guild Community @ Collinswood
    Knoc/Conj, Mastercraftswoman -and-
    Ravagice, Horde Fueled WunderWyrm

Many many thanks,
    since a little patch last week the problem with falathien on unity is fixed.
    Oktarius can visit his plot there without any problems.

I hope the problem for Zzergresh is also cleared so he can visit
    Falathien without any client-crashing.

Many greatings
    Cer on Unity

Thread Information