Thread: The Day the Fury Changed

imported_Eileen Mavourneen

Default The Day the Fury Changed

Ilvoldi could see that Mithran was restless again, as restless as he had been the fateful day that Feladan fell to the Withered Aegis. But why? Work on the machines that would free their beloved Feladan from bondage was going well. Their beloved childhood homeland would soon belong to the Elven race again. Fighters and crafters alike were proving both dedicated and heroic in the ongoing efforts. Wasn?t this the first goal? Then why wasn?t the leader of the Fury of Feladan enthused and eager?

?So what is it with you?? Ilvoldi asked his commander, shaking his brown hair back from his eyes and thinking back to that bitter day 25 years before when they had fled Feladan.

?What?? the agitated Reaver exclaimed with the same fierce, impassioned eyes that Ilvoldi remembered from before it all began. Back on that day, Mithran had been railing against the leadership of Feladan for allowing the gnome city of Rachival to fall. ?What are they thinking? The defense of our own land has to include alliances with those surrounding us! Superiority isn?t a given ? it comes from noble actions, from careful thinking and planning! We should at least have contingents at the front, for our own information if not for the defense of our neighbors! And ongoing training for all, to keep us strong ? tailors and confectioners are fine, but without fighting skills, they aren?t going to stop the Withered Aegis from marching ever forward! Mark my words, once the other races fall, we can?t be far behind.? Vividly, Ilvoldi relived this moment, feeling again the stirrings of fierce loyalty to his long-time companion and their shared ideals. The moment had been brief, as the pair of elves had been startled to hear shouting from the streets below.

````

?Flee for your lives!? and ?Invasion!? were the cries that rose above the roar, and at that moment a grim old guard burst into the room. He met their gaze briefly, each in turn, advising them: ?It?s already a lost cause?they?re holding them off as long as they can, but the council must flee to exile in Tazoon. They will need your protection and assistance if any of them are to arrive intact. Farewell.? With that, he turned and was gone.

Mithran swore under his breath, then turned his angry gaze toward Ilvoldi. ?So, it happens already, so soon. How can we leave Feladan to scum with so little fight? I?ll do what I have to, and then I?ll return. We will return, and retake our home. We will avenge this travesty!?

?We will return. I don?t know how or when, but you and I will return, ? Ilvoldi had passionately promised, then met Mithran?s eyes and added: ?One thing I do know: when we do return, I will be following you.?

~~~~

And so it had come to pass. Mithran, Ilvoldi, Lakota and Angren had worked tirelessly during their exile: developing tactics, training, doing everything they could to grow strong and to strengthen the others who took up the cause. Ilvoldi glanced around him at the ruined structure, noting that they stood in the same room where his prophetic promise had been spoken all those years before. He thought of the brave and noble comrades who had helped in the fight: Vhaemiel, Marius, Iliphar, Thorfynn, Rocinante, Bertail, Laurelia, and so many more.

?We?re not done yet,? came Mithran?s quiet comment.

?No, but close!? quipped Eileen, startling the two elven War Councilors with her sudden appearance. Ilvoldi smiled, and took her hand.

?No, the Withered Aegis must pay for their transgression. They have to be driven back -- their own lands imperiled and besieged before we can claim victory.? Mithran looked off through the ruins, continuing: ?We have to strike now, before elves can fall back into their blind complacency. Now, while we are still strong and determined.? Ilvoldi?s gaze met Eileen?s ? the scholar suddenly understanding Mithran?s restlessness. Intuiting what her leader was about to say, Eileen?s smile vanished as she mouthed a silent ?no, not yet??

?Gather them as soon as possible, all who will come eastward, ? continued Mithran, not seeing (or pretending not to see) Eileen?s grief stricken response. ?Notify Vhaemiel, Thorfynn, Angren, Bertail, and all who will still continue the fight. We leave at dawn.?

Wishing with all her heart that it could be otherwise, Eileen knew she was not strong enough yet for this fight. Unbidden tears formed in her green eyes and she looked pleadingly at Ilvoldi, knowing already that she would be left behind.

Ilvoldi looked down at his beloved with mixed emotions, stroking her red hair but knowing he would follow Mithran eastward in the morning. ?Take care of them, support them and see that the training and recruitment continues,? he said quietly.

?I am not a battle commander ? I can?t lead them without you,? she replied in a deathly quiet voice.

Mithran turned and met her gaze. ?You don?t have to be,? he said. ?Support those who can. Organize them, aid their efforts and enlist those who do have the skills to train them and to fight.?

Ilvoldi added, ?You CAN do those things, and you can help others. We?ve seen you do it already.? Eileen?s eyes closed tight, squeezing her tears out onto her cheek. Ilvoldi continued, ?Reinforce the importance of assisting everyone, especially guildmates. Heal anyone in need and buff them along the paths you take, bring them supplies and armor and crystals to make them stronger. Take resources, formulas, techniques to those working on the supply line. Keep their eyes on the goal, and don?t let them go astray. When they are ready, send contingents to us.? He leaned down and whispered in her ear, ?I?ll love you forever, okay??

?Okay. I?ll do my best not to let you down. I?ll be waiting for you, forever and ever and always.?

Default Re: The Day the Fury Changed

So there's obviously a sequel... Is this like Frith-Rae's and we have to wait for the next installment to be RPed out, or do we just have to wait for you to write it? :)

imported_Eileen Mavourneen

Default Re: The Day the Fury Changed

[:D] Just waiting on me to write it...

Thread Information