Thread: Nice one, healer.

Default Nice one, healer.

Here's one more story for you.

I told this on tazoon.com a while back, but I'll retell it, perhaps only the oldtimers will really get a kick out of it. You have to remember that this happened in the old days, when mobs made a pinging sound when they died, and large pulls were unheard of.

Back in the premerge days, early enough when there were only a few poeple that had a level 100, and VERY few had 2 or 3, we didn't have the level of mass killing that goes on today. 1600 hit energy sabres didn't exist, nobody had dark cyclone, and the game was just plain different than it is now.

Consequently, at that time, a multicast flame bomb was the god of area damage.

(I started as a healer and I enjoyed playing active healer in group).

So, my RL friend Treebeard (wizard, probably in his 50's at the time) and I decided to go test it out after huntinggolems all night. I was getting pretty lit up on beer, so maybe this isn't as funny to everyone now (I still sit and giggle about it to this day). Consider when reading this, that at that time, pulling10 mobs at once was considered uber, and getting in the 20+ range was unheard of against anything difficult.

Well, do you all remember that area outside of harro that had a huge pile of brown wolves? (The lower leveled ones). It was just on the border of the cursed wolf spawn.

Treebeard: "Hey let's try something. I'll go round up all those brown wolves. I think I can one-hit them with multicastenergy bomb III. That'd be funny"
    Twelvebagger (slightly intoxicated): "Ok, I'lll heal you"

So, Tree runs off and gathers up ******** near 20 brown wolves. 20 nowdays is a good pull but not anything to brag about (alhough I still tend to brag about it [:D]), but back then, 20 mobs was rediculous. Purely rediculous.

So, he lights up his energy burst, perfect spell, multicast, as I sip on my beer and get the heal finger ready.

Just then, I get a slight lag pause and hear one really loud D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D DDDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINGG!!!!! as all the mobs die.

I had never seen anything like this before, nor heard such a loud and continuous kill-ding, that I lost control in a fit of laughter, and I also lost control of the Coors Light already in my mouth, and spit it all over my monitor and the adjacent wall. I laughed for about 2 straight minutes, not noticing the 1 CURSED wolf (level 60, a threat back then) that decided to aggro tree, and continued to beat thepiss out of him. After about 1 minute of him getting pummeled (mind you, I'm crying my eyes out due to laughter and beer is dripping off my monitor and wall) and trying to fight back, the wolf kills him easily, withoutpoor Treebeardgetting 1 stinkin heal from me.

Treebeard: "Nice one, Healer."

I'm not sure I've ever laughed so hard in my life.

-12-
    Twelvebagger
    12x100. <-- I did monk!
    Twelvebagger's Mistress (pinkie!)
    Redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes! (*Hands Beer to NimK)

Default Re: Nice one, healer.

hehe another cool story.... got another? [;)]
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Nice story, 12. :)

I especially liked that part that you got drunk from Coors LIGHT!

Really made me fell off my seat ...[;)]

*stops choking with laughter*

Are you trying to damage my monitor? I don't recall seeing coffee-proof in the manual!

Good one :)
    In the void.
    Unity: 100/100 Lunus

I can picture treebeard saying that.

Absolutely hilarious![:D]

Adv: 12x100, 72 Wizard, 60 Warrior, 40 CHSW, 10 Monk (200)
    Craft: 19x100, 100 Tailor (234)
    [extended vacation]

I dont know where they are now but back when the tier 4 fields were north of the player town( forget the name now) past a little outpost of the caster mobs and wolves (undead I think they were). Anyhow there were only 4 of us on the server able to use tier 4 at this time and we were all pretty good friends working different materials and keeping each other company.

So the latest patch just goes in and we all head up to run through the town to the fields and out of no where were all dead within30 seconds. I pull up my combat screen and I see energy bolt III 30 times or soaimed at me. In the chat window people all over are going wtf? as the same thing happens to them all over istaria.

It was a bug ofcourse that allowed the mobs to multi cast their multi cast. I could'nt stop laughing at the fact though that a mob 40 levels below us wiped us all out in under 30 seconds hehe.
    60% Achiever
    46% Socializer
    46% Explorer
    46% Killer
    Redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes! (*Hands Nimk a Beer)

Quote Originally Posted by Guinness
    I can picture treebeard saying that.

Absolutely hilarious![img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]
    Aye, I was already choking and drooling beer in a fit of amusement, then he utters that line and I completely lost it. Couldn't even type back to him or toss him a rez.
    Twelvebagger
    12x100. <-- I did monk!

Quote Originally Posted by Gordok
    I dont know where they are now but back when the tier 4 fields were north of the player town( forget the name now) past a little outpost of the caster mobs and wolves (undead I think they were). Anyhow there were only 4 of us on the server able to use tier 4 at this time and we were all pretty good friends working different materials and keeping each other company.

So the latest patch just goes in and we all head up to run through the town to the fields and out of no where were all dead within30 seconds. I pull up my combat screen and I see energy bolt III 30 times or soaimed at me. In the chat window people all over are going wtf? as the same thing happens to them all over istaria.

It was a bug ofcourse that allowed the mobs to multi cast their multi cast. I could'nt stop laughing at the fact though that a mob 40 levels below us wiped us all out in under 30 seconds hehe.
    I remember that bug man did it suck, it came out about the time they added the dryads island. i barely survived a multicast from a caster out in the deadlands while heading to that isle,hit 8 times for about 150 dmgage in 1 second

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy

hehe another cool story.... got another? [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]
    Sure do! Check out off-topic, for the Infamous Golden Valley Sausage.
    Twelvebagger
    12x100. <-- I did monk!

Thread Information