Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stutter

Default Stutter

Has anyone noticed a large increase in stuttering type of lag, where FPS readings are normal, but there's a lot more jerkiness?

I've noticed this even more so in combat, and porting times are taking a lot longer than normal.

When I say recent, I mean past week or so.

Just curious if others have noticed. A few on chaos have.

-12-
    Twelvebagger
    12x100. <-- I did monk!
    Twelvebagger's Mistress (pinkie!)
    Redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes! (*Hands Beer to NimK)

Default Re: Stutter

YES...thank god i'm not the only one. My guild was starting to think i'm crazy. I'll have 20FPS or so and can barely move.

I'm on Order btw
    -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
    100/100 Dragon
    Following the Path of Lunus
    Journeyman Lairshaper
    -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-

same here, with a brand new setup: Athlon 64 3500+ and dual GT6600 in SLI mode. I thought I had broken something until I tried another game.
    Brassandyn and Landowyn
    The Steelworks. Realm of Order

StormSpirit

Been noticing this a *lot* on Unity, too - fps stays the same, but terrible combat/action lag, often to the extent you are stood there after clicking an action, while the mob merrily beats you to death........Lots of jerkiness when moving around, too. Its not my connection or my system causing this.

I noticed it the first time last night on Chaos. For me it kept happening in the same spot as I entered the mithril golem area. Felt like a funky zone transition each time I crossed that particular spot. Wasn't terrible though. Just a bit jerky for 10 seconds or so. There was no apparent correlation with the number of nodes and golems around me either. Same effect whether none or dozens.

Ingo Nosdracir - Chaos - Human Paladin ++
    Nimah Nosdracir - Chaos - Human Warrior/Cleric
    Ogni Nosdracir - Chaos - Dragon Hatchling

I stuttered quite a bit last winter, it went away at some point. It's back now.

After patching and during the first start up I noted a message in the space that says what percent the loading is at. The message said updating textures.

Is it possible for framerate to be decent and the picture be stuttering because of rendering textures??

Thought it curious enough to comment on and glad to know I haven't had too much coffee. [C]

Just realised this still said Ice....oopsie

Im getting it near the landing pad in kion, worse running into city than out.
    Give Unity the support it deserves!

Quote Originally Posted by Cloe
    After patching and during the first start up I noted a message in the space that says what percent the loading is at. The message said updating textures.
    So far I have only seen this "updating textures" message with the Blight client. I would hope that the Blight client has not been patched to the live shards yet.

Edit : Approximately four months ago I had such a stuttering when working the iron at Aughundell mines. My FPS was perfectly ok, but there was a slight stutter, especially noticable when dragging a cargo disk as it was possible to see parts of the running animation skipped. I resolved it with a fresh installation, and I blamed myself for messing around with the graphics settings too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Entilzah
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Cloe wrote:After patching and during the first start up I noted a message in the space that says what percent the loading is at. The message said updating textures.

So far I have only seen this "updating textures" message with the Blight client. I would hope that the Blight client has not been patched to the live shards yet.

Edit : Approximately four months ago I had such a stuttering when working the iron at Aughundell mines. My FPS was perfectly ok, but there was a slight stutter, especially noticable when dragging a cargo disk as it was possible to see parts of the running animation skipped. I resolved it with a fresh installation, and I blamed myself for messing around with the graphics settings too much.
    There was definately a "converting" or "updating" textures message on todays update for Unity. I saw it, made me wonder what it was doing.

The Blight client (357) has become 357.1 and patched out to all shards, including Unity. I will have to take a closer look later to see if the main concerns with the Blight client have been addressed.

In the meanwhile I am being dragged off to a beach party by the wife and some friends, this is one Entilzah who is most likely going to be buried up to the neck in sand as a birthday present [:|] When I think of Neil's mischeivous nature for birthday pranks it makes me so glad I do not drink alcohol!

A rather burnt (but happy) Entilzah will return later with his feedback on the new client. [:D]

Yes 12, I have noticed this alot in the past week. Porting for me is taking an extra minute or 2 depending. And towns seem to be more lagged, namely for me is Dalimond and mahagra and any player town like harro, parsinia etc.

GhostRdr -
    100- RVR, SPRT, HLR, CONJ, SHMN, GRD
    100- BLK, WPN, FIT, MSN

Fayde- 69 Adult Lunus/35 craft
    82nd Level Hoard
    Member of the Dark Council
    Nana & Gerard Guild Communities

The update on unity may have been good in a fe waspects but its got worse in another..i suffer mega lag spikes mostly where eva i go..yesterday b4 the update i woz doin fine usually hz takes up about 400 - 750mb of my virtual memory which is more than enough now 2day its taking 900 - 1.20GB dunno wots happened but somehting seems wrong and i cant rele stand this.

Stuttering like Pork Pig especially annoying in battle. Also, has anyone else noticed that some corpses fade really fast. Too fast to loot in fact. My guess is 2-3 seconds after kill...poof Seems to happen when killing in numbers over 4 or 5 more often than in lesser numbers. Number of corpses that fade approaches half of what has been killed.

Kwinn
    Kwinn
    Mortal Danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas... Erwin Rommel

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Dog: The other white meat

Order Server

Heavily multiclassed Human Hunter, 'overpowered' to the nth degree of beejeezusness and damned proud of it. Nerf me, go ahead make my day

Happy Birthday Entilzah [:)]

[^] [G] [ip]

Quote Originally Posted by Galilee
    Happy Birthday Entilzah [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]

[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-49.gif[/img] [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-51.gif[/img] [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-59.gif[/img]

Ohh same here, thought it was me though!

Thought it was just me, was in the swamp running at 35 + fps and having combat stutter like mad.

Sharduk

P.S. I asked in mp and seems like everyone is having the problem

Yes, with today's patch to 357.1 I immediately noticed a considerable performance degradation. FPS while standing still don't count, as the game isn't played that way, so I'll leave those out. I think this is the first time I've had 2FPS while running through Kion since, I think, I played with GF-440mx. Can we please roll back to the previous client?

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

having the "stutter" as well. not to a huge degree, but every time I run close to kion for example, it will jerk a bit and then level out. never used to do that before.
    torvos: shadow/chaos shard (on vacation)
    100 mage/100 wizard/100 sorcerer/100 conjuror
    96 chaos warrior
    100 enchanter & member of the dark council

Explorer 86%, Socializer 46%,
    Killer 40%, Achiever 26%

If any Dev's are reading this, could we please get the recent change undone? It appears as though the majority are having these issues, and I say that not based on these posts but based on marketplace feedback as well.

Hopefully we can get more replies here, either in favor of, or opposed to the recent changes.

The lag is attrocious.

-12-
    Twelvebagger
    12x100. <-- I did monk!
    Twelvebagger's Mistress (pinkie!)
    Redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes! (*Hands Beer to NimK)

Thread Information