Thread: Hello

Valfreyja

Default Hello

Any highlvl masons in here?

I'm currently lvl 66 but working hard on granite Brew Stirrers to get better to when we finally get our plots back on the new EU shard.

Whenshould Istart on Obsidian?

Default Re: Hello

Most people find the placement of obsidian rather annoying after the merge. You might want to stick with granite as long as possible. You should be spending some time on Granite Glassblowing Rods before going on to obsidian. It's always helpful if you can get to 2:1 on the bricks and optimum on the siphons before you switch to the next tier, but that's for you to decide. Exactly what level that point is depends on what techs your equipment has.
    Ikfel the Crafty Dwarf
    Level 100 Blacksmith, Mason, Miner, Scholar, and Outfitter

Quote Originally Posted by Valfreyja
    Any highlvl masons in here?

I'm currently lvl 66 but working hard on granite Brew Stirrers to get better to when we finally get our plots back on the new EU shard.

Whenshould Istart on Obsidian?
    Never switch to a higher tier unless you are on full efficiency with the new tier. Obsidian is a real pain after the world patch, but with the repaired shop and one of the large cargo discs, it is possible to level on obs (but still painful). Even as a 85 mason with a ton of tech 3 equipment, marble is still 1-1-1, andjust not worth to level on. Anyhow, I did granite until ca 75-77, and thats been with housebuilding. After that I started doing obs tools, as there has been no need for any t4+ building.
    Dvergar Blutaxt @ Unity (former ICE) / Paladin 97 - Mason 100 // before hibernation

Valfreyja

Thanks for the advice both of you.
    I reached lvl 71 beforemy server (Wind) went down, so now I'm waiting impatiently for our new EU shard Unity to come up so I can contnue. I just don't hope there will be too much competetion over the ressources.

I find granite quite easy to gather and I'm not looking forward to obsidian *shivers*

Any good hints on how to lvl and where (good obsidian locs.) when I get there?

The obsidian far west of Dralk was a real pain to get to. But I made a few levels off it anyway, so it wasn't impossible. Last night I was shown a new spot SSW of Dralk. It is closer and has a very convenient stonecutter in a cave with other machinery. Look at about 22,200 East by 28,250 North for it. I don't have the exact coordinates but looking at a map that's about where it should be. I was able to make and haul back to Dralk 9,000 obsidian bricks in a few hours last night. This spot is a great deal easier than the old and has no golems guarding it. It is quite possibly too easy, so don't count on it being there forever. (I seem to recall David Bowman saying some subsidiary resource fields would come and go.)
    Ikfel the Crafty Dwarf

Wisjh

why is everybody going for xp crafting and not for community building?!?!?!
    i mean there are a lot of bridges and stuff to reconstruct that's what mason are a big part of!

Community building doesn't appeal to me much personally. I helped out with the first Satyr mine and that is about it. I'm not much of a people person and don't really enjoy working in huge chattering groups. If you approach an obscure community project solo the requirements are so great you don't feel you can do any meaningful work.

It's undeniable that if you have a particular skill goal to reach to fastest way to level is to do tools and not actual construction work. There's is a definite argument to not speeding through the game just to reach 100, one should stop and enjoy yourself. But I just can't help myself, I seem to keep collecting craft 100's.

However, I did take time out of my leveling to help out with a guild plot the other night. The 9,000 obsidian bricks I mentioned were for that. I gained no experience from making them and they were handed over to another guild mason to apply that could still use the experience. Now I don't have to feel I'm completely self centered.
    Ikfel the Crafty Dwarf

Demitri

just give me a /tell ingame wisjh whenwe get unity up, im always up for community building, if u know the cords of something that needs built, let me know and ill be there [:P]

Thread Information